Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 11:12 PM
SniperHunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 14

How often do you guys hear compliments about your Z? 14 is the number of compliments I got on my car over the past 4 days, alone. I hate to come off sounding vein, but I just find it very flattering when people of all age groups compliment the Z. I have to say, one that happened mid-day today was especially funny - it was a kid in his dad's M6 convertible. He asked his old man what kind of car it was and just kept staring at it and said "that looks so awesome."

The funniest one was on Thursday, an old lady at the gas station was asking me all sorts of questions about the car and how expensive it looks, to which I told her it's really not expensive at all. She then tells me that I should meet her granddaughter, that she thinks I'd be good to her. Wtf? To be honest, I was hopin' granny would give me her number so that I can pimp around with her in her Jaguar XF Supercharged. :P

Anyways, share some stories.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:15 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't think anything of them, so I don't keep track of compliments.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:48 PM
BrokenVow

The last compliment I got was from a woman who used to park next to me in the garage at my old apartment. She thought it must have been super expensive, etc. She had a brand new Kia Sorento which was probably about much more "expensive" than what I paid.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:38 AM
_STEVEO_01

You popped granny's bag o' cow tongues didn't you...
Old 04-06-2009, 01:34 AM
dyss

ever since some redneck ,that stopped and stood next to me while i was reading a text message said, "nao dat ri 'ders a naice riide" i stopped caring.

Note: my Location says Cali... but im stationed in Texas... gay
Old 04-06-2009, 01:42 AM
R350Zz33

people ask me all the time what it is who makes them ect they still have no clue. when kids ask me i tell them its a Porsche (they should have watched tokyo drift) best part is they believe me even looking right at a nissan emblem
Old 04-06-2009, 05:44 AM
Brrcats

I got a few looks this weekend. One was from a car with three kids pointing frantically for thier father to look at my car. One of the ones in the backseat was actually pawing at the glass like a dog who wanted to go outside.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:02 AM
frbica

i always get great compliments on it... mostly when the weather is nice... but this past weekend i got one that kind of pissed me off...
three kids in a pos cobalt pass me on the highway and the one in the back seat gave me a thumbs down... i flew up on their back bumper, went over a lane and gave them an upside down middle finger, and took off... i guess they never saw a man's car take off cause their jaws dropped...
i guess with any car you will have people that say nice and some that talk crap (haters)...
it is funny with the granny's saying nice car... lol... but never got offered a granddaughter, YET... lol
Old 04-06-2009, 06:37 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

12 year olds girls get all giggly.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:54 AM
Flick Montana

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Eh, every once in a while I'll get a compliment. I was out revving my engine when I was cleaning the throttle body and my neighbor asked me if it came with a drag chute. It's not THAT fast...

Sometimes my car turns heads when I'm out driving with the top down, but I think that's mostly because I have the orange seats and people are just looking twice. The Z is not all that uncommon anymore so I think people are over the wow factor.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:58 AM
JEKL

Actually my '82 280ZX gets more compliments. Probably because you don't see many still on the road anymore and mine is still in great shape. My 350Z is a lot more common and driven by a lot of common people too. So I guess people are desensitized to it.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:10 AM
tanabe350z

Originally Posted by BrokenVow
The last compliment I got was from a woman who used to park next to me in the garage at my old apartment. She thought it must have been super expensive, etc. She had a brand new Kia Sorento which was probably about much more "expensive" than what I paid.
lool my mom drives one and i mist say it it really nice on the inside
Old 04-06-2009, 08:23 AM
xsupan0va

Yeah Kia is a good DD
Old 04-06-2009, 08:30 AM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I still get a fair number of compliments but I too, pretty much shrug them off. It's just a car and I've had it for 6 years now. On the other hand, my buddy's GT-R gets those kids hanging out the window snapping pics with their cell phone cameras. Actually kind of hilarious.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:35 AM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dyss
ever since some redneck ,that stopped and stood next to me while i was reading a text message said, "nao dat ri 'ders a naice riide" i stopped caring.

Note: my Location says Cali... but im stationed in Texas... gay
Did he then proceed to spit some dip by your rim?

One comment stood out in particular recently.

*guy walks up while i'm filling up the car and stares...for a minute*

"I hate 350z's..."

*wtf are you serious right now?*

"...but I think you've changed my mind. You did this one right. I love it."

So we ended up talking cars for a 5-10 min. I guess after five years, the Z still has more persuasion power to convert than a couple of mormons on mountain bikes.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:07 PM
Chief2884

Id say I get the most looks while filling up, at first it was cool having people stop and talk about what kind of car that is, but it can get annoying and sometime hard to be nice if I have somewhere to be. Well I guess it is kind of fun when people stop and point tho
Old 04-06-2009, 12:33 PM
NISMO_558

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I rarely get compliments, only questions like "how much did it cost" or "how do you like it?" and "is that the factory exhaust?"
Old 04-06-2009, 02:58 PM
Chad68

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by R350Zz33
people ask me all the time what it is who makes them ect they still have no clue. when kids ask me i tell them its a Porsche (they should have watched tokyo drift) best part is they believe me even looking right at a nissan emblem

LOL. about 18 years ago I had a black '77 Porsche 924 (stock) and some lady at the gas staion who was probablly in her late 30's thought it was a camero. WTF???
Old 04-06-2009, 03:03 PM
Chad68

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by frbica
i always get great compliments on it... mostly when the weather is nice... but this past weekend i got one that kind of pissed me off...
three kids in a pos cobalt pass me on the highway and the one in the back seat gave me a thumbs down... i flew up on their back bumper, went over a lane and gave them an upside down middle finger, and took off... i guess they never saw a man's car take off cause their jaws dropped...
i guess with any car you will have people that say nice and some that talk crap (haters)...
it is funny with the granny's saying nice car... lol... but never got offered a granddaughter, YET... lol

The haters actually like the car too, they just say they hate it or talk crap out of envy because they drive junk.

Envy (also called invidiousness) may be defined as an emotion that "occurs when a person lacks another’s [perceived] superior quality, achievement, or possession and either desires it or wishes that the other lacked it."[1] It can also derive from a sense of low self-esteem that results from an upward social comparison threatening a person's self image: another person has something that the envier considers to be important to have. If the other person is perceived to be similar to the envier, the aroused envy will be particularly intense, because it signals to the envier that it just as well could have been him or her who had the desired object

Last edited by Chad68; 04-06-2009 at 03:06 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:52 PM
SniperHunter

Originally Posted by Spork
I don't think anything of them, so I don't keep track of compliments.
I don't either. It's actually the first time I've ever. I just figured I might as well count since on that Thursday, after receiving 3 compliments within a few hours, I decided to just count for the hell of it. Hahaha.