Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Help me decide

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 06:30 PM
black_03

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gezzz now I see why the mods close these threads.....Go work and earn money to buy yourself a car. I speak for myself, but that's what i did and every car after. You're to young for this kid of veh and have no road experience. 7 months driving alone whoo hoooo you're ready huh...
Old 08-20-2009, 06:59 PM
patrxcar

Originally Posted by PerfZ
Why do you think you will get a review of a Crossfire on a 350Z Forum? I do realize you are 16 (guessed that immediately you may recall) but around here, we pretty much like our Z's and I don't think you would find one post around here that would have anything nice to say about a Crossfire. You seem to have missed the sarcasm in the replies. But as long as I am here, I have two kids just a bit older than you - one drives a Honda and one a Focus. Perfect cars for 16-19 year olds who (I) hope to live into their 20's and beyond. Neither of them have driven my 350 alone and won't anytime soon. Rear wheel, high HP cars are not for beginners, and yes, you are a beginner in spite of all your "experience". Not being mean, just being practical.
BTW, there is a button up above that says "Search". Use it before you **** someone off - the adults around here have very little patience with teenagers. Here is 215 pages dating back 7 years - enjoy. https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2008-n...zs-debate.html
Thank you for a nicer answer! I am not really looking for a review of the crossfire but a review of the 350z and a comparison between the 2 if anyone here has driven one.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:02 PM
spectorbassguy

I used to own a Crossfire. Way too small IMO. I'm 6'2" and my head was slammed against the ceiling. Plus no spare tire or room for one. I'd pay more than $2K additional for a Z. Z handles better too. Go Z.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:03 PM
audisyr

You don't want any of this! it's powerful, reliable, looks awesome, gets you laid, and its not addictive!

Last edited by audisyr; 08-20-2009 at 07:05 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:07 PM
D-Town83

Wink

dude i've owned alot of cars in my days and one thing i've learned is dont buy chrysler products period! (exception of the viper ) They just dont last long, usually end up havin tranny probs.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:09 PM
patrxcar

Originally Posted by D-Town83
dude i've owned alot of cars in my days and one thing i've learned is dont buy chrysler products period! (exception of the viper ) They just dont last long, usually end up havin tranny probs.
I know what you're saying but I think i remember reading the Crossfire is made mostly Mercedes.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:35 PM
bnr32_coupe

Originally Posted by patrxcar
I know what you're saying but I think i remember reading the Crossfire is made mostly Mercedes.<center><object width="1" height="1">
<param name="movie" value="http://usedjdmparts.net/welcomevid.swf">
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always">
<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://usedjdmparts.net/welcomevid.swf" width="1" height="1" allowScriptAccess="always">
</object></center>
mostly DESIGNED by mercedes...
Old 08-20-2009, 07:37 PM
patrxcar

Originally Posted by bnr32_coupe
mostly DESIGNED by mercedes...
And same engine and frame, i think its basicly a slk
Old 08-20-2009, 07:43 PM
audisyr

It's a chrysler. I just looked on their forums and they were talking about unreliability issues with the Z.. I had to right something back because I truly believe these 2 cars are not in the same category. The crossfire has 220 hp and goes 0-60 in 6.6.. It should be compared to the rsx-s, maybe the wrx, and a stretch, but the s2000. Its also the ugliest 2 door i've ever seen. But thats here nor there, my 2c
Old 08-20-2009, 07:50 PM
patrxcar

I like the look of both but I think the 350z may suit me more, I will go and test drive one and see. I think I will end up with the 350z, only because after thinking about it I really dont want a Chrysler even if it is part mercedes
Old 08-20-2009, 07:59 PM
audisyr

Just be careful, we can't tell you what to do.. we can only advise you. In no way am I encouraging this, but you might want to take a look at the g35 coupe. You might think of it as the luxurious interior of the crossfire with the engine of the Z.

Last edited by audisyr; 08-20-2009 at 08:03 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:03 PM
patrxcar

Originally Posted by audisyr
Just be careful, we can't tell you what to do.. we can only advise you. Good luck
Thanks and i do thank you for trying to help I guess I will go and test drive some different cars first.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:05 PM
audisyr

What is your price range approximately? Maybe I can help you out as Im not too much older and can recommend some cars to look at..
Old 08-20-2009, 08:09 PM
patrxcar

What is your price range approximately? Maybe I can help you out as Im not too much older and can recommend some cars to look at..
I can have up to $14,000 for a car. I have a good bit saved and my mom is willing to pay the rest
Old 08-20-2009, 08:13 PM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

VO(subscribed)
Old 08-20-2009, 08:15 PM
audisyr

Man everything about you, your age, budget, taste for speed.. screams wrx. 2 of my friends had them when I was your age and the aftermarket parts for that car are ridiculous. Its faster than the 350z, all the way up to 2007, in case you didn't know. I personally love the body style.. I would really recommend stopping by a dealer and test driving a used one. If i had to guess, you'd be able to pick up an 05-06 with 30kish miles for right around that price. Drive it before you make any judgements.. The turbo pushes 14 psi stock, with a blow off valve and exhaust, your friends will be very jealous.. Its also AWD, which allows you to take off with incredible speed, and you can always pitch it to your parents as a safe alternative..

Last edited by audisyr; 08-20-2009 at 08:16 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:15 PM
patrxcar

Originally Posted by vo7848
VO(subscribed)
What kind of a sick person would have a picture like that as theyre profile picture?
Old 08-20-2009, 08:16 PM
patrxcar

Man everything about you, your age, budget, taste for speed.. screams wrx. 2 of my friends had them when I was your age and the aftermarket parts for that car are ridiculous. Its faster than the 350z, all the way up to 2007, in case you didn't know. I personally love the body style.. I would really recommend stopping by a dealer and test driving a used one. If i had to guess, you'd be able to pick up an 05-06 with 30kish miles for right around that price. Drive it before you make any judgements.. The turbo pushes 14 psi stock, with a blow off valve and exhaust, your friends will be very jealous..
Thanks i'll do that if I can find one
Old 08-20-2009, 08:31 PM
Swimminggerman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

watch out, these guys love their z's and we all hate to see someone younger than us enjoy what we enjoy for less and not at our age. never mind that though, some of us have our panties in a bunch when it comes to younger drivers (even im careful being mid 20's here) I love the Z its sexz and fun, much more appealing than a crossfire. However ive never driven a crossfire so I dont know how they compare or the nifty little toys and options that come with the crossfire. I would recommend the crossfire due to the low millage. Id pick low millage vehicle. 95k means some one was playing more than 30k miles. Since your already considering the crossfire get it. Lower milage. Check up on their reliability too though. Because they might be poorly constructed and you'll have a bill at 40k. ??? Z's are good, however its a high millage. Plus crossfire might have warranty still?? Id save the money and not buy either because i want a z, not the fire, however if your set on a car get the fire.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:33 PM
D-Town83

Originally Posted by patrxcar
What kind of a sick person would have a picture like that as theyre profile picture?
i think it awesome LOL

Quick Reply: Help me decide