Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Brake Stands.

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2002, 09:20 AM
padam07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Brake Stands.

Did you read the part of the SCC article that said that when you touch the brake the throttle cut out completely. The new throttle -by-wire system needed to be adjusted they said. The only way they were able to do the burn out in one of their pictures was if they removed the brake light switch. I don't really care you I can't to brake stands but I am sure that this will be a little disappointing for the more profesional driver who would want to heel-and-toe. I guess they could just remove the brake light switch. Well, just thought it might be an interesting post.

Adam
Old 08-29-2002, 09:28 AM
matt@importlife.tv

Default Quick fix

How about making a custom flip switch under the dash to break the circuit for the brake light! Then we dont have to remove the brake light switch everytime we want to kill our tires.

"One problem we found with the car's dynamics is in the programming of the electronic throttle. Touch the brakes at full throttle and the engine practically shuts down. This keeps advanced drivers from using proper left foot braking techniques and keeps advanced hot dogs from doing big-burn-holes-in-the-asphalt burnouts. We only achieved this month's cover shot by unplugging the brake light switch."
Old 08-29-2002, 09:31 AM
Brad4rdHay

I know about heel-toe, but whats the "proper left foot braking technique?"
Old 08-29-2002, 09:35 AM
Alang

I read on a thread that the cut out only occurs when the brakes are hit and you are at full throttle. This shouldn't impact heel-to-toe since you are only rev matching and not flooring it (if your doing it right).

If this is not the case, it won't be long before someone comes up with a defeat for the "problem". Look how fast the lockout on the manual vettes was defeated.