Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

What Would You Do?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 07:43 PM
DSLisFREE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adamciya350
When i read the title of this forum, did anyone else immediately think "for a klondike bar?"
Old 11-18-2009, 06:13 AM
TJGILROY

haha....nice
Old 11-18-2009, 06:15 AM
Blck350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have stock cats from an '06 and an '08.... if you need em I'll ship
Old 11-20-2009, 08:55 AM
Darkpath

Yeah - don't sweat it... Carmax will back their mistake I am certain of it. I bought an 06 from Carmax and even though it didn't have brembo brakes or VDC and I asked about them - they advertised and sold it as a GT... Later, I decided to call Nissan with the VIN and they verified what I knew deep down... It WAS a Touring model. Yeah - I felt stupid for not pressing harder at time of sale. But that all evaporated when they cut me a check for the difference. A check which somehow turned into Bassani exhaust and some other extras! It was like magic...
Old 11-20-2009, 09:58 AM
Blu Hvn

Originally Posted by eNdiT
Good news guys, took it to CarMax and they checked out the exhaust - they said it looked like it had cats but, in fact, the "cats" were hollow.

Without any questions they said they were ordering cats from Nissan and will call me as soon as they come in. Very pleased with the service at CarMax. I will post an update once they are installed.

Thanks all
I'd say you are VERY lucky. I imagine most dealers would claim you modified it as soon as you rolled off the lot.
Old 11-21-2009, 10:59 AM
Dunn4life2

Default Your lucky

I know you were able to get your problem fixed for free, which is awesome. Another cheaper way for anyone who comes across this problem is to simply fit spark plug fowlers in your O2 sensors. This may not work in all states, but i know that it does work in mass. All of the emissions tests are done using the cars ecu, no sniffer anymore. What this basically means is that if you do not have a check engine light, you will pass emissions. This is coming straight from a friend who performs vehicle inspections in mass. Im not saying this is the best way to go, just the cheapest. The fowlers pretty much just confuse your ecu into thinking that your O2 sensors are getting proper readings.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:46 AM
I DTW I

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lol it's totally not a big deal having no cat, all the modified cars you see out on the street don't have a cat either.

Lol "illegal exhaust" Don't Worry no cops are gonna notice unless you have to do vehicle inspections.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:21 AM
JEKL

Originally Posted by I DTW I
Lol "illegal exhaust" Don't Worry no cops are gonna notice unless you have to do vehicle inspections.
I know a chit load of people out in CA that would beg to differ and have the tickets to prove it.