Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Worst Accident You been in?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 10:47 AM
tobydog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Worst Accident You been in?

Hi everyone. I jusr finished reading Redcomet's story about his accident and how everyone sympathies with him. I want to know what was your worst accident? What age were you? Type of car?

For myself I was 18 myself (22 years ago) my first car, a Truimph TR7. I ran into a Motorbike at an intesection (no Stop signs or lights). We both did not slow down and he ended up with a broken leg and myself shock . I learned alot from that accident 22 years ago. Safe to say I never, ever...had another injury accident again..knock on wood.

And a couple days ago I was rear ended by a Truck..oh well che sara sara.
Old 09-05-2003, 11:13 AM
350zroadster

I was driving a Saturn along PA, had oil changed that afternoon and the guy told me the tires were starting to bald, not a problem since I was going to get my tires changed that weekend at Costco in VA. Anyways got off PA turn pike and was about to leave PA when rain started to pour heavily. I was going at 60 in 55 zone and the road was going a slight right turn when my car slipped badly. It rammed into left concrete wall, my head whacked against the window, and I lost consciousness. The police report then continues that my car then bounced back and ran through right guard rail, went down a slope and did a 180. As it was moving backwards, it went over a bed of rocks which tore off the front and rear axels and 3 out of 4 wheels.

I had a mild concussion which resulted in temporary amnesia for 6 hrs and was in bed rest for 2 days.
Old 09-05-2003, 11:16 AM
jesseenglish

My worst would have to have been in Wiesbaden, Germany.

It was about 6 years ago, so that would have made me around 23.

Driving to work in early January. I had a beater BMW 316, anyways, black ice on the road and I'm number 3 in a 9 car accident. When I saw the chain reaction start I tried to steer off into the guardrail, but the car just kept going straight. I ran smack dab into the back of a brand new Benz. The guy had just got it the week before.

Come to find out it was a guy in a Jeep that started the accident and he fled the scene. It was probably another American military member who thought his 4 wheel drive truck had 4 wheel stop also. Some of the worst drivers when I was stationed there were Americans.

No serious injuries though, but most of the cars were totalled.
Old 09-05-2003, 11:16 AM
del105
15 f125

When I was 16 I borrowed my mothers 85 dodge caravan to go surfing. We pulled into RC's to check the waves, it was about 7am and the sun was just coming up. We decided to drive across the street and enjoy a delicious Egg MCMuffin before heading out. So I pull the van out onto A1A and into the center median and sat there waiting for a clearing. Along comes a grandma doing i'd say about 70 mph and plows into the side of my stationary minivan richoceting and T-boning a telephone pole that falls onto the McDonalds building causing severe damage and giant explosions as the power transformers hit the ground.

My passenger and I were unhurt. The lady had a concussion or something. We ended up paddling out 3 hours later and my dad had to come pick us up.

When they were towing the minivan my waterpipe rolled out from undernearth the front seat and was just laying there out in

Even though I was not at fault I believe when you mix the extremely young with the extremely old bad things will happen.
Old 09-05-2003, 11:31 AM
Montez

In 1990 in my 87 Maxima (full of gadgets) this guy T-boned me, he was drunk and ran a red light. He hit me I spun around, the car cut off and I was dazed,luckily no one was on the passenger side! He tried to run some guys on the sreet caught him and he claimed he didnt speak English, but I speak Spanish! I was so upset but glad I wasnt badly hurt just a few bruises and a headache, my poor car was totalled 11,000 in damage.
Old 09-05-2003, 11:33 AM
350zroadster

Originally posted by del105

Even though I was not at fault I believe when you mix the extremely young with the extremely old bad things will happen.
you're right about that
Attached Thumbnails Worst Accident You been in?-ans.jpg  
Old 09-05-2003, 12:40 PM
Alang

Back in the '80s I was delivering pizzas in my '65 bug when a VW shiracco (sp? two door sproty car) ran a red light. I was only going about 10 mph, but the impact spun my car completly around. I hit my head on the very solid door frame and wound up in the hospital for a few days with a major concussion. I had a dent behind the driver's door, and continued to drive the car for another year with no problems. His car's front end was totally bent up and he had to be towed away. Those old bugs were tanks.
Old 09-05-2003, 03:47 PM
Zlips

I was 16 years old and my friends parents were driving us across aligator alley and an old man was driving the wrong way and hit us head on...the car flipped a few times and caught fire...bad stuff but i haven't been in any acidents i was responsible for.
Old 09-05-2003, 04:16 PM
G*Rated{350z}

when i was about 18 years of age. I crashed my brand new S4..Yeah that sucked. I was going home taking the back streets which are very skinny and twisty roads, when out of nowhere a guy in a wrx comes drifting around a turn. I try to move out of the way but he had drifted too much into my lane..!!!!! That dumb ***,,,,he clips the rear left side of my car and my back end goes flying of the road,so i try to counter steer, OOOps too late i skid of the road and rap my brand new car around a tree. So the wrx runs away. I call the cops thinking theyll never find this guy, but guess what, the wrx hit me with his rear which caused him to drop his rear plates......hahaha and thats how i got my Z, Oh and if your the guy who hit me,,,oh wait never mind hes in jail...
Old 09-06-2003, 07:23 AM
cincyspider

That sucks you got hit...but it's almost worth it when you find the ********'s plate there at the scene! LOL. I would have loved to have seen his face when the nice officer knocked on his door with plate in hand. That SOB shoulda been dragged out into the street and shot...save the taxpayers some money.

My worst was when I was going downhill on a 4lane in curves...I see this idiot waiting up a ways on my right to come out and turn left. Now why is it, they sit and sit and then only come out when you're right on top of them??? She does...and then STOPS in my (left) lane. Traffic to right of me...traffic coming other way...I slam on my brakes, veer right at last sec and hit her rear qtr, my car does couple 360's and skids into high hedges off right side of road. I was so pissed. Nothing but her sheer stupidity. Think this was in my 85 Z.
Old 09-06-2003, 08:06 AM
BILL T
Charter Member #61

I've been in 2 biggies - Honda 750/tractor trailer ran me into a bridge. Messed my face up, lots of skin gone but nothing major.

2 years ago was flying a "trike" which is hang glider with a motor
and ground looped. Broken ribs,back, right arm, right leg.