Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Nissan sales training lies

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2002, 12:15 PM
SilverStreak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nissan sales training lies

Hmm, why does Nissan need to lie about such things? Are they afraid of stacking up against the S2K? Hmm..

go here

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthrea...threadid=78821
Old 08-28-2002, 12:43 PM
NSANY
Charter Member #52

Didn't you see the sign at the entrance that said "No Trolls?"
Attached Thumbnails Nissan sales training lies-stfu.jpg  
Old 08-28-2002, 12:52 PM
SilverStreak

touchy aren't we?

Just wanted to get an opion on the other side, two sides to every story bud
Old 08-28-2002, 12:56 PM
NSANY
Charter Member #52

Not touchy, just a long-time member who's tired of the 350Z v. "the car I like better" threads. You drive an S2000 and post a thread from an S2K board, what did you expect? The welcome wagon?
Old 08-28-2002, 01:02 PM
SilverStreak

nah, I don't like wagons, but thanks for the offer

Seriously though, there is a real question here, why would Nissan say things that aren't true. They can get sued for such things.

BTW. you may be tired of "this ____ car" vs 350 but Nissan seems to think it need to address the comparisons.
Old 08-28-2002, 01:04 PM
juicez

Default I logged into the s2k site.

Gave them a link to the s2k vs. 350z comparison on NNA's site. Thought it would be helpful for them to read some legible numbers.
Old 08-28-2002, 01:10 PM
NissaNZ

Haha, it's so funny how these s2000 owners are shaking in their boots cause they know they're gonna get owned.
Old 08-28-2002, 01:15 PM
NSANY
Charter Member #52

Let's look at it this way: Your average car buyer is lucky to know where the gas goes in. Members of forums like my350z.com and the S2K forum are educated consumers (and car nuts) who can sift through the marketing baloney and see the car for what it is (or isn't).

I think the sales material from Nissan is a bit humorous and has no effect on swaying people as educated as we are. However, I can see a salesman using some of those lines on a "fence-sitter" to sway them to buy a Z over the S2K.

BTW, I think there's a lot of truth to the material as well. I like the S2K (almost bought one, but at 6'4", 210, I can't fit), but I definitely think each car has its pros and cons.
Old 08-28-2002, 01:18 PM
nub

i posted on the s2k forum

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthrea...109#post971109
Old 08-28-2002, 01:22 PM
westpak
SFZCC

What is funny is that here going through this site to find out about the competiotion I havn't gone once to a S2000, Audi TT, Z3 or Boxster site yet, and the pictures look like the ones I posted on this site for our amuzement, they are rather sensitive.
Old 08-28-2002, 01:35 PM
rai

Just a little touchy are we?

Why are you bringing this up here? It's not like we are responsible for what nissan does with advertising.

Also don't fool yourself into thinking the S2000 is faster than the 350Z, C&D got 5.4 sec. 0-60.
Old 08-28-2002, 01:35 PM
NSANY
Charter Member #52

Well, having read the entire thread from the S2K forum, I have to concede defeat on one item.

Honda definitely has the market cornered on pre-pubescent kids who can't write very well. I'm so glad that this forum has a user community whose Flesch-Kinkaid is higher than Pre-K. If I had to sift through the garbage on that S2K forum all day, I'd find another way to spend my time...

And for all you S2K owners out there, be sure to turn off the air conditioning when I pull up next to you at a light. You're going to need every advantage you can get to compensate for the complete lack of low-end grunt in that engine of yours...

(This is so out of character for me, but right now I'm really tired of trolls from other boards. Especially ones that go looking for trouble. But, as they say, mess with the bull and you'll get the horns.)
Old 08-28-2002, 01:38 PM
NSANY
Charter Member #52

Oh, and by the way, if you're insulted by Nissan saying your car has a timing belt instead of a chain, then you definitely have a serious inferiority complex. This may stem from your subconscious telling you something you don't want to admit.

Seek professional help, young grasshopper. You have much to learn.

Now get out of here, boy. You bother me.
Old 08-28-2002, 01:39 PM
nub

oh so true!
Old 08-28-2002, 01:54 PM
SilverStreak

Relax pops, you are starting to sound like a BMW owner
You also might want to have a look at your 350Z demographics before you speak to soon about young punks having it. 30K is hardly a barrier to entry for young people these days.

I didn't think you guys would be so touchy on this issue and start throwing cheap shots right away. I mearly wanted opposing opinions on the training material that NISSAN has issued not to get into a car vs car debate.

To the guy who doesn't check other sites...

A true auto enthusiast appreciates all forms of cars and has a wider view than just what they drive. Yes, I am on here to learn more about the 350. Having tunnel vision is only good for when you want to hear your exhaust scream...

Oh yes, I have a chain thank you very much but I don't share the same engine with everyone in the product line and their dogs

Originally posted by NSANY
Well, having read the entire thread from the S2K forum, I have to concede defeat on one item.

Honda definitely has the market cornered on pre-pubescent kids who can't write very well. I'm so glad that this forum has a user community whose Flesch-Kinkaid is higher than Pre-K. If I had to sift through the garbage on that S2K forum all day, I'd find another way to spend my time...

And for all you S2K owners out there, be sure to turn off the air conditioning when I pull up next to you at a light. You're going to need every advantage you can get to compensate for the complete lack of low-end grunt in that engine of yours...

(This is so out of character for me, but right now I'm really tired of trolls from other boards. Especially ones that go looking for trouble. But, as they say, mess with the bull and you'll get the horns.)
Old 08-28-2002, 02:10 PM
nwind21

I read through the S2000 posts and I think I agree with the people who said essentially this...

This is advertisment and sales pitch info so it is _designed_ to make the Z look better. Nissan knows it's competitors, so if they expect to get a good sales, they need to bring out the dirty boxing gloves.

If Nissan relied on being honest and true, I would expect that their market share will be much lower. The S2000 has been on the market for a long time. Same as the TT and the Boxster, etc... so Nissan already has an uphill battle to enter into the relatively small market (sport cars in general). Even their Murano will have to fight with Toyota's huge SUV line-up so I expect them to do some mud-slinging there too.

Anyhoos, can't wait for my Z. It has the looks and power that I want in my first new car purchase (without breaking my budget).

Oh yeah, not to mention that the average car saleman knows very little about their car they are selling. I think a lot of you can attest to this when talking to Nissan car dealerships.
Old 08-28-2002, 02:18 PM
J Ritt

It's all a bunch of marketing BS. Only time and real-world situations will tell what Nissan brought to the game. Then we will see what we will see.

When I go into a car dealership, I'm not expecting them to know as much about there own product as I do...it's kind of a shame really, but that's the reality of it most of the time.

Quick Reply: Nissan sales training lies