Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

What's my 350Z worth?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 05:14 PM
1GR8350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will get back to you in PM. I'm at work and don't have time to do any research
Old 12-08-2009, 05:34 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Fairly Z
Keep in mind this is all new equipment.

Each amp sells for $1,000 from authorized dealers, $750 from unauthorized (no warranty)

Each sub sells for $189 authorized, $129 unauthorized.

About six hours of labor, some 3/4" MDF, some pollyfill, black vinyl and a solid 1/8" sheet of brushed aluminum went into the box. Normally we'd charge around $800 for an enclosure like this, in a customer's vehicle.

Make me an offer.
It's only worth something to someone who knows that specific equipment, and it's worth very little to most of the buying population who does not appreciate its value and could care less. The majority of buyers want stock.

--Spike
Old 12-08-2009, 10:05 PM
MikeBit

Where on earth did you get that front bumper? I'm trying to find it online but I can't. How much is it? That's so beautiful damn!
Old 12-09-2009, 08:24 AM
I DTW I

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's cause your car has been modded, I don't think people want to buy a modded car.

If I was shopping for a Z though, I wouldn't mind those mods because that car looks hot!
Old 12-09-2009, 09:09 AM
Brandon26pdx

Heavily modded is often a sticking point. The more mainstream potential buyers who just want a dependable car always prefer them as unmolested as possible. Auto is no biggie if your're trying to appeal to a broad audience...only the hardcore car guys will be turned off by that.

FWIW, I've had my car up recently too and I can honestly say I've never had this much trouble selling a well-priced car. And mine's stock with stupid low miles. I'm not hurried to sell so it's not that big a deal. I imagine its a combination of the season, the bad economy, and the fact that it's not a car that appeals much to the masses of "sensible shoes" buyers to begin with. (Check out of the deals around on S2000's...those are even worse!)
Old 12-09-2009, 09:14 AM
Fairly Z

Originally Posted by MikeBit
Where on earth did you get that front bumper? I'm trying to find it online but I can't. How much is it? That's so beautiful damn!
It's the Stillen Type II. Go to stillen.com, you'll find it.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:16 AM
Fairly Z

Originally Posted by Spike100
It's only worth something to someone who knows that specific equipment, and it's worth very little to most of the buying population who does not appreciate its value and could care less. The majority of buyers want stock.

--Spike
That's why selling the audio separately doesn't really appeal to me. If I must, I'll sell the car without the audio, but if I can't get the right price for the audio itself I'll just keep it. I've got a new Corvette that would benefit from this stuff.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:09 PM
duro78

Wrong time to be selling a car. Dealerships are ghost towns during the winter months so private sales will most likely reflect the same. Its hard selling car privately for a large sum of money.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:44 PM
sssmasss

we are in recession right now and u are selling a used car that only worth roughly 17k in the market and ur asking price is 22k due to ur mods.. i understand that is a lot of investment... but a car is a transportation. not an investment.. it will lose its value with time...i think u should take the mod out and sell it separately or lower ur asking price... but if u have time.. then just wait.. post a bunch of ads .. someone eventually will buy it...i bought my Z roadster 2006 pearl white for only 20k and it is a touring model.. from ur seats.. i gues it is either a track or enthu...and it is an automatic too.. hard to sell... cuz ppl only want mannual... make them feel like a man.. haha but i like automatic... anywyas...wait for the summer or spring...it is the best time..
Old 12-09-2009, 02:47 PM
sssmasss

one more thing...

user value and exchange value are different....

it might worth alot to u..<<<some of the mod

but useless to the rest of the ppl.....

not many appreciate what u have in ur car... especially the audio sys... sorry...
Old 12-09-2009, 03:57 PM
prnstr40

your car is in the blue book for a little over 16k and your asking almost 25k in your auto-trader ad? i think its obvious why your not getting much action with that. i think most people would say to them selves - for another 4 grand i can get a 370.

people are getting into HRs for 18-19k. 22k is just way too much for a non-FI 06 350 IMO, no matter how much sick audio gear is stuffed in it. also, 4k worth of audio is way over the top for 95 percent of your market. also i think lack of interest on this board may be due to the auto trans.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:41 PM
cubs4worldseris

idk if this helps, but i got my auto 2003 touring in Feb of this year for 13k. it was completely stock and had 25k miles on it. So I'd say 15-17k would be a fair price for your car at this time.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:06 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

That's why selling the audio separately doesn't really appeal to me. If I must, I'll sell the car without the audio, but if I can't get the right price for the audio itself I'll just keep it. I've got a new Corvette that would benefit from this stuff.
I think you are missing my point.

For sure if you have another car where you can install the A/V stuff, that’s what you want to do instead of trying to sell the stuff.

Selling the components individually and outside the car is never easy. It’s used A/V gear that probably has been updated by the manufacturer. Used A/V equipment that is outside the car and getting dusty never gets the best price. Retail outlets are discounting heavily these days, and that’s for new equipment still in the “shrink-wrapped” box. You have good equipment, but it won’t sell competitively against new equipment that is discounted and has a warranty.

--Spike
Old 12-10-2009, 11:54 AM
Brandon26pdx

I never had much trouble at all selling lightly used car audio equipment. Just have to be a little realistic on what you can ask for it. 60-70% of new cost isnt unreasonable IMO
Old 12-10-2009, 12:07 PM
b00b00

Start by putting the stock front bumper on, and taking the spoiler off. Alot of people look at that, but there is "some" that like the taste. The stereo you should take it out, because you wont even get half of the $$ back.

It will be harder since its an Auto. I would drop it to $16k

I have a 2003 Track model with navigation, and 65k miles. I was trying to sell that for $11,800 when LOW blue book was $13,500, and I steal never sold it. I just decided to keep it.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:15 AM
sssmasss

my bad post the wrong 370z link but anyways there is a 370z selling for 17k right now..

Last edited by sssmasss; 12-15-2009 at 12:29 AM.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:56 AM
Fairly Z

Originally Posted by Spike100
I think you are missing my point.

For sure if you have another car where you can install the A/V stuff, that’s what you want to do instead of trying to sell the stuff.

Selling the components individually and outside the car is never easy. It’s used A/V gear that probably has been updated by the manufacturer. Used A/V equipment that is outside the car and getting dusty never gets the best price. Retail outlets are discounting heavily these days, and that’s for new equipment still in the “shrink-wrapped” box. You have good equipment, but it won’t sell competitively against new equipment that is discounted and has a warranty.

--Spike
Actually it is all new equipment, it hasn't been updated by the manufacturer. The amplifiers were released onto the market no more than three months ago. No, none of it is "shrink-wrapped" in a box but the difference in price justifies the purchase, especially considering it all does carry a warranty because I can write you a receipt because I'm an authorized dealer.

Last edited by Fairly Z; 12-15-2009 at 04:58 AM.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:22 PM
Mike@Blackline
Banned

Do you think 18k is a reasonable asking price for the car without the audio? I'd leave the other aftermarket bits like the front bumper and wing, the wheels and the Python 990.
i think it is. but to be honest, people are saying 16s for our 2006 base/enth/etc (basically not touring)
I know the price of that stillen bumper, paint, and labor, plus the same for the wing. i think 18 would be fair, if i was shopping for a Z id offer you 17,200-17,600. im the kind of guy willing to pay for quality

heres a thread i started:
https://my350z.com/forum/buying-leas...50z-worth.html

to be 110% honest, and i know you dont want to hear this, but i think its because its an auto. my 2nd 350z was a white (aftermarket paint) auto touring, the frost interior, and of all the cars ive owned, it took the longest to sell of any of them. auto sport cars seem to have a hard time.
the way I look at it is someone who wants and is seeking to buy an auto, is probably an older person (no offense to anyone!) or someone who is looking for a Z with a low budget and will take what they can get (a kid). that being said, a kid cant afford a 2006, and an older person isn't going to appreciate or want the body modifications; they'll probably want close to stock.

So i think thats where you stand. sorry for being so long-winded
Old 01-01-2010, 03:30 PM
nelson83099

I think you are going to have to sit on the car for a few more months honestly. Keep it on the market but go hard into selling it like march just in time for spring and summer. Best time i would think. I had my car up since Oct. and no real hits because of time of year(unless someone buying it to do a complete project and want it ready for summer). So until then my car is sitting in the garage staying warm and clean. Good luck with the sale though.

This car is always up and the audio shop on Rte 25 right? if not very similar.
Old 01-01-2010, 04:11 PM
Fairly Z

Originally Posted by nelson83099
I think you are going to have to sit on the car for a few more months honestly. Keep it on the market but go hard into selling it like march just in time for spring and summer. Best time i would think. I had my car up since Oct. and no real hits because of time of year(unless someone buying it to do a complete project and want it ready for summer). So until then my car is sitting in the garage staying warm and clean. Good luck with the sale though.

This car is always up and the audio shop on Rte 25 right? if not very similar.
Yes, that's the one.

I have opted to sit on it, just as you have suggested. I'd rather do that then accept a few nickles and some pocket lint. The car's on a lift, freshly detailed, up and out of the way until the Spring.

I'm very much enjoying my Corvette.

Quick Reply: What's my 350Z worth?