Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

And there went my car....

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 01:43 PM
iris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm glad you're all right. And amazed. You had a passenger? The 7th picture is crazy, I had to save it.
Old 09-04-2003, 02:12 PM
RedComet

no passenger, VDC/TC was on, I wasn't in manual mode. I didn't gun my car, I was going into the turn at about 30. still speeding, I know. I believe there are manyman hole covers on this road. I think that I may have accidentally hit the accelerator when I was reaching for the brake. The roads weren't drenched there was just enough water to make them really slick. It really wasn't as bad as it looks. I don't think that my SLIP light even came on during the whole thing. And to the people trashing on me, we all make mistakes, and I have definitely learned my lesson from this. I don't think my dad will let me keep the Z. He wants me to get a car that is less powerful, 4 doors, and safe. I am also planning to attend a driving school, something I had actually planned on asking for, as a gift for Chanukah. The bumper damage was mostly from the curb.

ares: if there is any way I can get the headlights for you I will, I know the right one was not on the car. But if it isn't beat up too bad I am willing to sell/give them to you.
Old 09-04-2003, 02:46 PM
123NissanZ
Banned

grow up, kid. I dont care about your sob story or the fact that you crashed your car.

Its just one less kid on the road I have to avoid. Do you really expect us to feel sorry for you?

The fact that you are 17 has nothing to do with the reason you crashed your car. It is the fact that you are 17 and not responsbile enough, to drive this car.

It wasnt the Z that made you crash. It was your own lack of maturity.

Stop crying about it and have your daddy buy you a clue.
Old 09-04-2003, 03:01 PM
DavidD

Default Lesson to learn.

This event should have scared the hell out of you!!!
You stated you could have killed someone.
That is real and true.
About 20,000 innocent people die each year in MVAs. Many of these deaths are do to drunk drivers but others are to people being foolish.
Dr Bonz encounters this every week.
Wisdom is acquired with age and experience.
You have just aged and have just experienced.
Intelligence is no substitute for wisdom.
As people, I feel that we are obligated to share our wisdom.
You learn from your mistakes and use them as a positive. And never try to use them as a negative this can lead to stagnation emotionally and creatively.
Now grow and share your wisdom in a way that can make you feel better about yourself and your experience and allow you to grow.
The next car should play second fiddle to the above statement.
My opinion.
Old 09-04-2003, 03:22 PM
RedComet

to 123NissanZ, I didn't ask for your sympathy, I didn't ask for your dumbass opinion and jealousy. I have taken this upon myself. The fact that I am 17 has everything to do with why I crashed, its called inexperience. I am obviously not crying.

to DavidD, I have learned from this a great deal, I asked for suggestions for a next car but this is IF I can get insurance, and IF I get to keep my license. which I think I will both, (I pray)
Old 09-04-2003, 03:59 PM
350zroadster

So you sure the car is totaled? My Celica was in worse shape and was fixable.

Both front tire were mashed in, both radiator and steering fluid was leaking, the hood was bent up.
Old 09-04-2003, 04:26 PM
Reggi914

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RedComet - I am very sorry to hear about your accident. I know that you must feel really bad, but dont sweat it. Your ok (thank G-d) and no one els was hurt or killed (thank G-d). In your WHOLE ENTIRE life, this will not be a big part of it. You should learn from this and NEVER make the same mistake twice.
As for the people who are trashing RedComet, get a life! 123nissanz, you shouldnt post here if all you are going to say is that your happy that he wont be one the road for you to worry about. GET A LIFE!

Once again, i am sorry RedComet, but you will get over it, I promise :-)
Old 09-04-2003, 04:33 PM
MastaKillaZ

I second Reggi914's comments... sorry about the car... but sounds like you're learning from all of this and better to learn from something where everyone walks away.

when I had my first 280, I made a left turn in the rain and didn't realize the car was so front heavy so I lost traction and turned a 540 and ended up facing oncoming traffic... my driving still sucks, but I at least I learned a little bit from the experience.

you definitely have much more maturity than I did at 17, 21 and well, now!!!

way to own up and good luck... pay no mind to the trolls.
Old 09-04-2003, 04:34 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by RedComet
no passenger, VDC/TC was on, I wasn't in manual mode. I didn't gun my car, I was going into the turn at about 30. still speeding, I know. I believe there are manyman hole covers on this road. I think that I may have accidentally hit the accelerator when I was reaching for the brake. The roads weren't drenched there was just enough water to make them really slick. It really wasn't as bad as it looks. I don't think that my SLIP light even came on during the whole thing. And to the people trashing on me, we all make mistakes, and I have definitely learned my lesson from this. I don't think my dad will let me keep the Z. He wants me to get a car that is less powerful, 4 doors, and safe. I am also planning to attend a driving school, something I had actually planned on asking for, as a gift for Chanukah. The bumper damage was mostly from the curb.

ares: if there is any way I can get the headlights for you I will, I know the right one was not on the car. But if it isn't beat up too bad I am willing to sell/give them to you.
On Second thought, (and based on your explanation) it doesn't look THAT bad. The Z is so low theres a good chance most of that bumper damage was done when it hit the curve. The tree just drove the hood back and became a ramp for your car.

F*ck what everyone else says man! Most of these **** folks probably been scorned by their parents all their lives so it just makes them feel better to b*tch at you. It's one thing to be scorned by your folks and those you know...it's another thing to be told by a bunch of nameless ****** sitting behind their computer in the comfort of their own home. At least you had the ***** to whip out something you're not proud of.

A few months ago some middle-age woman in her SUV climbed a curve and killed my neighbor's kid. No one b*tched at her!

Keep your head up and consider yourself lucky.
Old 09-04-2003, 04:55 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Oh come on guys! I have taught high school for over 20 years and I think some of you have forgotten how you use to be. As someone posted (or close to it), wisdom comes from experience, experience comes from making mistakes.

All of us have made mistakes. Look at the guy that is flaming him for owning a Z, he is making a mistake by judging him without knowing him IMHO. If no mistakes were not made, 50% of the people on this earth would not have been borned.

This will not be your last mistake. All of us make mistakes daily, just different ones. My suggestion is if you can, learn from this mistake, try to get your Z fixed or a replacement Z that you appear to love and drive it without making the same mistake again.
Old 09-04-2003, 05:54 PM
raceboy
Banned

Originally posted by ares
I donno if anyone else has found this yet, but I find the Z doesnt take kindly to poor roads. it floats over humps, and jitters in the cracks. makes for a very dangerous and uneven power distrobution.

this would include rain.

if the road isnt perfect, I dont dare put it up to full throttle, with the LSD pushin both wheel I hit little bumps and one tire starts pushing harder than the other. gets squirelly real quick.

I donno how flat the road was, but if there was any manholes, cracks or anything, theres a good chance that was enough to throw the car out of balance on you.

and TCS/VDC is great, but sometimes, break whatever you want, a car will still follow the laws of physics. since he didnt do a 360 from what I read, the car was never truely out of control, I think the driver just wasnt in control; thatd be inexperience, but I dont see how now is the time to bash him on it. he fessed up to his crime and when your 17 if you didnt do something like this you didnt experience alot.

I did it a few months ago for those that remember, I was 19 at the time tho atleast, taken some racing classes, I had raced, driven for 4 years. sometimes testosterone gets the best of you.
Sorry, but that is just totally WRONG!! I like you ARES, but I know this is going to sound like a flame no matter what, but I remember your accident too, and you and redcomet both try to do the same thing. Blame the car or the conditions and NOT YOURSELVES! You cannot rationalize or minimize this if you are truly to learn anything from it. To me it just looks like the kid wants to say what everyone wants to hear, but you see on closer inspection, he really does not believe he is at fault.

The Z is simply one of the most planted cars I have ever driven. It's tendency to understeer borders on the simply ridiculous. I have raced and driven all manner of cars and the Z is pretty much the only one that I would call "almost idiot proof." You have to be doing something totally beyond stupid for something like this to actually happen. 30mph??? BVLLSH1T!!!!

If you were my son, your next car would be the freakin bus!! I can't believe that parents don't know enough about their own children to judge their maturity levels. It's pretty sad. You were almost another Darwin Award Winner. Yeah, you could have killed someone, so stop blaming it on freakin manhole covers, you got no one to blame but the guy staring back at you in the mirror!!
Old 09-04-2003, 06:33 PM
RedComet

it was my fault, I know that, I could have stopped it from happening, I would have not lost control if the road was not wet, Today I looked at the pictures of my skidmarks and what was at the very beginning of the skidmarks? a manhole cover.
Old 09-04-2003, 06:35 PM
RedComet

btw I am going to attend the Audi 2 day teen training course. I think that will help insure that this will not happen again.
Old 09-04-2003, 06:52 PM
raceboy
Banned

Originally posted by RedComet
I would have not lost control if the road was not wet, Today I looked at the pictures of my skidmarks and what was at the very beginning of the skidmarks? a manhole cover.
Thanks for proving my point exactly.
Old 09-04-2003, 08:28 PM
myinfinitig20

i feel for you kid..i've done stupid mistakes before and i know how it is to lose control. You ****ed up purely because of your age..dont listen to anyone of these board members. Get a rwd car..your bound to get a sports car down the line might as well practice. Try to convice your dad to keep the z...you are alright after all so it is a safe car.
pz out
nick
Old 09-04-2003, 08:31 PM
myinfinitig20

im 19 by the way
Old 09-04-2003, 08:37 PM
ZRated03

Raceboy hit the nail on the head. I initially felt alittle sorry for you, but the more you speak.. the digger you deep. Somebody brought up the Z bring alittle uneasy on rough surfaces.. and now all of a sudden you blame the manhole covers. 'If the roads were not wet..' is an excuse. AKA.. not owning up to anything. You mean to tell me.. w/ TCS on.. @ 30MPH.. you managed to crash your Z? w/out losing traction?! Sounds alittle fishy to me. So basically your saying.. you drove into the tree on your own. It takes some effort to f*** up driving this car.. especially to get it to understeer to the point of driving you off the road.. up a curb.. and into a tree. This is NOT a FWD Civic. I dunno.. this thread grows old anyway.. if it wasn't 12:30am and I wasn't so bored I wouldn't have posted.. LoL Later Guys.

- Joe
Old 09-04-2003, 08:39 PM
ZRated03

LoL, What I meant to say was.. the deeper you dig. As in.. the preverbial hole he's digging for himself by trying to play for the crowd. Like I said.. its 12:30am.. lol

- Joe
Old 09-04-2003, 09:33 PM
turtles

Originally posted by zland
If no mistakes were not made, 50% of the people on this earth would not have been borned.

That would be a good thing.
Old 09-04-2003, 09:39 PM
seanrulz

Well... too bad you had such an accident. As other 100 people said, at least you are okay and didn't hurt anyone!

But I have one question... If you were going on 30mph, and VDC didn't even engaged, I've no idea how you could lose the control of the car even though there was a manhole. And judging from your picture, I don't think a car at 30mph speed could make that kind of scene. Also, if your car's rear swing out that much, VDC had too be engaged. at 30mph with VDC, with slight countersteer could fix that slip. Maybe you want to find out why VDC hasn't been engaged. If there is a machinical problem, you could claim that NNA is also partially reponsible in this matter.

Z is a absolutely a hell thing to drive on wet pavement especially if you have stock Bridge RE040 tires. 7/10 times when I make right or left turns on wet pavement, rear slips out and VDC is on even though I barely hit on gas while I'm turning. But even though it's wet and I push the gas pretty hard sometimes, it's fairly easy to fix with slight steering adjustment when VDC is on. I wasn't at the scene, so all I claim here is a pure assumption.

Anyway, glad that no one was hurt, and try to keep your car if it's fixable and insurance company does not kick you out of the policy. (I know it won't be likely to happen )

Next time, no matter what car you are driving, no matter how sticky tire you have, always pay close attention on the road surface and do not push your car if anything is not ideal.

Last edited by seanrulz; 09-04-2003 at 09:48 PM.

Quick Reply: And there went my car....