Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

What do you hate most about your 350z?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 07:10 AM
ShOrTBu2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Worrying about it after parking anywhere...
Old 12-13-2010, 03:16 PM
DK 350z DK

Originally Posted by ShOrTBu2
Worrying about it after parking anywhere...
+10... especially where I live.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:22 PM
Risky_Business
Quadrant 987c

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Drunks...

Originally Posted by dk 350z dk
+10... Especially where i live.
?

- rb.

Last edited by Risky_Business; 12-13-2010 at 04:27 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:24 PM
DK 350z DK

Paint and Transmission/Clutch
Old 12-13-2010, 08:10 PM
Skv012a

Worthwhile upgrades costing an arm and a leg, but it could be worse with a beamer/porsche/etc.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:52 PM
da_cheif

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I hate waiting out the winter here in michigan. So i use the rogue which is really fabulous in the white chit......i hate waiting till april to bring my black 03 touring out....a few problems ive had .....im on my 3rd clutch.....the stock one went out at 10k and the dealer wunt do chit for me......so im on my 2nd jwt....the first one went cuz i was teaching my grandson how to drive a schtick .....didnt know he was riding the pedal till i smelled smoke.....by then it was to late....lol.....one window motor went....dealer took care of it.......as for paint chips....yes lots of those but i blame it on the aerodynmics of the car and the few unavoidable trucks i got behind.......rear hatch falling on my head wasnt fun.......i keep adding little things to the 03 that makes it even more fun to drive .front and rear eyebrows......theres a company wat makes tailight eyebrows that leaves a slit of light that looks awesome....a minor rattle in the dash at the windshield in cold weather.. synchros suck so i polished and filed all the teeth....now it shifts like an auto matic.....i went to g37 black powder coated 19.s.......i love the the looks i get.....black window tint.......i drive really slow on m59 in macomb county....its a parade at 6pm....my very first car was a 51 ford....it was huge.... i could get 8 in the front seat........snort.....lessee.....no tire feathering.....no window grease......keep the black looking great with WIZARDS SHINE MASTER.....nothing better imo......got 187k on the odometer.....only changed the oil once........................................................ .lol just kidding......added borla.......i think the 370 is a much better car.....2 problems with it.......at 6ft i cant bend far enuff to get into it......and the front end looks very ugly.........2 body kits look fantastic on the 370.....the amuse kit and the zele kit with quad exhausts.....if i buy the 370......the zele kit gets my vote....whatever i do...ill keep the 350.......i really think its a collectors item.......a classic that will be hard to improve upon in the looks department for years to come......somethink like the 50.s lincoln mark III........thanks for listening.......oh btw...03 was first car i ever owned that got me out of a ticket.....the cop loved the car........onward

Last edited by da_cheif; 12-14-2010 at 06:55 PM.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:53 PM
miLes.

Damn that's a long post! I stopped reading at "black touring" lol

Anyways, I drift my Z and I just don't like the stock steering angle >< had none compared to my old 14. The power difference makes up for it tho
Old 12-17-2010, 03:28 PM
Skv012a

Originally Posted by miLes.
Damn that's a long post! I stopped reading at "black touring" lol

Anyways, I drift my Z and I just don't like the stock steering angle >< had none compared to my old 14. The power difference makes up for it tho
I know, right? Nothing coils and tie rods can't fix, but then you don't have to **** with the engine to get enough HP to slide it.
Old 12-19-2010, 08:05 PM
miLes.

Originally Posted by Skv012a
I know, right? Nothing coils and tie rods can't fix, but then you don't have to **** with the engine to get enough HP to slide it.
tru that, which is a big plus. I feel as if the motor is at the point where it just comes down to weight reduction (for now ). As for the coils, the company that i want coils from just developed a set for the Z. Now im just waiting for them to design and develop the steering knuckles and links for it. Supposedly, they are doing the whole suspension on a Z that will be competing in Formula D next season.
Old 12-19-2010, 08:22 PM
gs400speed23

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

what i hate most about my z is the attention it gets from the wrong crowd.. getting reved by freakin kids in civic hatchbacks and integras....
Old 12-20-2010, 12:59 AM
GHOST1207

Originally Posted by Linuxglobal
thats a safety feature so you dont leave your car unlocked by accident

Ie press unlock and go inside to grab something and come out hrs later to find your car gone.
Funny story, I didn't realize the Z does that until I was on break at work and went in to grab a smoke from the car and went back to work, tried getting in couple hours later on lunch and it was locked with the keys inside lol. Guess I forgot the keys in there while getting smokes.
Old 12-24-2010, 04:46 AM
zalab

how easily the paint chips and interior plastics scratch.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:54 PM
redzblackh

the gears in my HR just feel Sooo loooong!
Old 01-11-2011, 04:49 AM
Flick Montana

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by da_cheif
I hate waiting out the winter here in Michigan, so I use the Rogue which is really fabulous in the snow. I hate waiting until April to bring my black 03 touring out.

Here is a list of problems I have experienced:

I'm on my 3rd clutch (the stock one went out at 10k and the dealer wouldn't help me. I'm on my 2nd jwt (the first one went because I was teaching my grandson how to drive a manual, but I didn't know he was riding the pedal until I smelled smoke and by then it was to late. One window motor went out, but the dealer took care of it. As for paint chips, yes, lots of those. However. I blame it on the aerodynamics of the car and the few unavoidable trucks I got behind. The rear hatch falling on my head wasn't fun. I had a minor rattle in the dash at the windshield in cold weather. The synchros got stuck so I polished and filed all the teeth and now it shifts like an automatic.

I went to G37 black powder coated 19's. I love the the looks i get from the combination of the wheels and dark window tint. I drive really slow on m59 in Macomb County because the traffic slower than a parade at 6pm.

I keep the black exterior finish looking great with Wizard's Shine Master. There is nothing better, if you ask me. The car has 187k on the odometer, but I only changed the oil once (I'm jesting, of course). I added a Borla exhaust as well.

While I think the 370Z is a much better car, it has two big problems: I am 6' tall and have to crouch to get in and the front end is ugly I think the Amuse or Zele body kits look great with quad exhausts. If I do buy the 370Z, the Zele kit gets my vote

However, I will always keep the 350Z. I honestly think it is a collector's item, a real classic that will be hard to improve upon. Plus, it is the first car I ever owned that got me out of a ticket. Cop said he loved it.

My very first car was a 51 Ford and it was huge. I could get eight in the front seat. It had no tire feathering issues and required no window grease.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.
Please consider utilizing your tax-payer-funded education.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:33 AM
Crawling_Drunk

I hate how expensive it is to go boosted... and I also hate how low it is and won't clear nearly any speed bump (but I guess that's my own fault).

I also don't like how it eats through tires... >.< 18x10s are not cheap!
Old 01-11-2011, 03:28 PM
stevek247

Do I want to really buy a 350z now........hmm
Old 01-11-2011, 05:27 PM
TTwinTTurbo

That the TPMS sensors batteries usually fail after 5-7 years. Very frustrating and expensive to fix

Also third gear synchro issue on 03's. Which is VERY expensive to fix.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:50 PM
MaelstrØm

How did you fix the 3rd gear synchro problem aside from just replacing the tranny?

BTW, I have to agree with the paint issue. I am seriously tempted to have additional high quality clearcoat blown on.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:31 PM
johnnyp

i hate how the girl im talking to would always want to bring her friend along, so they both squeeze in the passenger. i had 4 people in my car at once at one point because they had no ride at all. 2 in the passneger and one in the trunk -.-

and it starts to drizzle a litte and my window is down, water from the driver window drips onto my face.

and the mean blindspots in the back corners.

but i love my z too much. almost sold it to a guy for a price i wanted but i knew i would regret it so i flaked out on him. sorry.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:18 AM
dhwang80

Owners like woRthy (Turbonetics Single Turbo Thread)

Quick Reply: What do you hate most about your 350z?