Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

I bought my Z NEW with 200 miles from the dealer, should I be worried?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 06:11 PM
shimz350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you have the extented warranty then have fun.

As far as break in period...one mechanic will argue to take it easy and another will argue to push it.

i've broken every rule in the book by ACCIDENT lol...the last two cars I had which were a 93 buick lesabre(180,000 miles) and a 97 oldsmobile(130,000 miles) cutlass supreme.

I pushed those cars soo hard as if they were sport cars. Flooring it all the time and I cannot believe they are still running.

This is my first japanese car so I wasn't sure what to do...i redlined it only about 3 times and i've had it over 4000 rpm probably20x til(before the knowledge of break in*i always thought it was a myth because of my experience with cars) 1200 miles.

I was paranoid that I didn't break in the car properly...but if somethings wrong with the car then it's going to happen, only if you work it...*friends a mechanic* his advice was drive it like you would if it has a problem it'll show sooner then later(after the warranty)

So logically if you have the warranty no worries...unless you add some aftermarket products that void it?
Old 09-25-2003, 06:44 AM
kbomb

Devildoc,

Glad to hear you got ur car. I got a base too at CARMAX in whitemarsh. can you call out the name of the dealer you bought it from. Im sure alot of future buyers in MD would appreciate this.
Old 09-25-2003, 07:36 AM
WashUJon

I bought my car with 101 miles on it. It was taken on dealer trade from another dealer quite a few miles away, so I wasn't worried at all. Also, I bought it in mid winter and at that time NO dealer in the area was offering a test drive in any Z, including the dealer I bought from. They didn't have demo Zs last winter. They were too busy selling ordered cars...
Old 09-25-2003, 08:56 AM
devildoc

Originally posted by kbomb
Devildoc,

Glad to hear you got ur car. I got a base too at CARMAX in whitemarsh. can you call out the name of the dealer you bought it from. Im sure alot of future buyers in MD would appreciate this.
That's funny, I was thinking about getting something from that same Carmax. I just can't stand how shadey car dealers are.

I got my Z from Sheeye(sp) Nissan in Timonium on York Rd. Would I recommend it to someone else.....probably not. The dealer that I bought my car from was some what decent. Two things that didn't add up:

1. He told me to make sure when I get my survey that I check off all excellent for the salesman quality? He had a whole wall of plaques that I guess he didn't want to ruin? Or a reputation?

2. He was in a rush the night he was selling me my Z, so he told me to come back the next day and he would go over everything with me..I was like WTF. He kinda showed me the basics then he had to leave. Although I was going to have to come back to give them the downpayment the following day?

To sum it up , I probably wouldn't tell any to go there or brag about how the dealership made it such a great experience. Just my .02......Sorry for the ramble.

Ian
Old 09-25-2003, 09:33 AM
kbomb

Ian,

I would not give this guy an excellent rating. I think this survey is like a report card for the dealers and Nissan will get on their asses if they don't get excellent rating. I got the same letter from CARMAX asking me to do the same and if I can't to call the GM of CARMAX first before filling it out any lower. Makes me feel like I do have some power over these places.

Was this the first dealer u went to? I called and went to about 5 around MD-Balt area. they all play that number game and try to get u to come in. Even when I ask for Intenet sales manager, I get these salesman who call me back called consultants. Another word for salesman on the floor.

I finally got tired,,i went to Marlow Heights Nissan and the guy tried to sell me a Base MSRP 27280 for 31K w/o Destin. I said 26k w/o tax+title..and he kept insisting me to come to agreeable price. the manager there gave a BIG X to my offer..hahaha..after listening him to talk about nothing to keep me there,,,finaly got out and headed to CARMAX. got my test drive, newly arrived and done. Only problem, is they don't accept credit card..so I had to go get a cashier check an hour away..but done..

I know this is ramblin also but people who read this in the area will know what they can do and look for when buying. This forum helped me so much because if I would of paid that 30K had it not been for this forum.
Old 09-25-2003, 09:34 AM
kbomb

check out my car under new 2004 base z or under Kbomb.
Old 09-25-2003, 10:38 AM
ragster

My 04 roadster came straight from port Norfolk and off the truck into the dealer garage with all paper still on it showing 30 miles.

I asked about the miles and was told it must have been tested by Nissan either before shipping or after arriving at port.

No way to tell, but so far - three weeks - so good.
Old 09-25-2003, 12:27 PM
devildoc

Overall, I don't think that I got that bad of a deal. 2003 Redline Base 6MT on the road for $27,500 with 200 hundred miles on her. What do you think?

Ian
Old 09-25-2003, 12:38 PM
kbomb

Ian,

Don't think about it too much and just enjoy it. I could tell you what I got and it wasn't that much better but all depends on the options and how u paid for it. Sounds like a good fair deal. Post some pics. Did you ask your dealer for bumper plugs. Mine said they don't have it...bs I guess.
Old 09-25-2003, 12:57 PM
devildoc

I'm loving every minute of it. What are bumper plugs?
Old 09-25-2003, 01:22 PM
kbomb

bumper plugs are for the drilled holes on the front bumper for lisc plate. Did yours get drilled? Mine did and I read that you can go to hardware store and make one but the dealers suppose to have them.

Atleast Honda and BMWs do.
Old 09-25-2003, 01:46 PM
drivenCSZ

dont worry about it i bought my touring as an untitled demo with 2500 miles on it...and have had no major problems at all... im now at 8300 miles and loving it just as much as the day i got it