Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Beware of newbie1016

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 04:40 PM
macspeed704

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beware of newbie1016

I talked to this guy several times before buying and he answered my emails everyday, but once i paid for the HKS TWIN DLI IGNITION he stop answering my emails. The last time he answered was to tell me he was out of town but his son sent it and he would have a tracking number for me monday, which he didnt give me. The funny thing was all the while he said he was out of town he was using my350z webcite. He was asking some guy about a carbon fiber hood and trunk. He is still trying to sale some jic coilovers for a 1000.00. He ripped me of for 290.00. But I used paypal and filed a claim with them so it is cool they will refund it to me and make him pay them or they will report him to a collection agency...and so on on...and if he still wont pay they take you court and that 290.00 becomes 1500.00. anyways I was just trying to give the community the heads up:

here are copies of the emails B & I is his words.

1/30/2009

Originally Posted by newbie1016

hi, I have a hks twin power for sale as well... 300shipped plus paypal... looking at 320shipped. let me know ... my paypal is solin1016@yahoo.com

do you have the plug and play hareness if so ill give you 275 shipped It comes with the harness as well..... the lowest I can go is 300shipped and I'll deal with the paypal fee

1/31/2009

Hey I will let you have it for 290shipped ... let me know by monday. thanks!

2/2/2009

290..is cool...send me a paypal invoice to macspeed704@hotmail.com.......Can you send me the money directly thru paypal because I cannot create a invoice for this transcation for some reason. If you can send the money by tomorrow afternoon I can send out the item on the same day. thanks@!

2/3/2009

what is your paypal address?.......solin1016@yahoo.com

2/4/2009

money sent!!!just wondering how and when you are gonig to send it out...tracking number please.

the harness that comes with the twin cdi is it a plug - n-play harness or am i going to have to it it profressionally spliced in my factory harness?............thz for the payment
i'm getting your item ship by today

His last email was last saturday stating his son sent it out for him and he would give me a tracking number monday morning.

so you are warned and beware!

Last edited by macspeed704; 02-10-2009 at 05:21 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:45 PM
HDPDZO6

Does it really surprise you that you may have gotten scammed by a user that joined this site 2 months ago and has a 0 trader rating?
Old 02-10-2009, 04:49 PM
macspeed704

Default oh

even you had "0" trades at one point of time and everybody deserves a chance. look at me i have "0" but i have bought and sound several things on this cite. I was just giving dude a shot!
Old 02-10-2009, 04:51 PM
HDPDZO6

Originally Posted by macspeed704
even you had "0" trades at one point of time and everybody deserves a chance. look at me i have "0" but i have bought and sound several things on this cite. I was just giving dude a shot!
I will always have 0 trades on this site, because I choose not to conduct business deals here. Especially with how things have going with this site lately.

Hope you get your money back or product delivered.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:54 PM
macspeed704

what do you mine how things are going on this cite?
Old 02-10-2009, 05:16 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I would suggest that you remove your personal info from your first post.

Also, as stated, its not a good idea to buy things from new members with
little to no site activity and no one to vouch for them.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:24 PM
macspeed704

thanks for the advice, bu who do you contact to vouch for them? and whose to say the voucher is not the same person or there budy...it is just a chance people take...i took. I think i am just going to stick with ebay and come here for " car info"
Old 02-10-2009, 05:29 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah, be wary of who you buy from.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:29 PM
06blueZ

It's only been 6 days! do you have no patience? when people sell things on the side on forums, it usually isnt their highest priority.

These threads are getting pretty old, especially the ones that are very premature like this one... once a month has passed and still no item or word from the seller then make a post like this.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:34 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 06blueZ
It's only been 6 days! do you have no patience? when people sell things on the side on forums, it usually isnt their highest priority.

These threads are getting pretty old, especially the ones that are very premature like this one... once a month has passed and still no item or word from the seller then make a post like this.
When you sell something and deal with money, it should be put on high priority.

Wanna buy my DNX7120 for $200 shipped? I'll ship it by 2010, I promise.

It's common f*cking sense. If you sell sh*t, finish the transaction promptly... don't put it off until you feel like it...

F*cking asshats.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:36 PM
macspeed704

my thing is ...if you tell me you are going to do something "do it"...if you tell me on monday you are going send my stuff out to me monday do it...something came up tuesday is cool...you talked to me everyday leading up to the transaction...and all of a sudden i dont hear from you again...duh sounds kinda of funny dont you think. You should be selling stuf if you dont have time time send it out. This stuff was suppose to 2/3 day priority...It cool I havent received the item yet but a tracking number....something would cool!
Old 02-10-2009, 05:37 PM
macspeed704

Originally Posted by Spork
When you sell something and deal with money, it should be put on high priority.

Wanna buy my DNX7120 for $200 shipped? I'll ship it by 2010, I promise.

It's common f*cking sense. If you sell sh*t, finish the transaction promptly... don't put it off until you feel like it...

F*cking asshats.
I could not I said it better...thanks for seeing it my way
Old 02-10-2009, 06:03 PM
foreveryoung

Anyone who buys something sight unseen from a perfect stranger on the other side of the country/world and basicly pays cash up front on this strangers word shouldn't be asking why he got ripped off.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:04 PM
SoldzMyZ

Hope you put the paypal transaction on credit card funds. Paypal is ****ing worthless. They didn't reimburse me for 1500 in a ebay fraud, and thankfully, my credit card company backed me up. Lesson learned, don't but from ebay or use paypal.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:17 PM
Escobar

Received 154 Likes on 128 Posts

thanks for the heads up.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:23 AM
macspeed704

i do pretty well with..lately i have been winning my claims...part of user agreement..."never received item"
Old 02-11-2009, 05:50 AM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Spork pretty much nailed it - and there are so many threads on this site concerning rip-offs and shady deals that they are hard to miss. As far as who can vouch for them, you might try starting a post when you are considering buying something from a private seller to see if anyone knows them or anything about them. If not, then it is no different than responding to a junk e-mail - the seller is totally anonymous. Being a member on this site or any other is no validation - if you were going to rip someone off on 350 parts, where else would you advertise than a 350 forum? Most people here are fairly anonymous - they don't all use their club logo for an avatar, ya know, and many have never met another member in person. And agreed with others that you might want to show a bit more patience - yes, the seller should ship the day he takes your money, but shiite happens and it might not be the highest priority thing he has going on right now. Just my $.02 - I'm getting sick of seeing these threads.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:55 AM
CarbonZ08

I agree with the OP. When it comes to money and merchandise you are supposed to send it asap if you are the seller. Now ebay has a new rule, whenever you buy or sell, paypal doesnt release the payment until the buyer has either recievied the item, or posted a positive feedback about the transaction, OR the seller uploads to ebay the tracking number issued by any of the carriers(i.e. UPS, FEDEX, USPS).
We should come up with something to work with Paypal and see if we can get the same policy when buying or selling here just to protect everyone.
On the other hand, if you use paypal, yes, use a credit card!
Old 02-11-2009, 07:57 AM
JEKL

Ok so it looks like the consensus is that you should only buy from people who are not new to the site, have some some sort of trader eating and maybe get someone to vouch for them. All sounds like good advice. So how would that have helped all those that got scammed by the black pearl z? He had been around forever, had a high trader rating and could have found many people to say that he was a "stand up guy".

Also, two people came forward after the OP from the black pearl z thread saying they got ripped off recently as well. I remember a few replied that they should have said something sooner and maybe more people wouldn't have gotten scammed as well.

This new OP just stayed that we should beware. He hasn't received a tracking number and has not communicated since he received the funds. I think that he has a damn good reason to tell others to beware. I sell a ton of stuff on eBay and it is my main priority to get the person their merchandise once I get the funds. Maybe the OP and I have too high expectations from sellers from people we give our money to.

OP I think you did the right thing and did it the correct way by just stating your case and that others should be cautious. I agree we don't need a lot of premature posts about scammers, but you have to consider the safety of the people who have lived up to their end of the deal by sending the money.

So do we really need any more people posting "you got what you deserve"?
Old 02-11-2009, 09:44 AM
youngh

Originally Posted by jekl1000
Ok so it looks like the consensus is that you should only buy from people who are not new to the site, have some some sort of trader eating and maybe get someone to vouch for them. All sounds like good advice. So how would that have helped all those that got scammed by the black pearl z? He had been around forever, had a high trader rating and could have found many people to say that he was a "stand up guy".

Also, two people came forward after the OP from the black pearl z thread saying they got ripped off recently as well. I remember a few replied that they should have said something sooner and maybe more people wouldn't have gotten scammed as well.

This new OP just stayed that we should beware. He hasn't received a tracking number and has not communicated since he received the funds. I think that he has a damn good reason to tell others to beware. I sell a ton of stuff on eBay and it is my main priority to get the person their merchandise once I get the funds. Maybe the OP and I have too high expectations from sellers from people we give our money to.

OP I think you did the right thing and did it the correct way by just stating your case and that others should be cautious. I agree we don't need a lot of premature posts about scammers, but you have to consider the safety of the people who have lived up to their end of the deal by sending the money.

So do we really need any more people posting "you got what you deserve"?
Well to be honest, some people just wait a long time to do these kind of scams. Why? Since its worth the wait, if you do it correctly. Not trying to sound like a nerd or anything, but when I used to play online computer games like Diablo 2 and WoW, I would have friends for a very very long time, and once in a while these friends backstab you by taking a HUGE amount from you. Since you have trust in them, you just give the item/gold or whatever to them anyway because you've known them for so long. And what happens next? They put you on ignore or never talk to you again.

Quick Reply: Beware of newbie1016