Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

FX45 Engine in 350Z?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2003, 06:28 PM
Conceyted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not trying to start any more ****, but the more I read pure temple's recent posts the more respect I loose for him...
Pure, whats with the attitude towards everyone lately.
Old 11-03-2003, 07:13 PM
Paul_BB_Guy

My Personal Opinion:
Engine Swaps - Nifty for the most part. I mean, there's a guy out there that put an LT1 in a Chevette. He had to cut the frame and basically tear the car apart to make it happen but he did it and it works. It's goofy and impractical but I tip my hat to him for the skill involved to get it done.

A V8 in a 350z? Again, nifty but purists will say that changing the engine to a V8 completely changes the car into something else. Regardless it makes it a WICKED ride, even though it's no longer a "real" Z.

Where do you draw the line though? I would say it's a matter of opinion. If you throw a Supercharger onto a 350Z is it still a real Z? Yeah, it's the same engine for the most part but is it a real Z?

Again, my PERSONAL opinion is that putting a turbo or SC on a 350Z keeps it truer to a Z then swapping the engine out completely.

If finances were limitless, would I put a V8 in a 350Z? Probably not. I'd bolt on an SC and probably work on putting a monster V8 into an old Muscle car but that's just me...

PureRumble - Bro, you've got to work on your diplomacy. Not everyone thinks like you do, man.
Old 11-04-2003, 12:09 PM
etx

"BTW, the 240SX had a truck engine. That 2.4L was the same they put in a few other Nissans, and that ****er was bullet-proof, completely reliable, nice & torquey for a 4, and anyone who doesn't think that was a sports car never saw one hang with a 300zx turn for turn...."

Mitsu put the 4g63 in thier small pickup trucks back in the day too. Someone swaped in a turbo 4g63, I saw a video if it. funny as hell!
Old 11-04-2003, 03:09 PM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Dissident
Why not go for this instead?
because it physicaly wouldn't fit.
Old 11-04-2003, 03:45 PM
fred280zx

I am a member of another forum called hybridz.org and thats all they do. post something there and they would help you a lot. best of luck i would love to see it!
Old 11-04-2003, 03:55 PM
fred280zx

Sorry not to advertize for other sites, but these guys are realy helpfull and know what they are doing. I accualy think this has been brought up a couple of months ago on thier site. I even remember a post about a swap for the titan eng. crazy
I would love to see someone do this. It would be awsome.
Old 11-04-2003, 04:24 PM
rouxeny

I think it's a great idea, I hope somebody does it.

There is already a Z with a GTR engine in it floating around in Japan somewhere.

The "purity" of the car argument is bogus. If you follow that logic, you shouldn't be changing the exhaust, intake, seats, or exterior at all.
Old 11-05-2003, 01:12 PM
Dissident

Originally posted by Mike Wazowski
because it physicaly wouldn't fit.
Please don't clutter the issue with facts! j/k

This is like a bad brainstorming session for Monster Garage.. "Hey, let's make a 350Z that's also a locomotive. Oh, no, wait! No, a hovercraft! No, wait!..."
Old 11-05-2003, 01:50 PM
Mikestro

Originally posted by Dissident
Please don't clutter the issue with facts! j/k

This is like a bad brainstorming session for Monster Garage.. "Hey, let's make a 350Z that's also a locomotive. Oh, no, wait! No, a hovercraft! No, wait!..."
I want a deep was submersion kit for my Z like the one they have for the Hummer. Just raise the intake and exhaust to roof levels and make sure the doors seal up real tight. I want to be able to forge medium size creek beds in my Z.
Old 11-09-2003, 01:38 PM
Hasemi fan

Originally posted by erock
There's a guy on acura-cl.com that upgraded his 3.2L to a MDX 3.5L..... I don't think it was a full on swap, I think it was just the bottom end or something like that....
I think I know the guy you're talking about. I think what he did though was to bore out a Honda Odyssey's engine to 3.5L so in the end his engine is a mix of CL Type-S, and Odyssey.

I wanted to swap a CL-S engine and 6 speed tranny into my '01 Accord V6 but the cost was to much for me to handle. I have a friend that is doing this swap now though.

Personally I'd love to see a V8 swapped into a Z
Yeah it's kinda Frankenstein but I think more people would be impresed by the n/a power of your engine than the loss of Z heritage.

Imagine opening your hood and seeing this...

Oh the goosebumps.