Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Question on ordering a Z? HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2003, 04:01 PM
DO Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Question on ordering a Z? HELP!!!

I am currently waiting on my Z to arrive. A '04 PPW track. I still have 60 days or so. However I went to another dealer just to look around and after explaining to him that I have ordered my Z already and I was just looking around I started talking with him a little about the Z.

He said that Nissan dealers do not actually order the cars from the factory, but what they really do is take your order to secure the sale and get the customer out of the market from buying from another dealer. Then they wait on the model you have placed the order for to come in. When one does come in then they let you know it has arrived. They estimate 90 days however, it could be less or it could be more. He even said sometimes they do not ever come in.

Is there any truth to this? Or is he just trying to change my mind and maybe buy a car from him?

I have placed an order and I am under the impression the dealer has placed the order with Nissan to build the specific car I requested. I hope this is the case. I have received the order number from the dealer and I am just waiting. However I hope I am not being mislead.

Any information will be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-06-2003, 06:31 PM
zwindsor
Twisty addict

I think he was just trying to get you to buy something from him off the lot maybe. The dealer you placed your order might have an order number from NNA by now. Bug them about giving you proof of NNA's order acceptance. Don't tell them what the other dealer told you. Show a little faith for another 30 days.
Old 09-06-2003, 07:03 PM
promike

See my posts in the "2004 Screw ups" thread and learn the truth!
Old 09-06-2003, 07:17 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Truth" & "car dealer" is an oxymoron. In this case we don't know who is telling the truth; based on probability I'd say neithor.

If you don't want to wait check out the Nissan website & see what dealers in your area have the car you want. keep checking back because inventory changes. Then contact the dealer & see what kind of deal you can cut.

I'm assuming you do not have a non-refundable deposit at the dealer you ordered from.