2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

My personal review of both CinCity Designs & Clearcorners.com

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 11:03 AM
calin
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Goo$e
I WAS WAITING FOR YOU TO POST!!! After reading what happen to you plus what RickDogg said. Lesson learned and posted up for others to see so we can at least help them not do business with CCD.

Ya I sure learned my lesson by dealing with them. Those pictures you posted in the first post are probably the sickest looking 06+ lights I've ever seen. Clearcorners did an awesome job on those!!
Old 01-10-2010, 11:09 AM
Goo$e
Banned

Originally Posted by calin
Ya I sure learned my lesson by dealing with them.
Calin, can you post a direct link of what happened to you (your thread) in here as well?
Old 01-10-2010, 11:17 AM
Blackheart

HO-LY SH1111T! Those are some @ss kicking lights! Glad everything came out great from clearcorners! God I want some of those.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:18 AM
calin
Banned

Calin, can you post a direct link of what happened to you (your thread) in here as well?
https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2008-n...customers.html

I just finished reading your original post. Sorry to hear about all the crap you went through with Nic. It's just funny that everything you wrote about Nic and CCD is 100% true because I went through the exact same thing with them. Nic has no idea how to run a business, much less dealing with customers. After I told him about all the tiny cracks in my headlights, he told me to try to get some new OEM lights through my insurance . After months of arguing with him, he told me to send my lights back and he would replace my lenses with some new '08 lenses. But after all the crap I've been through with them, there was no way in hell I would ever let anyone from Cincity touch my lights again so I refused to send him my lights and just took it as a lesson learned. If anyone on here is thinking about getting your lights done by CCD, I would strongly encourage you to do a bit of research on them on this forum. They've screwed over way too many customers on here, which is why they're no longer a sponsor. Damn I wish I would have gone to Clearcorners instead

Last edited by calin; 01-10-2010 at 11:20 AM.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:23 AM
3FIDDYZED

Originally Posted by Crom
Mike throws it down - I would trust no other - looks good btw
+1... I got Tony's (worldfamousz) ones on my car, when he sold them to me, he got Mike to do a refurb and then shipped them over to me, lights are amazing quality and I have had no issue with the lights.. when I came to fit there were differences between the UK and the US version to do with the auto leveling... I called Mike and he was amazingly helpful on both email and on the phone.. something I wouldnt have really expected considering this was a used item I had purchased and something he wasnt making any money out of....

Top guy and comes highly recommended... price is high, but you get what you pay for and his after sales service is just great :thumbs: top fella
Old 01-10-2010, 11:54 AM
Goo$e
Banned

Originally Posted by calin
https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2008-n...customers.html

I just finished reading your original post. Sorry to hear about all the crap you went through with Nic. It's just funny that everything you wrote about Nic and CCD is 100% true because I went through the exact same thing with them. Nic has no idea how to run a business, much less dealing with customers. After I told him about all the tiny cracks in my headlights, he told me to try to get some new OEM lights through my insurance . After months of arguing with him, he told me to send my lights back and he would replace my lenses with some new '08 lenses. But after all the crap I've been through with them, there was no way in hell I would ever let anyone from Cincity touch my lights again so I refused to send him my lights and just took it as a lesson learned. If anyone on here is thinking about getting your lights done by CCD, I would strongly encourage you to do a bit of research on them on this forum. They've screwed over way too many customers on here, which is why they're no longer a sponsor. Damn I wish I would have gone to Clearcorners instead
I read your original post as well just to take another look at those tiny cracks in your headlights. Looks like the season of winter is in your headlights.

Last edited by Goo$e; 05-19-2010 at 06:28 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:17 PM
ARMSTRONGARMS

Nic promised me a set of 06+ lights about 3 years ago, i still havent seen them LOL. I just gave up and chalked it up to it will come back and bite him in the ***! Well, 2Dah.......
Old 01-10-2010, 12:22 PM
calin
Banned

^ biggest douchebag ever
Old 01-10-2010, 07:08 PM
350zfan1

BUMP this thread up!!!

Guess the old saying is true "you get what you pay for".

Need to save some cash for this mod it seems more than worth it.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:38 AM
Goo$e
Banned

Originally Posted by 350zfan1
BUMP this thread up!!!

Guess the old saying is true "you get what you pay for".

Need to save some cash for this mod it seems more than worth it.
Haha, thanks. Need to keep this thread up to keep everybody educated .
Old 01-11-2010, 11:41 AM
chinabean

clearcorners does a clean *** job man, looks good
Old 01-11-2010, 03:42 PM
PGT313

Same sh*t happened with me. The first time i had a nightmare with another company, so i went to CCD with brand new headlights thinking they would understand. My story is exactly like yours except i'm still driving with them, blinking LED's and all. He says i can send them back, but never again would i go through that hell. Not to mention these lens can only be opened once without making damage. This story is so drawn out and horrible i don't even feel like typing it anymore. I also had marked my headlight when sending it back in to replace the blinking LEDs. I received someone else's old headlight instead of my brand new one. (guts swapped for no reason???) ughh i have to stop thinking about it now!!! grrrrrr

Congrats on the new headlights they look great!
Old 01-11-2010, 03:54 PM
dkmesa350z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had similar issues with Lightwerkz.

But why did clearcorners take so damn long??
Old 01-11-2010, 04:07 PM
Goo$e
Banned

Originally Posted by PGT313
Same sh*t happened with me. The first time i had a nightmare with another company, so i went to CCD with brand new headlights thinking they would understand. My story is exactly like yours except i'm still driving with them, blinking LED's and all. He says i can send them back, but never again would i go through that hell. Not to mention these lens can only be opened once without making damage. This story is so drawn out and horrible i don't even feel like typing it anymore. I also had marked my headlight when sending it back in to replace the blinking LEDs. I received someone else's old headlight instead of my brand new one. (guts swapped for no reason???) ughh i have to stop thinking about it now!!! grrrrrr

Congrats on the new headlights they look great!
Damn man sorry to hear. Please find time and write up in full detail what happened to you. Others need to hear. I find it very stress relieving to type out everything what happened. TYPE OUT YOUR FRUSTRATION!!!

Originally Posted by dkmesa350z

I almost went with Lightwerkz after the CCD crap. Glad I didn't.

I told him he could take a long time. Didn't matter to me.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:25 PM
old_s13

Originally Posted by dkmesa350z

While I appreciate the compliments guys, I've understand its no fun being on the opposite end of the stick. Honest truth is, it sucks to read that so many people have had negative experiences with the other guys out there.

All I can say is this, when the new Z debut'ed back in 2003 -- my company was the first to offer products for the Z33 platform. In fact, we've offered products for all the NISSAN/Datsun sportscars..... Z32...... Z31....... S30.... S130...... R32/33/34/35....... S13/14/15.............. you name it.

Its 2010 now and we've got goodies for the G37 Coupe & Sedan, as well as secret plans for the 370Z which are presently undergoing prototype development. In fact, R&D for the 370Z lights has been going on for about 1 year now.

Its not easy to run a small shop and keep your customers happy. If theres any advice I can give you guys, is to exercise caution when modifying your car. Careful who you trust with your car and with its parts. Its very easy to receive sub-par service. While I will admit that turn around time is slow (at times, very slow), I'll be damned if anyone out there offers a more detailed, higher quality product.

And to Goose, thanks for the opportunity to build you a very, very special pair of headlights.

Mike / ClearCorners.Com

Last edited by old_s13; 01-11-2010 at 06:18 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:07 PM
Goo$e
Banned

Damn straight. Amen. Thanks again Mike. I will def be back to get my taillights done and some other things I saw that might interest me as well.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:26 PM
speedraver2

Clearcorners.com FTMFGDW! Still lovin' my headlights on my g35 coupe for the last 2.5 years and still pluggin' away! (^_^)
Old 01-12-2010, 03:49 PM
Goo$e
Banned

Originally Posted by speedraver2
Clearcorners.com FTMFGDW! Still lovin' my headlights on my g35 coupe for the last 2.5 years and still pluggin' away! (^_^)
I can't wait to get my car back so I can enjoy it and finally drive it after almost 1.5 years.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:53 PM
east1999bt

Mike @ clearcorners is doing some of the best work on light mods around the net. by best i mean top quality OEM level at a high price. There's a good reason mercedes charges more than ford for a 4 door sedan.

I've personally had 2 different cars lights modded by mike and he's never failed to deliver a quality product. No long term issues at all with almost 20k+ miles of using the mod's on my 350z.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:32 PM
Goo$e
Banned

Originally Posted by east1999bt
Mike @ clearcorners is doing some of the best work on light mods around the net. by best i mean top quality OEM level at a high price. There's a good reason mercedes charges more than ford for a 4 door sedan.

I've personally had 2 different cars lights modded by mike and he's never failed to deliver a quality product. No long term issues at all with almost 20k+ miles of using the mod's on my 350z.
Very good to know. Just makes me that much more happier.

Quick Reply: My personal review of both CinCity Designs & Clearcorners.com