Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Nissan sales training lies

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2002, 02:14 AM
john0213

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by SandMan
Just cuz it's a honda doesn't make it rice. I don't understand why people misunderstand the term rice. I drove the S2000 and I really liked the way it handled and it is a very fun car to drive. But my only problem with the car is the lack of torque on 5th and 6th gear. That's one reason I am getting the Z. I just don't understand why people just say rice this rice that. Rice = ugly, rediculous, non performance mods that are just wrong. I don't know where the S2000 or hondas fall into that category. Yes I seen civic riced up but that doesn't make the whole company rice. Sorry to sound like I am bitching, but if your gonna slander something, do it right.
to answer ur question(not sure if it's a question tho lol ) i would say the reason ppl think honda = rice because there are numerous of civics( as u have mention ) and many accords(both 4 doors and 2 doors) being use by some cheap "ricers" that mod their car like a ferarri looking exterior with a stock engine. ppl who mess around with the sticker and aggressive body kit polute the honda brand. As myself, i don't consider S2000 as rice but i've seen many ppl do the same as they do to civic, which is to put a huge *** body kit , well i might be wrong and those might be the minority of ppl. Anyways, i've sense a war between the forum........LET'S PREPAIR FOR THE FIGHT OUR FELLOW COMRADES!!!!

did i put to many face in the post? J/K for the war thingy lol~~
Old 08-29-2002, 02:47 AM
NissaNZ

The real amusing thing about this is that when honda s2000 people come over to a NISSAN Z site and start trolling it really shows how insecure they are about their car. Deep down inside they are shaking and scared that any day now they will run up against a 350Z in the streets or at the track. You honda lamers run along now and go drive your gutless 4cyl lawnmowers, leave the real cars to us.

s2000 <----- 350Z
Old 08-29-2002, 04:07 AM
350zhawaii

Originally posted by NSANY
Didn't you see the sign at the entrance that said "No Trolls?"
That was so funny, hahahaha...i'm laughing my head off
Old 08-29-2002, 04:11 AM
padam07

Originally posted by The Unabageler
He just let me drive it back from dinner and it's a really great ride...but here are my picking points thus far: steering feel is heavy, flywheel needs to be lightened and exhaust needs to be louder (racecars should be heard before they're seen ) but he's putting in a fujitsubo exhaust on friday. I have a neuspeed exhaust on my s2k to boost the sound over the stock.
I hope you will be racing his car with the stock exhaust on it becauseI have a feeling that putting a untested exhaust on a brand new car might dimihish the power. Check it out stock and do a comparison with the new exhaust later. Check out SCC with their custon exhaust that thye used for the car and you might see the change. But hey have fun and don't crahs the Z if it is faster than the S2000.
Adam
Old 08-29-2002, 05:05 AM
rai

Well I have to admit it seems like a better test with the same driver, but can you call yourself unbiased? Do you actually want to put up the fastest time possible in the Z ? I think not.

Also how many laps have you driven the S2000 ? (hundreds ?) and the Z you will be learning everything about it. How the clutch, throttle, and brakes work. Seems like a rediculous exercise, but if it makes you S2000 drivers feel better, go for it. Bottom line I think the two cars are really too close to call. Depends on the track. Some tracks may favor the S2000 while others will favor the Z.

As to the criticism of the Z using an existing engine, get over it. The VQ is nearly as strong as the 3.6L in the 911. It is more powerful than some V8's.
Old 08-29-2002, 05:32 AM
MaximumHP

Didn't take long for the S2K guys to get their undies in a bunch. Most of the stuff said about the comparisons is true. Sure it's written in a biased text, but that’s the idea since it's written for Nissan sales people. The Z does have a flatter torque curve and is better for around town driving. They say the S2K is lighter but cramped and small inside, the Z is bigger and more comfortable inside. The Z's brakes are awesome considering how much weight they need to stop. How can you expect Nissan to sit on their *** and say "Yeah those shiny gold calipers sure do look purty" The suspension is state of the art, so they logically compare the suspension bits of the two. Ok I'll admit the tire in the trunk is weak, but honestly, who needs a manual to tell you how to get a tire in the trunk? No Nissan salesmen give a **** about the race inspired S2K engine, or the near perfect weight distribution. This was written this way on purpose to help sell the car, and if you don't think there is one of these lying around a Honda dealership your on crack. The cars aren't exactly the same. The article tries to pinpoint the things that an individual considering a 350Z would be interested in. Honda has plenty things in their own bag to sway people back to the S2K.
Old 08-29-2002, 06:21 AM
SilverStreak

Yes, we are all shaking in our boots over a fat fat girl....

Taken from a guy who has a S and has a Z on order...

All I gotta say is just look at the true numbers... they don't lie.

0 to 60 -

S2000: 5.8 seconds
350Z: 6.0 seconds

Quarter Mile Times:

S2000: 13.8 seconds
350Z: 14.0 seconds

All ran by professional drivers from Motor Trend. Case closed as to which is faster.

and don't say that you'll take the S in the twisties, cause then you would be really dreaming.
Old 08-29-2002, 06:29 AM
ethan84ae
Charter Member #35

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by SilverStreak
[B]Yes, we are all shaking in our boots over a fat fat girl....

I agree with you Silver, but perhaps you should do your homework. Nevermind- I'll do it for you. Guys, that looks like 5.49 to 60 and 13.95 @ 102.25 doesn't it....?

I'm not trying to bash the S2k here- heck, I love that car too!

-Ethan
Attached Thumbnails Nissan sales training lies-mt7.jpg  

Last edited by ethan84ae; 08-29-2002 at 06:32 AM.
Old 08-29-2002, 06:37 AM
rai

0 to 60 -

Quarter Mile Times:

All ran by professional drivers from Motor Trend. Case closed as to which is faster.

and don't say that you'll take the S in the twisties, cause then you would be really dreaming.
Look Bozo, the Z has been tested at least 5 times under 5.5 sec. The First S2000 number tested in C&D was 6.8 sec.

I really don't get that fat girl remark so I won't justify it with a come back.

Bottom line is why are you so insecure with the S2000?
Old 08-29-2002, 06:56 AM
panthrd

I gotta do it, because I cannot resist, but these threads kill me. With so many cars out there, new cars coming it's all going to continue. I am not buying the Z because of price (compared to other cars) or performance( compared to other cars). I am buying a Z, because of history that went along with me growing up. I've always loved the car. Was dead set on getting a 300ZX, but when I made the kinda money It was gone

So figured what the heck and picked up an 01 Boxster S, with all the goodies (nasty S2000 dig coming - Which totally spanks the S2000's sorry little butt all around - looks, performance, quality, you name it - and don't give me that price issue, get a freak'n real job then)

Anyway I am looking forward to my Z, not because it's gonna out perform the Boxster, but because it's a "Z" - we got legacy here. Honda just made up the S2000 so it wasn't totally left behind
Old 08-29-2002, 07:09 AM
mav

0 to 60 -

Quarter Mile Times:

Thanks SilverStreak... My original post on s2ki.com was this:

As someone who owns a S2000 and has a 350Z on order (BTW, I'm NOT getting rid of my S), its all internal marketing bs to me. Actually its not really a big deal, as I'm sure Honda is preparing its own internal marketing spin on the 350Z vs S2000.

0 to 60 -

Quarter Mile Times:

As to which is better... it's all subjective opinions.

To add to this, I'll say that I plan to keep my 02 S2000 for a long time as my weekend, toy car and use the 350Z as a daily driver. And yes, for me personally, the S2000 is the better car of the two. Its a rare, hand built machine unlike the mass produced 350Z.

Coming to this forum, I expected a community maybe similar to the S2000 community with great enthusiam for all cars, not just the 350Z. But reading through some of the posts, and some about the S2000, I'm quite disappointed in the immaturity I found. Honda is rice so thus the S2000 is rice? Give me a damn break and grow up! For every riced up Civic I've encountered, I've seen just as many riced up Sentra's and Altima's running around. But does that automatically make one pass judgement that the 350Z is a rice mobile? No. Most of you are bashing the S2000 with little known facts about the car.

Also the 350Z isn't god's gift to man, as many of you make it out to be. Sure, its a great car, but its far from being the best Japanese import car around... that title would belong to the Honda NSX Type R. Oh wait, I'm sorry its a Honda, so it must be a rice mobile, huh?

Now, I'm going back to lurking and wondering when the hell my 350Z will be delivered.
Old 08-29-2002, 07:19 AM
padam07

Default WHAT?

Originally posted by mav

....All I gotta say is just look at the true numbers... they don't lie.

0 to 60 -

Quarter Mile Times:

As to which is better... it's all subjective opinions.
Why would you repost wrong information? We alread y stated that motor trend tested it at 0-60 was 5.49 secs. and the 1/4 mile was 13.95 @ 102 mph. Do some more research?
Old 08-29-2002, 07:48 AM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Exclamation

Can't we all just get along? But seriously, the man is obviously trying to defend his S2000. But why? It's a great car, and has also been praised in the past. It's not like the styling is outdated or anything. So no need to Z bash nor Honda bash. It just so happens that Nissan has come out with a sharper, faster, hotter car than Honda. Trade, or live with it.
Old 08-29-2002, 07:56 AM
wxtornado

My fellow current and future Z owners, we should get used to it. What we are witnessing here is the first documented case of SHIFT_envy (kudos to Doc Bonz).

Oh, and Silver, that's not sulphur you smell; you've **** your pants again.....
Old 08-29-2002, 08:03 AM
Zspot

Default Y I didnt go s2K

Both of these cars are great performers, but we are overlooking the most obvious point here.

The S2K looks like a damn Miata. It's styling is very unoriginal. Most women (not car enthsiats) actually think the S2K is a Miata.

There is nothing...I repeat NOTHING on the road that looks like the Z. The Z will and does turn heads, but most people don't flinch at the S2K.
Old 08-29-2002, 08:05 AM
6kLaunch

Hey folks, these are both great cars!! Can't we all get along!?

Comparing these two cars may not seem logical as they are really very different markets, or are they? I absolutely love the S2000 and actually made a trip to my friendly Honda dealer to with my wife to buy one.

I had driven a friends S2000 previosly and noted that it was a tight fit for me. I didn't spend much time adjusting the seat but I figured that the car would be acceptable if I spent time adjusting them. When I went to the dealer, I spent the time to dial in the seats and I was VERY DISAPPOINTED that I was too big.
I mean I moped around for a week before I gave up the S2000 and started to look for something else. I really liked the S2000, it does everything I wanted a sports car to do including being a convertible!

So my second choice is the Z, it fits me, looks great and seems to have reasonable preformance for the buck.

Stop ragging on S2000!... It's a great car!

One thing you might note however, S2000 drivers are all little whimps!!! Drivers have to be small to be able to fit comfortably in one!!

Drive a tight line
Old 08-29-2002, 08:26 AM
cyber_x

I'd have to agree that the title of this thread and the original post are somewhat inflammatory, and am not surprised by the response it elicited. However, as a new S2000 owner, I'd have to disagree with the rice and envy comments.

I only purchased my S2000 last week, and before doing that, spent a lot of time on both my350z.com and s2ki.com. I did so because I was very interested in both cars, and very seriously considered both. Let's be realistic, both are great cars, and neither is the best car ever.

It seems there's a lot of "the 350Z is faster than the S2000" and "the S2000 handles better than the 350Z" being thrown around. Why? I'd guess that most of you bought one car or the other for more than one specific reason. It's the overall package that appeals to the individual, not just one specific aspect (i.e. speed or handling) that everyone seems hell-bent on comparing.

For me, I bought the S2000 because it's obviously a great performer, I loved the sound and feel of the high-revving engine, it's a convertible, it has a nice interior, I like the styling, and because I needed a car right away. If I hadn't needed a car right away, I probably would've waited for the 350Z, and maybe even the Evo VIII and RX-8, then compared before deciding. Notice that not all of my reasons for going S2000 are performance-oriented. I'm sure the same is true for many of you, so why keep arguing over minute differences in performance that may or may not exist in the real world?

Now, as for the 350Z, I was interested in it mostly because of the looks, the power, and the handling. But that's probably an incomplete list, because I haven't had personal experience with it like I have the S2000. If I had, I'd probably find more things to like about it. But like I said, I made my decision to go with the S2000, and it wasn't just because of performance.

So maybe everyone ought to relax. The 350Z and S2000 are both great cars. I admire the 350Z, but I'm certainly not envious of it (could've bought one if I wanted one), and the same is probably true the other way around. Both cars are priced in the same range, so those who can afford one can afford the other as well. We all had the free will to choose which one, and we did for our own reasons.

As for the rice comments directed toward the S2000, let's get real - to a lot of people, *all* Japanese sports cars are rice. And here we are calling each other rice. Ha ha, what a bit of irony.

Oh, and the marketing propaganda - that's a load of crap. But, then again, what propaganda isn't? As others have said, I'm sure all car makers do it, the only difference is what form it takes and who sees it. Is Nissan's written propaganda any different than a Honda salesman saying "the 350Z sucks because blah blah blah"? Yes and no. Yes, because it's propaganda that bends the truth, and no, because not as many people see it and respond to it. Recognize the propaganda for what it is, then ignore it and feel good about making the decision and picking the car that's best for you, regardless of what some guy who's trying to make money tells you. That goes for both 350Z and S2000 people. =)

Finally, (sorry for the long one) neither car has it all. There's always another better car. If I wanted power and speed, I wouldn't have gotten a 350Z - I would've gotten a Supra TT, or better yet, a domestic muscle car...Trans Am, SVT, or SS anyone? If I wanted just handling and track prowess, I would've passed on the S2000 and gotten a Mr2 with upgraded turbo, or maybe a turbo Miata, and save myself a few bucks in the process. But, the S2000 had the overall package that appealed to me, and I'm sure you 350Z owners feel the same way. And hang onto your seats, guys, it's just beginning - when the RX-8, Evo VIII, STi, and hopefully new Supra / RX-7 / Skyline arrive, that's when things will really get fun.

Ignore the propaganda, ignore the name-calling, and go out and enjoy your cars!

Last edited by cyber_x; 08-29-2002 at 08:29 AM.
Old 08-29-2002, 08:31 AM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Thumbs up

Very well put my man!
Old 08-29-2002, 08:53 AM
SilverStreak

Originally posted by wxtornado
My fellow current and future Z owners, we should get used to it. What we are witnessing here is the first documented case of SHIFT_envy (kudos to Doc Bonz).

Oh, and Silver, that's not sulphur you smell; you've **** your pants again.....
Shift ____ what a bad slogan of a campaign, it doesn't even flow well. The VW campaign of Drivers wanted is 10X better. As witness Nissan Marketing lacks originally and has to resort to false claims to sell cars. Have you guys seen a S commercial, probably not. However, every S produced is sold, why you ask, because the car sells itself, no need for false claims here.

I'd hate to be a owner of a AUTO Z, what can you SHIFT then Everyone and their dog can drive a Z with the auto version. At least in the S, you know the driver can drive MT and that keeps most of the pretenders out.

There is a clear distinction between S owners and Z owners generally. Z owners aren't true enthusiast, go for large power numbers thinking that will overcome everything, wrong. Witness the narrow views on this board thinking the new Z god's gift and will solve the worlds problems

Don't say you guys are true enthusiats, since you can't even appreciate a raw sports car.

Last edited by SilverStreak; 08-29-2002 at 08:58 AM.
Old 08-29-2002, 09:12 AM
240DRIVEN

Default Don't understand the thinking

This does not make any sense. First of all I don't know what audience this info was intended for, but I think it is really lame that they are targeting the S2000 like this. If you want to compare numbers with other cars fine, all companies are going advertise numbers that are in their favor, but to create a entire article comparing the Z to S2000 does look desperate. I don't know about the timing belt/chain thing, but if it is true that the S2000 does have a chain there is no reason for this false info. The whole thing is a little cheesy...

The other thing is WHY would they release these 0-60 and 1/4 mile numbers, they SUCK. My grandmother would get better times.

Anyway just my 2 cents...

Quick Reply: Nissan sales training lies