Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Help me decide

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 08:34 PM
patrxcar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Swimminggerman
watch out, these guys love their z's and we all hate to see someone younger than us enjoy what we enjoy for less and not at our age. never mind that though, some of us have our panties in a bunch when it comes to younger drivers (even im careful being mid 20's here) I love the Z its sexz and fun, much more appealing than a crossfire. However ive never driven a crossfire so I dont know how they compare or the nifty little toys and options that come with the crossfire. I would recommend the crossfire due to the low millage. Id pick low millage vehicle. 95k means some one was playing more than 30k miles. Since your already considering the crossfire get it. Lower milage. Check up on their reliability too though. Because they might be poorly constructed and you'll have a bill at 40k. ??? Z's are good, however its a high millage. Plus crossfire might have warranty still?? Id save the money and not buy either because i want a z, not the fire, however if your set on a car get the fire.
Thanks, the crossfire's are very reliable because they are made mostly by mercedes. But how many miles is a z expected to go if it has been maintained well?
Old 08-20-2009, 08:36 PM
audisyr

watch out, these guys love their z's and we all hate to see someone younger than us enjoy what we enjoy for less and not at our age. never mind that though, some of us have our panties in a bunch when it comes to younger drivers (even im careful being mid 20's here) I love the Z its sexz and fun, much more appealing than a crossfire. However ive never driven a crossfire so I dont know how they compare or the nifty little toys and options that come with the crossfire. I would recommend the crossfire due to the low millage. Id pick low millage vehicle. 95k means some one was playing more than 30k miles. Since your already considering the crossfire get it. Lower milage. Check up on their reliability too though. Because they might be poorly constructed and you'll have a bill at 40k. ??? Z's are good, however its a high millage. Plus crossfire might have warranty still?? Id save the money and not buy either because i want a z, not the fire, however if your set on a car get the fire.
Haha I dont know about others.. But im looking out for the kids safety. The car is Fast and RWD.. Can you imagine driving it at 16?
Old 08-20-2009, 08:37 PM
audisyr

Originally Posted by patrxcar
Thanks, the crossfire's are very reliable because they are made mostly by mercedes. But how many miles is a z expected to go if it has been maintained well?
well above 150
Old 08-20-2009, 08:38 PM
patrxcar

Originally Posted by audisyr
well above 150
Thats impressive, but only 50,000 away from the z i found
Old 08-20-2009, 10:43 PM
rcarr88

Honestly I don't know if you can appreciate a Z with it being handed to you. I am not very old myself, however I have been working to save up for my 350z for almost 2 years and I have researched them since then. I am very confident on my purchase since I have been saving up so long for mine. It is hard to make enough money at my age (18) to get a nice car like the 350z. I feel as if I was given one I would not have appreciated it because I am going to be upgrading to a car that I have only been dreaming of having for a long time. Therefore I would start out with something where you can get all your first few years of driving mistakes out of the way before getting something as powerful and nice as a 350z.
Old 08-21-2009, 12:00 AM
billsrcursed

This should have been said on page 1, but whatever.... the fact you're deciding between these 2 cars says you're not ready for a Z. There's no comparison. You're shopping on mom's budget, which hey, that's cool when you're 16, but that means you should be looking for a car that 16 year olds drive.

You have to realize how many threads a day we get here about kids getting Z's handed to them, and what kind of "sick" mods they should do, only to throw on some stickers, cheap rims, and other "rice". Then they're back a week later explaining why all of our insurance rates just blasted through the ceiling....

Whatever you decide, please for the sake or our kids, be careful on the roads, educate yourself about the vehicle you purchase, and take it to the track (after lessons). Good luck!
Old 08-21-2009, 05:45 AM
HawaiianBBQ

Go with the Z. There is a whole lot more aftermarket support and performance research done into the Z.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:16 AM
anth72

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All I have to say is if you get a Z just be careful. At 17 I was driving a 94 grand prix and I still used to squeal the tires off the line at stop lights and hit 90mph on the highway a couple times. Pretty stupid now that I look back. Those times were few and far between but if I had a 287hp Z at 17 I think I may have done worse things and perhaps lost control of it. I bought my Z last year at 24, first rear wheel drive car. Took me a couple autocross events to get a handle on how to correct oversteer/understeer in a rearwheel drive car. So all I can say is be careful if you do get one. There are a lot of good young drivers as some on here have said but I would say that young drivers that can handle a car like this porobably grew up racing karts of something like that. I have a driven a crossfire/misfire ha a few years back. Fun to drive but not my cup of tea. Either way your insurance is gonna be pretty high. Good luck.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:28 AM
JEKL

watch out, these guys love their z's and we all hate to see someone younger than us enjoy what we enjoy for less and not at our age.
I really doubt that is accurate. Personally I wouldn't even be able to enjoy the Z he is looking at. And if my mom and dad bought me an old a$$ Z that was more than halfway through its expected life with no options, I would tell them to go **** themselves!

Nothing to hate on here.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:14 AM
Lee R

Originally Posted by Globalscan
Go with the crossfire - I hear it comes with a DVD of Beaches and a box of Maxi-pads
Probably the funniest thing I have seen on this forum so far.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:01 AM
LLL'sZ

whats wrong with the crossfire
A) It's American!
B) It's a woman's ride!!

you buy a (insert honda) for 5k and build a motor for 9k.....would be faster and lighter than both!!!!
Old 08-21-2009, 09:29 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Warning to all. Infraction points are being given out for the use of unecessary language...

VO
Old 08-21-2009, 09:30 AM
VO...
Administrator

What kind of a sick person would have a picture like that as theyre profile picture?
<---This type of person...
Old 08-21-2009, 09:50 AM
WhiteNoiz

duh, crossfire has the flap...
Old 08-21-2009, 11:20 AM
(ZzzzzZ)

what are infraction points? And I laughed so much at "what kind of sick person would have a picture like that" haha.

Anyways, there is a 2003 z going for 15k with 25k miles on this forum. OP, go look at galleries and the first pic you see, the one with the girl in red. Check that car out. Don't know if thats anywhere near where you live, but a lot better than the 100k z you are looking at.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:26 AM
VO...
Administrator

Infraction points are given for breaking the TOU. They accumulate and eventually get the offender banned for a specified amount of time. If one really messes up, I'll, or any staff memeber for that matter, will ban them at my/our disgression. The ban will fit the crime accordingly...
Old 08-21-2009, 11:31 AM
(ZzzzzZ)

If we do accrue any points, how do we keep track of them? Do we just ask you or other moderators?
Old 08-21-2009, 11:38 AM
VO...
Administrator

Look at your profile. It should be listed their. That's where we(staff) see them. Not really sure if you guys can see them. Guess you won't know unless you get an infraction point. I know you automatically receive a PM when the points are given to you...
Old 08-21-2009, 11:55 AM
(ZzzzzZ)

I see. Thanks :]
Old 08-21-2009, 01:36 PM
King350Z

i dont want a car like that, i can spend up to 14,000 for a car so i really dont want a civic

Truthful and grammatical correction:

I don't want a car like that. My parents can spend up to $14,000 for a car, and personally, I don't care for a Honda Civic.

Quick Reply: Help me decide