Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Nissan Preferred-Roadside-Gold Preferred Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2003, 01:13 PM
kbomb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nissan Preferred-Roadside-Gold Preferred Questions

I just got my warranty. It doesn't say much what if covers other than mechanical breakdown. It does say alot on roadside assistance which i dont care about. Am i missing anything else that is suppose to come with the Security-plus Warranty. I paid a lot for it so Im thinking of just cancelling this stupid thing.

Any suggestions
Old 10-17-2003, 05:42 PM
keiffer953

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should have received a brochure with the whole list of things covered. If not drop by a dealer and they'll give you one.
Old 10-17-2003, 06:52 PM
kbomb

Thanks Kieffer.
All I got is this service agreement envelope and pamphlet thats no more than 10 pages. The plan type says Nissan Preferred-Roadside-Gold Preferred.The covered part states on one line only for mechanical breakdown and the rest is about roadside assistance. On the back theres like 2 cutout cards for roadside assistance. Is this the brochure? I think this warranty is piece of crap for the amount money i paid.
Old 10-17-2003, 07:05 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Default Re: Nissan Preferred-Roadside-Gold Preferred Questions

Originally posted by kbomb
I just got my warranty. It doesn't say much what if covers other than mechanical breakdown. It does say alot on roadside assistance which i dont care about. Am i missing anything else that is suppose to come with the Security-plus Warranty. I paid a lot for it so Im thinking of just cancelling this stupid thing.

Any suggestions
If I am not mistaken, the security plus warranty is the Theft Warranty. Is that correct?

If it is the theft warranty, then you SOL, it is non-cancelable.
The tire warranty is also non-cancelable.

I found out the hard way, the dealer told me all (3) warranties were cancelable but guess what when I tried to cancel the tire and theft warranty. Non-canceable.

So read the fine print carefully and don't trust the finance person at the dealership.

Wife was in a hurry to get back to work and we agreed to all (3) warranties. I asked if they were cancelable and the finance guy said yes. Guess I shoulda read the fine print before signing.

Buyer Beware!
Old 10-17-2003, 07:28 PM
kbomb

The title says Security+Plus/ vehicle protection plan. The main thing it says it covers is in case of Mechanical Breakdown of part(S) due to faulty material or workmanship. It doesn't say any thing specific after that. THere is a long list of what it doesn't cover though...lol
Old 10-22-2003, 06:15 AM
kbomb

I just returned my extended warranty. Does anyone know if I can choose to get it later from Nissan? Sales manager said I can't buy it again and Im stuck with the warranty that came with the car only....is this true?
Old 10-22-2003, 06:39 AM
abstrakt

hey kbomb, i changed my extended warranty from the initial one that i had bought so it's possible. i think it depends on the dealer and if he's a dick or not...also, the brochure that i got w/my warranty is more detailed than what you describe. i goes into each and every area that is covered and then breaks it down some more saying what is and isn't covered. i could fax it to you tomorrow if you'd like.
Old 10-22-2003, 06:50 AM
kbomb

Thanks Abstrakt but I dont have a fax number tho.
Mine only had a paragraph or so with the covered part. It said due to mechanical breakdown.

Can you post me a pic of the page that it covered and the cover?

I think the guy was just trying to keep the money for dealer...I read some other posts on here that you could get it later but wasn't sure. Now im hoping they will return the money to me instead of the bank. On the return receipt it says make check payable to me...