Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Funny/dumb first day with car

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 10:39 PM
Meize

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funny/dumb first day with car

Ok so here is my story the first day I buy my 07 z off the Nissan lot.

My dad had to bring me to the lot to pick it up. So he waits for me to sign all of the paperwork and then I'm out of the door like lightning with the biggest smile on my face imaginable.

So I get into my nicely dressed up 350 and start driving home, my dad calls me on the way "hey my boss wants to check out your car" so I say "ok" I'll go show it off, she was looking so sexy so why not?

We get to his house in a secluded neighborhood in Chino Hills, CA (which is hilly of course). So we pull up outside i pull up right behind my dads car, I guess he is so excited he puts the car in park and proceeds to get out.... just one thing, his car starts to roll right towards my car (he said he got out so quick he thought it was in park) so his car rolls back about 3-4 feet and hits my pretty much brand new Z smack dead in the middle of my license plate.... it didn't do any visible damage (except crack that shitty 1 inch thick license plate frame on one side). But damn I had only drove the car 20 miles and something already hits me...... I hope this bad luck wont continue.

Any of you guys have similar stories like this right after you got your Z?
Old 03-11-2010, 10:58 PM
rcarr88

Driving home on the day I bought my Z, it was relatively late at night and on a highway. It was in the middle of nowhere so it was pretty dark, from what I could tell a little black animal comes running from the side of the road. I could barely see it since it was so dark, then bam...I thought i had only hit it with my front tire, but come to find out it had dented the lower section of my front bumper. On day 1!

I got it fixed the next week though, I wasn't going to let my newly purchased car have a dent in it. Some of us just have some bad luck.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:42 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Meize
Old 03-12-2010, 12:01 AM
Guilty1s

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It is a magnet to other cars.

First day driving it home from about 400 miles... and a third of a mile from my house, i hit a few hairs off the tail of a dear. I would have flipped out if i had done anything to it....

Oh yeah.... i have never even seen a dear around my near before! Very residential!
Old 03-12-2010, 03:07 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,284 Likes on 1,646 Posts

I had 4 nails in my lt rear tire when i got to Vegas from Onterio Ca where i picked the car up.
Old 03-12-2010, 05:28 AM
winchman

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was riding home on day one with my first new car in the late '60s, and a truck with garbage cans in the back pulled onto the highway. As it did, the metal lid of an industrial-sized garbage can came off, hit the pavement, and rolled straight into the front of my car. It hit the bumper (it was real metal in those days), and bounced completely over the car from front to back. Scared the crap outa me, but didn't leave a mark on the car.
Old 03-12-2010, 05:40 AM
350Zensokou

i've had 3 hit and runs, eggs thrown at my car, my nismo lmgt4's keyed, as well as my body paint, then i ran over a fresh can on the paint goin like 70 mph getting that ulgy smurf blue all over my car.....all within 1 and a half years of ownership. now thats bad luck. its those haters you have to worry about though. good luck with the new z.
Old 03-12-2010, 05:40 AM
hrmiracle

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
Old 03-12-2010, 06:07 AM
huyrua

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hrmiracle
Old 03-12-2010, 06:07 AM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

O god, I can see hraes drooling already...
Old 03-12-2010, 06:23 AM
Brrcats

Originally Posted by huyrua
Old 03-12-2010, 06:48 AM
Moncada90
Banned

i went from driving an auto for 1 year, back to my MT Z. the first day i got it i parked behind my dads truck. as i was leaving i didn't know u have to push down the shifter to reverse. so i ended up putting it in 6th gear, since i wasn't moving anywhere i thought i need it to give it more gas.... and yeaahhh i went forward and hit my dads truck. nothing happen to my car, but i did leave a 2 in dent on my dads back bumper. (.... until this day he still dont know how he got it.)
Old 03-12-2010, 06:56 AM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

What kind of car does your dad drive? Is the Z in his name?
Old 03-12-2010, 07:04 AM
Meize

He drives a 07 ford crown vic. I guess I'm somewhat lucky because it didn't hit me at an angle and that car is heavy. No its just in my name. I'm glad that i was pretty close to his car when it happened, because if it had more momentum it would have tore up my car.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:42 AM
CrownR426

In for pics or it didn't happen!
Old 03-12-2010, 07:49 AM
LeMans 05

The night I bought my car, I brought it home, and promptly opened the door into a small stack of landscaping bricks I had along the side of my driveway pad. Small chip on the bottom corner of the door. I didn't even own the car 15 minutes yet. I was soooo pissed at myself.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:12 AM
larue582

Not the day I got my car but less than 24 hours... My car sits outside my apt, the night before my boys EVO was sittin out front and got egged. Me not thinkin excited bout my car I decided 2 park out front low and behold I got egged, it removed paint circles all over.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:08 AM
Meize

Damn, whats up with all of the haters? I never even thought of messing with someone elses car just because it was nice, I would just envy the car.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:22 AM
10-E-C-350Z

Run for your life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 03-12-2010, 09:25 AM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Brrcats

Quick Reply: Funny/dumb first day with car