Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

General advice for a teen.

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2009 | 05:55 AM
Adrians07Z

Originally Posted by Reggae420
I am 17 and I've had my z for about 3 months now and have had no problems or accidents or tickets. Even though some people may not believe me I paid for the car myself, I work alot of hours at a local hardware store and paid for the car, insurance, and gas. People on here who hate against 17 year olds are just mislead by all the stories of spoiled 17 year olds that crash their cars and drive drunk, not everyone is like that

damn dude .. you should call your insurance for a drop in the rate if you haven't had an incident in 3 months

as for whoever said get something else first ... I agree on that for a first car .. I may of bought mine at 18 (months before 19) .. but I went through about 15 beater cars (a couple nice beaters too) until I got a pretty good paying job to buy myself a new car that I didn't have to fix every weekend

and the "I work long hours after school" story every 17 year old is giving that "pays" for their Z .. feel sorry for them b/c theres no way in hell I'd work like that to spend every penny on a 350z .. I feel like i'm spending too much on my Z with it being just under 20% of my income (no minimum wage job here )
Old 09-06-2009 | 06:05 AM
Reggae420
Banned

[QUOTE=Flick Montana;7720334]You guys should totally get together and start a club! You can talk about the car your parents are buying you and cookies and watch cartoons! But no gurls allowed, omfgBBQlulz!

**** you man, theres nothing that makes you better then us just because your older, I bought my car myself and clearly enjoy it more then you do becasue I come on this forum asking questions, trying to learn morea bout my favorite car and trying to help some people with their questions along the way, you come to this forum making fun of people and criticizing people who are just trying to be friendly and talk about 305z's, and your calling us immature?????? **** off
Old 09-06-2009 | 10:09 AM
Z1NONLY

Originally Posted by Tannoy
Surprised he completely spun out at that speed......I pitched my rear end out the first week at about the same speed(learned that road is just dirty, I drive it daily), but damn could'nt he feel the rear end going and be smart enough to let off the gas.....lol.

He gassed it hard as he came to the turn..Shoulda bought a FWD......lol
He actually has a lot of seat time in Miata's with race tires. The problem with Miata's is that you pay a big price for coming off the throttle.

Also with race tires, and even good street tires, you can (sometimes) get away with letting the car step out and staying on throttle. When it works, you get better times than the guy who chickens-out and backs off.

When it doesn't work, well you saw the vid.

The point of that video is that the Z can and will bite you if you don't pay attention.
Old 09-06-2009 | 10:38 AM
JEKL

I am 17 and I've had my z for about 3 months now and have had no problems or accidents or tickets. Even though some people may not believe me I paid for the car myself, I work alot of hours at a local hardware store and paid for the car, insurance, and gas. People on here who hate against 17 year olds are just mislead by all the stories of spoiled 17 year olds that crash their cars and drive drunk, not everyone is like that
This car was the best purchase I have made in my entire life and I am sure you'll feel the same way.
**** you man, theres nothing that makes you better then us just because your older, I bought my car myself and clearly enjoy it more then you do becasue I come on this forum asking questions, trying to learn morea bout my favorite car and trying to help some people with their questions along the way, you come to this forum making fun of people and criticizing people who are just trying to be friendly and talk about 305z's, and your calling us immature?????? **** off
Just to clarify something; you paid cash for the car by working at a hardware store after school? Or you are making payments? Because if that is the case, you didn't purchase anything. The bank owns your car.
Old 09-06-2009 | 05:52 PM
Reggae420
Banned

I work every school day from 3-6 and every saturday from 9-7, I make 10 dollars an hour and that makes 250 a week which makes $1,000 a month, I started saving up for a car on my 16th birthday and finally had enough for it this past june because I spent some of the money, I bought the car for $14,900 in cash off of craigslist.
Old 09-06-2009 | 06:33 PM
Ezra

Originally Posted by Arondos
Insurance - 17 year old in a two seat 300 hp sports coupe. Make some calls and see how much that is going to cost you. To go with this a 17 year old in a Z is going to be a cop magnet even if you drive carefully.
As Arondos said, you will be a cop magnet. I'd get yourself a radar detector. I'm 29 and I look like I'm 22 with my young asian baby face. Had way too many pig cops tailgating me.

Last edited by Ezra; 09-06-2009 at 06:35 PM.
Old 09-06-2009 | 08:52 PM
Kirbaaybaayy

Originally Posted by Ezra
As Arondos said, you will be a cop magnet. I'd get yourself a radar detector. I'm 29 and I look like I'm 22 with my young asian baby face. Had way too many pig cops tailgating me.
well the insurance isnt that big of a problem because you can put it in your parents names as main driver and you as the sometimes driver lol or what ever its called and save money but ya cops love me lol no tickets though cause im smart and dont ****ing start quoting my **** for saying im smart but im a dumb teen
Old 09-07-2009 | 06:42 AM
Adrians07Z

I work every school day from 3-6 and every saturday from 9-7, I make 10 dollars an hour and that makes 250 a week which makes $1,000 a month, I started saving up for a car on my 16th birthday and finally had enough for it this past june because I spent some of the money, I bought the car for $14,900 in cash off of craigslist.

ever heard of taxes

as for spending every penny of your hard earned money on a sports car that wont be worth $hit in a few years ... good job

I make $15 / hour from 8 to 5 every day .. that makes $600 / week .. $2400 / month .. and I started saving up 3 years ago

now I bought a GTR at 18 .. WOOOOOOO ... I dont need taxes, insurance, tires, oil, gas, or anything .. just the car

Last edited by Adrians07Z; 09-07-2009 at 06:46 AM.
Old 09-07-2009 | 07:46 AM
Reggae420
Banned

I get paid in cash straight out of the cash register under the table, anytime you wanna stop being such a ***ot and just enjoy the company of other people who love this car as much as you do is cool with me....
Old 09-07-2009 | 09:56 AM
JEKL

Originally Posted by Adrians07Z
as for spending every penny of your hard earned money on a sports car that wont be worth $hit in a few years ... good job
It's got 70,000+ miles with some fake a$$ Brembos, it's not worth much right now!
Old 09-07-2009 | 11:26 AM
wilsonzhuu

Originally Posted by Adrians07Z

now I bought a GTR at 18 .. WOOOOOOO ... I dont need taxes, insurance, tires, oil, gas, or anything .. just the car
If someone hits your car then you're pretty much ****ed.
Old 09-07-2009 | 11:34 AM
Reggae420
Banned

Originally Posted by jekl1000
It's got 70,000+ miles with some fake a$$ Brembos, it's not worth much right now!
seriously man, **** you, this is a forum where everyone loves the 350z and it could be an awesome place to have ideas and talk about this car but beacuse of immature ****s like you nobody can enjoy it, my car has 69,000 miles and theyre not fake *** brembos because nobody ever said they were brembos, Im sorry I couldn't afford a 350z with less miles but I love this car and this is what I wanted to get, why do you waste your time on here bitching about what other people do wrong? get a life your a ******, if you are what a my350z.com "premium member" is then I dont know what the **** im doing on this site
Old 09-07-2009 | 12:28 PM
lilleo

seriously man, **** you, this is a forum where everyone loves the 350z and it could be an awesome place to have ideas and talk about this car but beacuse of immature ****s like you nobody can enjoy it, my car has 69,000 miles and theyre not fake *** brembos because nobody ever said they were brembos, Im sorry I couldn't afford a 350z with less miles but I love this car and this is what I wanted to get, why do you waste your time on here bitching about what other people do wrong? get a life your a ******, if you are what a my350z.com "premium member" is then I dont know what the **** im doing on this site
First of all do not waste any time on half of the people on this forum. There are plenty of helpful people but also just a bunch of others that all they do is jump from thread to thread hating on new Z members. I am 100% sure that you will appreciate your car a lot more than most of them that got there Z given to them and have it just to say “I drive a Z” They have no passion and are usually a bunch of ricers rolling on 20 inch chrome spinners. Enjoy the car dude and welcome.
Old 09-07-2009 | 12:40 PM
davidv

Originally Posted by wilsonzhuu
Advice for a 17 year old.

Always wear clean underwear incase you get hit by a car and have to go to the hospital.
Old 09-07-2009 | 01:01 PM
Reggae420
Banned

Originally Posted by lilleo
First of all do not waste any time on half of the people on this forum. There are plenty of helpful people but also just a bunch of others that all they do is jump from thread to thread hating on new Z members. I am 100% sure that you will appreciate your car a lot more than most of them that got there Z given to them and have it just to say “I drive a Z” They have no passion and are usually a bunch of ricers rolling on 20 inch chrome spinners. Enjoy the car dude and welcome.
Thanks alot man, I really appreciate that, theyre are alot of great people on this forum but alot of other who are just a waste of time and are just here to **** people off.
Old 09-07-2009 | 01:28 PM
JEKL

Thanks. There Brembos
Yeah the guy told me they were Brembos and they are not, They are everlast brakes so I went over to his house and got $200 back cause he lied to me, How are the everlast brakes? Worth switching to Brembos?
Hey guys, thats my bad, the brakes are actually Duralast brakes.
Psst... Duralast are fake a$$ Brembos!
Old 09-07-2009 | 01:33 PM
Reggae420
Banned

okay man you win, sick, you have a nicer car then a 17 year old who works at a local hardware store after school to be able to afford the car of his dreams.

Come on man, is your life really this empty???
Old 09-07-2009 | 01:38 PM
JEKL

okay man you win, sick, you have a nicer car then a 17 year old who works at a local hardware store after school to be able to afford the car of his dreams.

Come on man, is your life really this empty???
Your dreams are a used, average sports car with 70,000 miles that only costs $14k and you question the quality of my life???
Old 09-07-2009 | 03:21 PM
Reggae420
Banned

I said my dream car, not my dream, I am not gonna go through the conversation and copy and paste it like you did because I have other stuff to do that's not insulting someone 15 years younger then me on a car forum but still you get it. And lets say that was my dream, who the **** are you to tell me what I should want, if my dream car is a 91 ford taurus then thats my dream car and its none of your business. **** off bro, your a waste of time
Old 09-07-2009 | 05:29 PM
JEKL

I said my dream car, not my dream, I am not gonna go through the conversation and copy and paste it like you did because I have other stuff to do that's not insulting someone 15 years younger then me on a car forum but still you get it. And lets say that was my dream, who the **** are you to tell me what I should want, if my dream car is a 91 ford taurus then thats my dream car and its none of your business. **** off bro, your a waste of time
You spent a lot of time replying to someone who is a waste of your time.

Quick Reply: General advice for a teen.