Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Some rants :[

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009 | 03:55 PM
jake0212@hotmai

Default Some rants :[

Hey guys just want to say a couple of my experiences today. Which turns out to be REALLY bad.

So I woke up early today to take my car to the stealership to get an oil change and also get my clutch squeak lubricated because I couldn't stand the squeaking sounds anymore. So about an hour and half later dealership told me that there is two cracks on my fan belt and I should get it replaced today for additional 150 bucks. I purchased this vehicle with an extended five year warranty and in the brochure it clearly stated "Engine, A/C belts and hoses are covered under warranty." And the dealership goes "OH this isn't the warranty you got (Even though the warranty brochure has writings all over it from the sales person). Turns out that the warranty I got with the vehicle was a shitty version one and didn't really cover jack ****. And keep in mind when I bought the car with the warranty, the guy handed me that brochure and wrote a bunch of stuff on it saying how it covered everything this brochure says. So the manager there had to take it into account that I was mislead and well his final thoughts are "we can refund you the warranty, but unfortunately there is nothing we can do for you." REALLY?!? three months later and a shitty sales person all the best the manager can do is refund my warranty money? GEEZ I just can't stand to look at his face anymore. So I decided to call Nissan corporate to talk to them about this issue, they said they're going to call the dealership and also call me tomorrow to get back with me on what's going on with my car.

PHEW now that is done.

Thanks for all those who read this
The dealership is "Connell Nissan" in Costa Mesa out here in So Cal.
Old 09-23-2009 | 04:06 PM
Kirbaaybaayy

holy **** that suckks dude
Old 09-23-2009 | 04:09 PM
vthao

Scew warranties. Do all maintenance yourself. If you don't know how, there are plenty of DIY threads on changing oil and belts. Any dealership will try to get you to spend more money....just say NO!
Old 09-23-2009 | 04:22 PM
Hexxus

Jesus, the Z is a breeze to change oil in. Do it yourself, man.
Old 09-23-2009 | 04:23 PM
TheFarmer

That sucks man.
Old 09-23-2009 | 04:24 PM
hndumafia

$150 to change a fan belt
Old 09-23-2009 | 04:26 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic
Premier Member

^^ 1 hr labor plus $50 for the belts. Makes perfect sense.
Old 09-23-2009 | 04:30 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Originally Posted by jake0212@hotmai
Hey guys just want to say a couple of my experiences today. Which turns out to be REALLY bad.

So I woke up early today to take my car to the stealership to get an oil change and also get my clutch squeak lubricated because I couldn't stand the squeaking sounds anymore. So about an hour and half later dealership told me that there is two cracks on my fan belt and I should get it replaced today for additional 150 bucks. I purchased this vehicle with an extended five year warranty and in the brochure it clearly stated "Engine, A/C belts and hoses are covered under warranty." And the dealership goes "OH this isn't the warranty you got (Even though the warranty brochure has writings all over it from the sales person). Turns out that the warranty I got with the vehicle was a shitty version one and didn't really cover jack ****. And keep in mind when I bought the car with the warranty, the guy handed me that brochure and wrote a bunch of stuff on it saying how it covered everything this brochure says. So the manager there had to take it into account that I was mislead and well his final thoughts are "we can refund you the warranty, but unfortunately there is nothing we can do for you." REALLY?!? three months later and a shitty sales person all the best the manager can do is refund my warranty money? GEEZ I just can't stand to look at his face anymore. So I decided to call Nissan corporate to talk to them about this issue, they said they're going to call the dealership and also call me tomorrow to get back with me on what's going on with my car.

PHEW now that is done.

Thanks for all those who read this
The dealership is "Connell Nissan" in Costa Mesa out here in So Cal.
I'm curious, how much did you pay for the warranty? How is it described on your bill of sale? Was it SecurityPlus, Maintenance Plus, Gold Preferred, Gold, Silver, Bronze?
Old 09-23-2009 | 04:53 PM
jake0212@hotmai

I do change my oil myself, it's just that I got a letter from Nissan / Dealer saying that my next oil change / filter was FREE. So I figured, why not? it's free anyways, they can't knock money off of me. And I figured the squeaky clutch thing had to go. So I took it in. And to answer your question, my warranty was a Used Vehicle Plus Advantage, BUT the brochure they gave me that was supposedly mine was "Gold Preferred" So there is that. Honestly I hope Nissan Corp. Takes care of this for me, my warranty was $1,400, originally 1,789 so I did do some research before hand and talked them into lowering it.
Old 09-23-2009 | 05:03 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Ahhh... you bought it used. Those warranties are not the same as the new car extended service plans that Nissan offers that covers virtually everything (Gold Preferred). It may be a "gold preferred" within its own little world of used car warranties. I'm surprised you would have gotten anything more than just basic mechanical/drivetrain coverage.
Old 09-23-2009 | 05:14 PM
Entaille

so you were suckered in with the free oil change.. and you need to replace a belt for 150$. can you actually see the cracks? you could have been baited. nothing is ever free - there is a reason they want you to bring your car in.
Old 09-23-2009 | 05:29 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

I agree with you being pissed..... But DIY will save you thousands!! Seriously, once you start you wont stop!!
Old 09-23-2009 | 06:37 PM
PerfZ

A word of caution about any extended warranty - read the contract, not the brochure. Scribbling on a brochure does not get you anything, period, its the actual contract that counts. And if it was the sales person, or even worse the finance person, it's not worth the paper it's written on unless the contract says Gold Preferred. Good luck getting NNA to do anything - They are like the river in Egypt - Da Nile.As far as fan belts, why pay a dealer his per hour when your per hour is much cheaper - unless your free time is worth $100/hr, then pay them. I let the dealer touch my new '03 one time other than than a couple of warranty items - the first free oil change and they didn't tighten the drain plug quite tight - no big leak or anything but next time I did it myself and saw oil drippings on the underpan. That was the last time. Besides, if you are under the car doing an oil change, belts are about 30 minutes. And squeaky clutch? Exactly what was squeaking? The pedal, meaning a shot of WD-40 or the equivalent? Or the clutch itself making noise?
Old 09-23-2009 | 06:52 PM
davidv

The warranty that you thought you bought does NOT cover belts. Correct?
Old 09-23-2009 | 07:06 PM
jake0212@hotmai

Okay just got some good news, the manager there decided to give me a call and have me sit down to talk to them tomorrow in the afternoon. Obviously Nissan Corp has called them and gave them some sort of pow-wow on their side. I can't stress it enough on the phone that the manager has said "if I'm not happy with it, they will take the car back along with the warranty. Say hello to the mitsubishi dealers next door for that sweet looking 07 Nismo. But nothing is official yet so we'll wait til the "meeting" tomorrow.
Old 09-23-2009 | 07:53 PM
Elan

Freaking hate dealerships...I avoid them like the plague cause I'm afraid of $hit like that.
Old 09-23-2009 | 08:34 PM
Peebles

Nismos are always nice just make sure you dont get ****ed again. Also i wouldn't buy a extended warrenty. I bought one like you did with my last vehicle. Never had a problem, wasted 1400 bucks.

Last edited by Peebles; 09-23-2009 at 08:37 PM.
Old 09-23-2009 | 09:17 PM
jake0212@hotmai

I bought my last warranty because the car was 38K mi on it and was a bit worry if anything would go down like transmission / engine so bought the warranty, but if I go with the nismo I'd definitely wouldn't get the warranty seeing it as only 11K mi on it.
Old 09-24-2009 | 07:04 AM
VO...
Administrator

VO(nevers purchases the extended warranty)
Old 09-24-2009 | 09:24 AM
Ragingbull350Z

Originally Posted by vthao
Scew warranties. Do all maintenance yourself. If you don't know how, there are plenty of DIY threads on changing oil and belts. Any dealership will try to get you to spend more money....just say NO!

Quick Reply: Some rants :[