Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350Z Drivers...Do you all love your car?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 11:21 AM
mikesung

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350Z Drivers...Do you all love your car?

The reason I am asking is the 350Z has many little problems and some of them are not solved yet (Tire Feathering, trans grinding, window grease, paints, etc...)
So, my question is.... do you love your car even with all the problems? I am going to pick up 2003 Track Version SS this week and I will appreciate all your comments.

Thank you
Old 09-02-2003, 11:25 AM
My_Tampa_Z

Yep...still love it. Had the window grease problem, and HAVE the tire feathering but all still very much worth it. You will feel the same. It is not uncommon for first year model introductions to have some issues..the Z may have had more than it's share but it is truly an amazing machine, inside and out! Good luck with your new purchase.
Old 09-02-2003, 11:27 AM
stonesfan

Cool

The only problem I've had so far (since Nov 02) is the window grease. Other than that, I've been lucky and I LOVE the car just as much today as the day I picked it up.

Old 09-02-2003, 11:35 AM
350zSpeedRacer

I've only had the window grease, and I absolutely LOVE this car.
Old 09-02-2003, 11:47 AM
zeroday

I LOVE MY FREAKING CAR!!!
hehe aside from the window grease I haven't had a single problem with my Z since I bought it in January. I now consider it to be the best car I've ever owned...and I've had a few that msrp'd much higher than the Z. Every time I get in the car I get a big evil smile on my face.
Old 09-02-2003, 11:50 AM
kbsig106

Wink My Z is like a relationship...

IN all relationship's there are good days and bad. With the Z it's kind of the same set-up. There are days when she can do no wrong and is perfect in every way. Then on other days we get to see the alter ego or the PMS'n Z....

But in the end - I love her......No as much as my wife (brownie points)...

lol
Old 09-02-2003, 12:01 PM
Subbacultcha

Yes. Definitely.
Old 09-02-2003, 12:08 PM
mikesung

Thanks for all your kindness comments....
Can't wait to drive my Z....

Last edited by mikesung; 09-02-2003 at 12:17 PM.
Old 09-02-2003, 01:54 PM
azjimbo

Z=awesome.Just look at it.
Old 09-02-2003, 02:31 PM
teh215

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Like the man said, if its got ***s or wheels, it is going to give you problems. Despite that, I am quite happy with both of them
Old 09-02-2003, 02:37 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yes, very happy.

window grease has sorta become invisible to me at this point. and as the only problem Ive found, Im golden.
Old 09-02-2003, 02:47 PM
erock

Originally posted by 350zSpeedRacer
I've only had the window grease, and I absolutely LOVE this car.
Old 09-02-2003, 04:09 PM
Primaltone

It's not perfect and it has a few compromises, but I love my car.

It may ride a bit rough but its handling is awesome. It's a sports car - not an imitation of one.
It may not have a lot of luggage space, but it's not a grocery getter.
It may not outrun a Vette, but it's not a dragster. It's the best combo of handling and power for the money.
It may not be the lightest sports car in its class, but the shared platform that it rides on allows me to afford it.
All in all, it's the best sports car MY money can buy.

btw: I'm getting my window grease problem fixed tomorrow.

Last edited by Primaltone; 09-02-2003 at 07:15 PM.
Old 09-02-2003, 04:13 PM
iceman58

love it.....
Old 09-02-2003, 07:56 PM
drew703

Default definitely love her...

Although I've only had her for about 2 months, and a little over 3000 miles, I've loved every single one No problems so far (knock on wood!), and no major accidents, and I've loved her more and more! Yes, im still in search of a counsellor for this, but hey I figure its all good right?...

in answer to your question mikesung, get the Z, you will love it, and shall understand it to the fullest

-drew

'03 DB Performance
Old 09-02-2003, 08:01 PM
zackman

Talking

Hell ya love it. I bought a 2003 just a month ago and so far I haven't had any problems with it. I love the looks I get with this car and the the feel of the car. I love the way that the car handles and begs me to drive it hard into corners. I looked at two other cars the vette and S2000. I didnt feel confortable driving the vette hard and S2000 wasnt fun to drive unless you were driving it hard. The ride of the Z is hard just like a sports car is supposed to be.
Old 09-02-2003, 08:32 PM
Beaker02

3 month later..... I give her a 9.
Old 09-02-2003, 09:37 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Ok, negatives:

Yes, I got the grease on the window thing. I have noticed the seat wobble maybe 4 times since January. I got a small rattle in the dash, it is the plastic pc on the driver side right near the window. To put it in perspective, I dont even want to bother to take it in to fix those items because I dont want to lose driving it for one day.

Positives:

Everytime I drive it, it seems a little quicker. I love the way it corners. I look back at it everytime I get out at it. Bottom line, I am still as excited about it now as the day I drove it off the lot over 7 months ago.

I always wanted a car like this and now I got it. I had high expectations of this car as I waited for it on order. The car has exceeded my expectations in the important areas of a sports car. I paid 29K and where else can you get good performance, looks, and dependability for this price and have it rival cars 2 to 3 times its price?

Last edited by zland; 09-02-2003 at 09:40 PM.
Old 09-02-2003, 10:26 PM
fairladyZ in Japan

Love her too much.

Not a day goes by that I don't look at and admire my Z about 20 times... and smile...

Old 09-02-2003, 11:33 PM
Z2k3

Currently there are only 2 things I am unhappy with about my Z:

1. It is no longer perfect stupid knick in the front of the hood from stupid highway rock Yeah it's a small knick and not noticeable unless you really look for it, but it pisses me off just the same

2. I feel like I paid too much for the car, in some ways I wish I had not found this forum because it wasn't until I came here and saw how much some of you all got the car for that I started to get pissed off. I wanted the 350z bad I bought it as if I didn't have any car at all like if I didn't get it that day I would have no way home lol. In fact I had 2 cars already and didn't NEED the car at all which in fact should put me in a better position to haggle than the salesman since he probably NEEDs the sale lol.

Instead I test drove it and just started saying yes to everything after that, I wanted it so bad. I am basically retarded when the salesman said the Z's were in high demand and they weren't selling any for less than 3k over MSRP I should have walked right then and went to another Nissan dealership. But I was blinded by the Z and couldn't see past it, they said 3k and I said OK It makes me angry that I acted so foolish like a child would getting a new toy, after doing so well at haggling on the price of my 01 Cobra I should have known better

Needless to say I am glad I found this forum lots of useful info from you guys on here, but when I see posts about people getting Z's for less than MSRP it makes me want to shoot my salesman and burn down that dealership Not surprisingly I am not happy with the dealership or that particularly salesman. In fact I cannot think of any car salesman I have disliked more at this point lol. I should have went to another Nissan dealership or at least played my cards better.

As for the car itself it drives and handles better than any car I have ever owned, I am happy with it. Oh one other small thing after seeing the roadster a few times sometimes I have regrets that I didn't get the roadster instead even if it would have cost alot more.

Quick Reply: 350Z Drivers...Do you all love your car?