Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

At what point do i take my business to another body shop??...

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 10:08 AM
Pharaohabq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new shop...

So I wouldn't have another shop do the repairs, I might take it to another shop and have them do an estimate/inspection, then take it back and have the dealership fix all that was messed up.

It's much like sueing for mal-practice. (not that I have done this) but you'd need a second professional opinion that things were not done correctly/completely. With that, you'd be able to get more stuff handled and handled correctly. Another shop would be able to use a trained eye to spot things that are wrong on your car. They'd know where to look for cut corners and or any possible fraud. (such as airbags being stuffed with newspaper, don't laugh, it happens though likely not from a dealer)

Too bad you're not in New Mexico, Crown Coachworks, out here, does amazing work... honest as hell and not afraid of any job, if you got the cash they can fix it. Certainly they're not the cheapest tho.

Phar
Old 02-02-2009, 11:01 AM
halfass872

Originally Posted by Pharaohabq

Too bad you're not in New Mexico, Crown Coachworks, out here, does amazing work... honest as hell and not afraid of any job, if you got the cash they can fix it. Certainly they're not the cheapest tho.

Phar
Yeah i should of asked around. I assumed being affiliated with, and at the same location, as the Nissan dealership, that they would be better then a mom and pop place.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:32 AM
coolblue830

At this point, it'd probably just complicate matters bringing it to another shop. There are no guarantees that another shop no matter how experienced, how skilled and detail won't accidently have another mishap. It's the nature of doing what they do, and yours is not the only car there as much as it hurts to admit it.

Is this the place that the insurance told you to go to? Or was this simply the place you chose to go?

ps. Don't know about other places, but dealerships around here are notorious for shitty service, attention to detail and general overall experience. I've had my car dinged and scratched from simple oil changes from them (and I only went there cause they were so close to my work)
Old 02-02-2009, 01:28 PM
halfass872

Originally Posted by coolblue830
At this point, it'd probably just complicate matters bringing it to another shop. There are no guarantees that another shop no matter how experienced, how skilled and detail won't accidently have another mishap. It's the nature of doing what they do, and yours is not the only car there as much as it hurts to admit it.

Is this the place that the insurance told you to go to? Or was this simply the place you chose to go?

ps. Don't know about other places, but dealerships around here are notorious for shitty service, attention to detail and general overall experience. I've had my car dinged and scratched from simple oil changes from them (and I only went there cause they were so close to my work)
I picked this place based on the great experience i've had with the dealer it is affiliated with.

UPDATE.....I just got my car back. The new door panel is rippped too!!! I raised hell, and got them to agree to give me the new one when it comes it and let me replace it on my own. So i am done with them!!

Also called my insurance and filed a complaint, they claim they've taken them off their list of reccomended body shops.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:31 PM
arneltec

Well from your rant, they did the job they were paid for but F'd up things around it. So going to another shop to fix what they F'd up means your paying to fix what they F'd up.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:59 AM
halfass872

Originally Posted by arneltec
Well from your rant, they did the job they were paid for but F'd up things around it. So going to another shop to fix what they F'd up means your paying to fix what they F'd up.

Yeah good point.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:11 PM
gmic350z

Originally Posted by halfass872
Yeah my insurance asked to re-use the old badge. I didn't mind, it wasn't damaged at all and still looked new. But assumed they would use double sided tape liek it origionaly came with.

I droped the car of Saturday for one last time to get everything right. If i go to pick it up today and **** is still messed up, i'll take it to the manager and my insurance. But either way i'm going to report them to my insurance so others won't get screwed too.

The sad thing is my paint match was spot on!!! Even knowing where they repaired, and in different lighting, i couldn't tell. So obviously at some point they spent a lil time doing things right. That was my biggest worry since my Z is now 6 years old and LeMans sunset tends to fade alot.
i wouldnt be so happy about the color matching,any body shop should be able to at least blend adjacent panel to give the illusion that it matches.if they blend and you can notice color difference the shop just staight out sucks..anyways hope it works out.by the way did they replace the metal parts of rocker behind plastic rocker cover or just the plastic?id def get the ineers checked out if they were supposed to change it..
Old 02-03-2009, 03:32 PM
halfass872

Originally Posted by gmic350z
...by the way did they replace the metal parts of rocker behind plastic rocker cover or just the plastic?id def get the ineers checked out if they were supposed to change it..
I'm not sure. The rocker panel was only caught in the crossfire of the pipe i hit cartwheeling under the car. So i think it should be ok. But i'll check since it's relatively easy to remove.