Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Destoyed Z...with a horrible twist.

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 06:35 PM
CancerJCCz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Destoyed Z...with a horrible twist.

I am currently away in NE for the Army and I get a call from the G/F who is hysterical. She tells me to sit down (I'm on the ******* so no problem there) and proceeds to tell me that my car has been totaled. She borrowed it to go out with a few friends (no problem). After she parked away from the bar as taught, she (being pocket less in a skirt), handed the keys to our mutual friend to HOLD.

A while passes in the bar and she asks where Trenton has gone (the passenger who was holding the keys). Others say he went on a cigarette run and she thinks he ran across the street. Moments later he calls and tells her there has been a wreck and to come fast. So she gets there and he was obviously flying like an a$$hat jumped the median, hit 3 cars in the oncoming lanes and ended up backwards into a tree. And the best part of it all he was drinking! So he is currently in jail and I am in contact with USAA but they won't know anything until Monday or Tuesday. I am awaiting mobile pics to be sent to me and I will post them as soon as I get them. I don't know what emotions to feel at this point other than a loss for words. I have no idea how the coverage is going to pan out and am worried about getting boned.

He was an UN AUTHORIZED driver of the vehicle so I hope that helps. Any claims adjusters that might have a clue how this will play out? Thank you all for any help you may lend. Oh and pics coming soon as my iphone just received them.

edit: After seeing the pics destroyed may be to strong of a word but nevertheless some severe damage. God I hate being 1000 miles away and not being able to deal with this!!!

Slight Update:I have been in contact with USAA and they have told me basically it pivots on what Trenton has to say. Either way it will be covered but by whom is the question. As for my rims/tires they told me that if the vehicle is deemed totaled then I will be compensated for those as well. My Z is currently at the repair shop getting an estimate done, they are very cool and have already told my girlfriend if its on the fence of totaled or not then I can give my "input" to the situation. I would rather it be totaled out as the re-sale would plummet if they decide to fix.

On a side note any one else ever get insurance to pay for stock rims/tires? Meaning if they don't total what will I get for them to replace my Shines?

Destoyed Z...with a horrible twist.-wrecked-z-1.jpgDestoyed Z...with a horrible twist.-wrecked-z-2.jpgDestoyed Z...with a horrible twist.-wrecked-z-3.jpg

Last edited by CancerJCCz; 08-06-2009 at 05:50 PM.
Old 08-01-2009, 06:43 PM
k6750gsxr

Cliff notes ?
Old 08-01-2009, 06:48 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Find out if the dumbass has insurance, you may have to take him to court and sue his ***.

My other question is, why is your girlfriend going to a bar in a mini skirt! with you deployed...hmmmm......the plot thickens!
Old 08-01-2009, 06:53 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Damn, crazy story.

Hope everything works out for you.
Old 08-01-2009, 06:55 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

uber thick...

hopefully you being deployed, and you having USAA helps. They're three times better than Geico from my last two taps to my bumper...

USAA all the way...
Old 08-01-2009, 06:57 PM
calin
Banned

Originally Posted by CancerJCCz
She tells me to sit down (I'm on the ******* so no problem there)

Sorry to hear about your situation though. Hopefully insurance will cover it
Old 08-01-2009, 06:57 PM
jduet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Time for new friends...

But seriously, hope everything works out
Old 08-01-2009, 07:01 PM
CancerJCCz

Thanks guys I'm not deployed just at WLC for 2 weeks. And not a mini skirt either! You horn ***** read to much into it. He does have insurance and money so I guess it may be like zand02max says court date. I hope though that we can settle this like men and not drag each other through the crap.
Old 08-01-2009, 07:03 PM
Russ@Z1

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Damn, best of luck with the insurance deal. You should be okay as far as getting reimbursed, but I just hope they don't give you a hard time for covering all your aftermarket items.
Old 08-01-2009, 07:07 PM
kyx4n

Ouch. That sucks, hope everything turns out alright.
Old 08-01-2009, 07:08 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

I would lean towards...totaled, and he covers your aftermarket parts somehow...

I was all over the miniskirt...
Old 08-01-2009, 07:21 PM
vthao

Damn dude, how unfortunate.
Old 08-01-2009, 08:02 PM
albaugh81

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not cool at all.
Old 08-01-2009, 08:28 PM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by k6750gsxr
Cliff notes ?
Trenton is a drifter. Tried his new techniques with a car that does not belong to him.
Old 08-01-2009, 08:49 PM
pimpin714style

Originally Posted by TheBestThereIs
lol, im gonna get flamed for this but whatever.

Who the **** would give their Z to a girlfriend so she can take out other men and god knows who to a bar?! in a skirt?!

Sounds like you need to make some changes, my friend.

Wish you the best with your car and all. Make better choices with women next time. She needs to go. You're out there serving our country while she goes to bars with dudes. Dump her *** and beat his *** for touching your car.
ouch....but truth does hurt. you shouldnt have a problem having him cover your loss. she said he was only holding the keys so he took the car without permission, unlees she changes her story, your good.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:05 PM
HorNz

Oh ****. That sucks.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:28 PM
liveZstrong

dood that sucks! hope everything turns out well..
Old 08-01-2009, 09:55 PM
Swimminggerman

Wow total loss. Sorry to hear/see this.

Learn your lesson guys. dont let ladies drive your lady. I sold my 4runner 2 days prior to going on holiday for a month, tried to move my Z a few hours prior to take off, to a friends house for safe keeping (very trustworthy individual) didnt have enough time. Left the Z at home and told GF that Ill call him to come pick it up. Im super **** with my possesions that they are respected and taken care of, I trust this guy. Anyways she says, how about you just leave it at home and itll be ok. Horrible gut feeling uhhhh no no no no. But ok i thought heres your test sweetie. Get a call in germany "I sold my car and want to know if I can use yours for 2 days max until i pick up my new one so I dont have to get a rental.(I sold my 4 runner Shoot) Gut feeling again uhhhhhh no no no but I said ok 2 days ill help her out. Come back home month later, car looks ok she says that a part of the roof (hawaii roofs are thin metal or plastic, not solid like mainland with shingles) anyways roof fell on it and scuffed the paint a bit. They had it buffed (idiot who did that burnt through the paint on a corner. But whatever. I look at my exhaust, Oh ****, one tip (Titanium) was bent/crumpled half in. She claimed she never knew. Now in her defense she promissed she was super careful and I beleive her because she knows how **** i can be with my car, however mistakes happen and you just need to know who to trust and who not to depending on what your ok with happening to you vehicle. Id say trust enthusiast friends not random people.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:22 PM
Chief2884

sorry man, sounds like she was trying to do the right thing, but she gave the keys to a douche bag
Old 08-01-2009, 11:11 PM
zenki_z33

Yikes! That really sucks dude, hope everything pans out for you.

Quick Reply: Destoyed Z...with a horrible twist.