Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

No More Brickyards

Old 10-27-2003, 06:52 AM
w mitty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No More Brickyards

As a proud Brickyard owner, I get a number of people who say that they have never seen a Z this color. When I searched for Brickyard threads it seems evident that Nissan made painted very few cars this color before stopping. Why? I have heard some comments that it wasn't well received and others that it was tough to repaint. Anyone know the truth?
Old 10-27-2003, 07:13 AM
kbsig106

Default Love my Brick

The color was easy to match when they repainted my rear bumper (no body damage though).

The color is pretty rare in Jacksonville (NE Florida) - I've only seen 4 total (including mine).

However, I have been on the end of a few jokes about the unusal color - questions like: "Is that doo doo brown" and $hit like that....

No big deal - they're just my drunk friends.
Old 10-27-2003, 07:38 AM
KrazY-2K

Brickyards are fairly common in Albuquerque. I don't live there but everytime I go down there I see at least one brickyard. In fact the other day I saw 2 Brickyard Z's going down the same road! Likely just coincidence.
Old 10-27-2003, 07:51 AM
SungNamZ

Originally posted by KrazY-2K
Brickyards are fairly common in Albuquerque. I don't live there but everytime I go down there I see at least one brickyard. In fact the other day I saw 2 Brickyard Z's going down the same road! Likely just coincidence.
I think I had the 1st. All threee of us must have been on that same street as he or she was going in the opposite direction as me. To the best of my knowledge, 3-4 counting mine in Albuquerque.
Attached Thumbnails No More Brickyards-mod-2-z-pic-8-oct-2003.jpg  
Old 10-27-2003, 07:57 AM
only1

I have the brickyard and I get nothing but good comments. I live near chicago and havent seen 1 brickyard except mine. I have seen about 20 silvers, and a ton of reds.
Old 10-27-2003, 08:16 AM
BrickydZ

Default Brickyard

I own a Brickyard Track and it is best car I have every owned.

I have 4 bricks in my little city of 75k. One is owned by a guy about 100 ft away and 2 more at a building 2 miles away. Considering that they may have made under 2500 of these, how did 4 get here?

I am under the impression that the Brickyard just didnt sell. It didn't get the preorders so they sold out the existing stock, and discontinued it.

What a shame because I believe it to be the most elegant of all the colors.

Also I live in Bloomington IL. How far out of Chicago are you, Only1? N or S, E or W.

thanks

Last edited by BrickydZ; 10-27-2003 at 09:04 AM.
Old 10-27-2003, 09:06 AM
toykilla

i am glad it got cancelled... i hope they dont bring it back!
Old 10-27-2003, 09:31 AM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nissan did not promote the color & the Brick chip sample in promotional materials did not show the true color. The only reason I bought a Brick was I tracked down a Brick Z at the other end of town & went to see it. The color caught my attention because I owned a burgundy Cougar several years back that I loved.

Not to big of a deal, but I'm happy as a clam it was discontinued.
:
Old 10-27-2003, 09:57 AM
sparky3Z

Rumor has it that there is another Brick besides mine here in Tallahassee, but I've yet to see it.

In the 3,900 miles I've driven since July 15 when I got my Brick, I haven't seen any others anywhere.
Old 10-27-2003, 10:52 AM
mcduck

I have been told there is another brick or two roaming around Charlotte, but in 15,000 miles I only have ever seen 2 other Brickyards on the road.

Pulled up right next to a Brick track one afternoon... never saw it again. And I know one person in Spartanburg, SC who has one. Other than that, they're pretty scarce around here. I've seen at least 4 or 5 of all the other colors and a plethora of CS and SS.

I agree the paint chip did not do Brickyard justice for pre-orders. I specifically ordered it because it was one of the rarer colors (dealer had a breakdown of colors ordered up to the point I put in my preorder). Only rarer color, at that time, was PPW and I know they would keep making white Zs.

Though, what I learned when my Nismo kit was painted is that the paint mix is somewhat tricky to mix correctly. More importantly, it consists of 6 colors... two of which are quite expensive... $100+ / quart. Me thinks it was too expensive to offer without a premium. Combine that with the low order numbers and Nissan probably did not see enough profit potential to continue to offer it... even at a premium like LA.

Anyone seen final production figures for each color and/or model yet????
Old 10-27-2003, 11:17 AM
SizongZ

I used to work in a body shop and I've asked a few painters, the AX8 color is a complex color mix and yes the paint is expensive.
The other thing to realize though is that there is no Brickyard in Japan. It was a US only color for some reason. But the Liquid Silver I believe was only a JDM color but now here for only the Convertible.
Don't know why the brickyard didn't sell in japan, but I don't mind it being discontinued.
Old 10-27-2003, 11:56 AM
Boomer

Default Re: No More Brickyards

Originally posted by w mitty
As a proud Brickyard owner, I get a number of people who say that they have never seen a Z this color. When I searched for Brickyard threads it seems evident that Nissan made painted very few cars this color before stopping. Why? I have heard some comments that it wasn't well received and others that it was tough to repaint. Anyone know the truth?
Quite a few Brickyards in OKC Metro, several owners are on this site. I've only seen one here in Norman, but it was a block from my house! Check out brackethead's survey on this site for a sampling of the owners and color macthes here. On the survey, Brickyard sold more than red or white out of an n=450+. Older drivers seemed to pick it more than younger ones.?
Old 10-27-2003, 01:02 PM
SizongZ

Well the Brickyard is a more mature color
Old 10-27-2003, 01:27 PM
sparky3Z

...like a robust aged wine.
Old 10-27-2003, 01:37 PM
w mitty

I appreciate all the posts. Since I started the thread, I will chime back in. I sold my M Roadster to someone who had to have it to buy my Brickyard. I bought the car almost solely for the color but have come to appreciate it for other reasons. I am in Dallas but had to travel to San Marcos (about 300 miles) to get the car. There was not a Brickyard Touring any closer in July 2003. My VIN is in the 20K range, it was manufactured in May 2003 and I would think was probably one of the last Brickyards made.
Old 10-27-2003, 02:38 PM
z33guy

First 350z i ever saw was in brickyard, its a very original color. Too bad its gone
Old 10-27-2003, 02:50 PM
only1

BrickydZ - I live in Darien, just moved out here from Indiana.

I am usually traveling all around the chicagoland area and never see any Brickyards. I love the color, the paint is just amazing, and the only 1 that comes close is the Blue in my opinion. The orange color is nice, but in a few years I think that color will be gone, it seems like more of a trend.

Also, I dont believe that this color is only for the older, unless 24 is old...ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

;-)
Old 10-27-2003, 02:50 PM
jackwhale

Like RatZ, I definitely didn't want a brickyard when I saw the color samples in the brochure. It looked sort of a bland maroon-brown. I was surprised when I finally saw a brickyard car. The color is beautiful addition.

I'm still not a fan of the sunset orange however.
Old 10-27-2003, 03:25 PM
Z ULAYDA

At ZchickZ, we have more Brickyards than any of your towns! It's a beautiful color. Agree totally, like a good Merlot.... If I saw one in person, I would have gotten it. Pre orderd May 01.
Old 10-27-2003, 03:33 PM
Montez

When in LA last week I saw about 8 different ones in a 2 day time frame.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No More Brickyards