Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

What are you guys 'honest' opinions on this?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2002, 08:25 PM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What are you guys 'honest' opinions on this?

First, something we can all agree upon, The new 350Z is AWESOME, PERIOD!
But, after viewing all these new incredible looking colors, (which I also like the ones we've seen so far) in my honest opinion, the 'Chrome/Alluminum-Look door handle, breaks up the beautiful and smooth lines on the 'solid-colored' cars, i.e. Blue & Brickyard. And I'm sure this will hold true on all shades except for 'Chrome Silver' and possibly White (due to white being bright like chrome). Now this is just my opinion people, and some if not most of you might actually like the handle to stand out (it would be a first in the sports car arena). But that's why I started this thread, to get your "Honest Opinions" about this.

Example:
Old 05-29-2002, 08:26 PM
TXSTYLE
Banned

And Chrome Silver! The handles subtley blend in.
Old 05-29-2002, 08:33 PM
gibbsy1
Charter Member #33

I like the contrast. It does break up the color, but that doesn't bother me. It looks like the handles will have a good shine to them. Now, if they had a dull, plastic-like look to them, I would have a problem. But I like the nice chrome shine.

Dave
Old 05-29-2002, 08:51 PM
Flyingscot

I could go either way so is there anyone out there who can do some photoshop magic on the blue image and then place them side by side.
Old 05-29-2002, 08:52 PM
HouZton

Now that you brought it up, I think the handle breaks up the color and lines of the car. It would look better if it were color matched to the car.

I ordered Chrome Silver so the silver handle works for me.

Greg
Old 05-29-2002, 08:57 PM
Rxramon
Charter Member #45

Cool

gibbsy1 - Good points
TX - Your right TOO

Perfection is contrast and making something perfect takes some type of contrast that others may view as imperfection.

Me I suggest silver, white, or Black (I’m a super black man myself).
With the 7 spoked wheels, it should match pretty well.

The cut lines for the handles are pretty big, but who cares?
If you take them off, you might as well have bought an Audi, Boxster, or Lexus! If you want something to talk about… Talk about how there were no previous full car pictures of the spoiler, and NISSAN didn’t lets us down with that! I don’t think the designers would have let the handles be produced if it didn’t look hot!

I was showing my friend who knows nothing about cars some of Jeff’s pics, and he said, “I can see why you like the car so much, the rear looks like a hot chicks rump” (no offense intended). Yet, he is ever so true… it’s a hot chick of a car…

Point to be taken… the handles just enhances the ruggedness and doesn’t take away from its sexy looks. None the less it was a good question to ask... Im interested in what others have to say!
Old 05-29-2002, 09:09 PM
Mez jr

well yeah i did have a small problem with them... they do break up the flow, and they dont seem really attatched to anything, they just seem to float there.

perhaps if they started at the top of the door rather than a couple inches down, or even be on the 'b' pillar as opposed to actually being on the door.

not a deal breaker, but the handles are one of my two pet peeves about the car, the other being the fake dual exhaust. i'd prefer just a single pipe out the back instead of wasted weight of making it a dual setup. neither are deal breakers but hey, nothin's perfect.
Old 05-29-2002, 09:19 PM
Touring6MT_Z
Charter Member #49

Good point. It definitely doesn't look as harmonious as the one on Chrome Silver. Same can be said about the headlight, which break up the continuos color in the front. Color blending and contrasting are both element of good design practice. However, sometime too much blending can turn to boring (same exact color in the car interior) and incorrect contrasting can turn to conflicting. Some color contrast well with other, some are not. I think the aluminum door handle contrast "OK" with the Daytona Blue. At least it match the aluminum wheel. How about the taillight, do you think red contrast well with Daytona Blue. I really don't think so.

Well, I don't have to worry about color matching issue. TXSTYLE, what color did you order?
Old 05-29-2002, 09:19 PM
knihc2008

goes with the chrome shiny in the headlights.

me likey.
Old 05-29-2002, 09:27 PM
azmo

I agree. I feel that that chrome door handles look awkward on the darker colors. I dont think they would look as out of place if they were smaller. I have a feeling that nissan is going to change the styling or the color of the handles to match the body in future models of the Z. If the handles didnt stand out as much i would probably have gone for super black rather than chrome silver. Nevertheless, the car still looks incredible with or without the chrome handles.
Old 05-29-2002, 09:37 PM
irishfan

They'll look great on my Chrome Silver, but they look out of place on the Blue and Brickyard. However, if that's the only thing they got wrong on the exterior, we'll all be very happy.
Old 05-29-2002, 09:53 PM
LowFuel

I actually quite like it. Looking at this photoshopped color matched version, it seems somehow too "plain" now (thanks for posting that exsilio!).

But I can definitely see how this will become a big aftermarket replacement item.
Old 05-29-2002, 09:57 PM
AtlZ

i think it looks much nicer on the photoshopped one. looks cleaner imo. this is why i chose the chrome silver.
Old 05-29-2002, 10:11 PM
Rxramon
Charter Member #45

Exclamation

Good job with Photo!

CLEAN CUT! Sort of looks soft now!

If you like it, it is nice!

But thats not why I bought a Z!
I wonder how nice I can B?

Im not a nice GUY! I bought a Z!
If I was nice I would have bought a TT!

Im too rugged! I bought a Z!
Wait till august, and you'll see!

Why the hell I bought a Z!
Old 05-29-2002, 10:22 PM
Rxramon
Charter Member #45

I tap out!

I would have done it to myself.
Old 05-29-2002, 11:09 PM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Wink

Originally posted by Touring6MT_Z
Good point. It definitely doesn't look as harmonious as the one on Chrome Silver.
Well, I don't have to worry about color matching issue. TXSTYLE, what color did you order?
Chrome Silver 'Performance'! Since I could not get the leather color I wanted (I'll be doing a cusom install of 'Saddle' or Black) and the stereo will be a immediate mod (along with the wheels).
So this subject drew as many comments and thoughts as I anticipated. Nissan obviously opted for such a 'stand-out' option such as this for a reason. And like many of you said, "It's not a deal breaker." I just personally prefer smooth, contrasting lines. I mean they even positioned them vertically, which is a huge 'change' in itself, even if they were color matched.

Last edited by TXSTYLE; 05-29-2002 at 11:12 PM.
Old 05-29-2002, 11:22 PM
Z CRAZY
Charter Member #67

I think they would look better black to match the pillar between the front/rear windows. Let's see a photoshop of that! Anyone?

Black would probably be an improvement on Blue and Brickyard but may not look as nice on the lighter colors (chrome silver just screams for the aluminum look door handles).

Quick Reply: What are you guys 'honest' opinions on this?