Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

What are you guys 'honest' opinions on this?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2002, 11:30 PM
MSOsr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered Daytona Blue and I kind of like the break with the shiny metal matching up with the wheels. The photoshopped version looks kind of plain. This is a sports car !!!!
Old 05-29-2002, 11:45 PM
Jill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i love the silver door handles - i think it makes the car look sexy and clean! black would be way to plain with the car, and matching would also be too plain. i'll be keeping them the way they are...
Old 05-30-2002, 12:02 AM
ColecatZ

I kept the handles in mind when I ordered. I think they do stand out on the darker colors, but the accents help them blend with the wheels and the kickplates.

I ordered silverstone, hoping it would be dark enough to draw out the handles, wheels, kickplates, and emblems. I'll pull it all together with mirrored out window tint and eventually the graphite polished rims.....should be a pretty clean, classy theme while maintaining an aggressive edgy feel to it that I think all sprts cars should have. (although I'm sure some would disagree that silverstone isn't a very sporty color for a sportscar I think it will look menacing when it is done)

Double layering the window film gets expensive but an initial layer of metalized 35% followed with a standard 35% black film (high quality) is perfect for what I want.....in direct sunlight it doesn't appear "AS" illegal as you can see sillhouettes inside the car. When it is cloudy or overcast though it is a different story....like looking in the bathroom mirror. GREAT security for stereo and mod junkies (AFC's, Boost controllers, radar detectors, )

The tint will match the handles and also brings out the black trim around the windows and black door pillar.

I guess I have too much time to plan all this out, huh. This wait is excrutiating, but seems easier lately than it did right after I ordered it; atleast until we started seeing more colors and pics.

I have pics of the tint on my Z32 if anyone is interested, I may be able to dig them up.

-Cat
Old 05-30-2002, 12:23 AM
ncrecordkeeper

I stand somewhere in the middle. Yes, it does break up the flowing lines and seems like an add-on. However, I think Nissan was looking for something with detail. They do pull together thewheels and other parts of the car and provide spots of unique detail to the car. I think I'll have to wait till I see it on my sunset to really tell if it looks ingeneous or terribly out of place.
Old 05-30-2002, 12:25 AM
Z CRAZY
Charter Member #67

Originally posted by exsilio
I cant' say I agree with the black door handle call...but here is what it would look like. I think the chrome is the better choice. Black looks cheap, I think the chrome is more fitting with the style and attitude of the car.
Yup, black is not the answer. I guess the Nissan engineers went through this discussion as well at some point.

The aluminum look handles look nice. Thanks Nissan!
Old 05-30-2002, 03:00 AM
RainmanZ

Default I vote metallic door handles.

I would not change the handles at all. I think they go perfectly with the Silverstone color. Also , I plan to obtain those matching RAYS wheels . Soooo. FINE.

Old 05-30-2002, 04:31 AM
blackSunshine
Charter Member #84

I generally don't like chrome anything on cars... but I've liked the handles the way they are on all the pics I've seen so far. Hopefully they won't stand out too much on my black.... I really don't think the door handles are the part of the car that should draw the most attention.

Or maybe they should, I mean what if it's night? I might not be able to find the door handles if they're black too, I'd be stuck.
Old 05-30-2002, 05:09 AM
dvlad

tough choice. It really doesn't bother me to much. But after seeing the new photoshoped pics...i think the body color door handle has a more elegant look.

exsilio, not to get off topic here, but would it be possible for you to take a pic of the chrome silver car and put the amber turn signal on the mirror?

If an aftermarket company develops something like this i might buy one. heres what i'm thinking of..

thanks
Old 05-30-2002, 05:26 AM
BrianZ

With the styling of this car you can go either way: chrome or body color. I would agree with the previous post that black looks cheap.
Old 05-30-2002, 08:09 AM
In2Gems
Charter Member #42

Default You are right

I was suprised to see how many people agree with you
on disliking a feature they kept from the concept car.

ordered the chrome silver for other reasons but its a nice benifit
for the handles to match.
Old 05-30-2002, 09:16 AM
brackethead

Now that I think about it, the silver door handle does kind of stick out like a sore thumb on the Daytona. I think it will be a similar deal on Black and Brickyard, the darker colors. Not sure if it will blend in on my Silverstone or not.

I'm just glad Nissan didn't succumb to the "fake race car aluminum gas cap syndrome" -- a/k/a "I can copy Audi" -- like on the latest Eclipse.
Old 05-30-2002, 09:31 AM
Rxramon
Charter Member #45

Hey can we do a vote.. showing the 3 images... I would like to see the stats.

Thanks
Old 05-30-2002, 10:31 AM
350zpower

The door handles absolutely rock. It sets the car apart from other cars on the road, and gives it an edgy and aggressive flavor.

The car sure as hell isn't going to conform to the typical Luxury and sport car soft lines. This car is fat, mean, and its coming straight at you. The door handles excentuate this.
Old 05-30-2002, 11:06 AM
john0213

it stands out a bit too much on blue, since blue is a very sporty colour, but i really like it. Instead, the chrome handle adds a feeling to the car............yes, it's about classic, it's more classic to have a chrome handle, and that's the specialty of the car, u can't really find any other cars that have a chrome handle(i'm talking about non-electroplating one). And as i imagine the chrome handle on the brickyard and black, i think it will be a lot better than the blue, since brickyard and black can give u a luxury feeling and with the chrome handle breaking the line, it stands out so much that it looks luxury more than sporty.(ever seen a black car with a electroplating handle like the Mercedez S class? that will do the same effect~)
Old 05-31-2002, 07:09 AM
BILZ Z

I'm getting Black and I think the door handles will look great ... if they stay shiny. From what I understand, they are made of PLASTIC. You'd think that Nissan could splurge for the extra 300 grams of weight and make them out of aluiminum. My fear is that the plastic will fade, break and everything else bad that happens to cheap, I hope not, plastic.
Old 05-31-2002, 07:18 AM
pekkle
Charter Member #20

sorry if this is stupid, but where did you hear that they were made of plastic?

Quick Reply: What are you guys 'honest' opinions on this?