2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Finally Caught Up To Me

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 08:07 PM
Rxramon
Charter Member #45

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Finally Caught Up To Me

After living the fast life and recklessly, I finally wiped out!

I was going down a hill lost control hit the curb spun three times and slid 1000ft into the forest. Wheel broke off, axle damage, and paint chips from debris

I blame this on A) myself B) Stupid sewer covers lining the street i was driving on C) New Front Tires that caused tire hop, and rear tires that were slick!

Now my Z is resting wounded at the collision shop... Could be totaled... YET ANOTHER VICTIM!

and I'm OK...no scratched or bruises just a stif neck....
Old 10-27-2003, 08:16 PM
SweatyPalm

Sorry to hear that. Is your Z....Lemans Sunset??
Old 10-27-2003, 08:40 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sounds like what I did, lost control over a manhole. luckily I took the curb straight on and then did the 360 in a dirt median before landing back onto the street. only damaged the tires and rims for me tho, if my passenger was about 5lbs lighter I think we would have flipped. its scary,

feel for you, I got off easy, when wheels come off and axles break, the cars ussually a goner, and youd better hope it is.
Old 10-27-2003, 08:41 PM
jgraeb01

I was thinking that too ... but they're in different states. :P

Sorry about your loss ... glad you're okay though.
Old 10-28-2003, 04:23 AM
Rxramon
Charter Member #45

its a black touring...

yeah about not flipping, everyone at the scene said it was amazing how I did not flip...

If my wheel did not break off and the rotor and axle did not dig into the ground I wound have flew rather and harder into the woods.....

I' ll go to the body shop this morning and take some pics.
Old 10-28-2003, 07:16 AM
Pit Bull

Glad you are personally OK. Speaks well to the toughness of the Z. Sounds like you will be getting a new Z. Keep us posted.
Old 10-28-2003, 12:46 PM
MadMax76

1000 ft into the forest??? how fast were you going??? Not that I am not glad that you're ok, but don't you think this is the time to grow up. I don't want to preach crap here I think you had a harsh lesson. Just remember it could've been so much worse! The important thing is what you learn from this and that you are ok IMHO.
Old 10-28-2003, 01:00 PM
trash259

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah...what were you doing up there that put you 1000 ft into the forest...drifting?

glad ur ok.
Old 10-28-2003, 01:04 PM
Rxramon
Charter Member #45

Originally posted by MadMax76
I don't want to preach crap here I think you had a harsh lesson. Just remember it could've been so much worse! The important thing is what you learn from this and that you are ok IMHO.
Thanks for the insight... exactly how I feel and exactly what everyone is saying.... I shot myself in the foot on this one.... and will at least live to walk another day. Im lucky I am 100% physically ok and was the only car invloved....

I slid 1000 feet because it was all grassy and wet, unabstructed...
into the front of the forest but did not hit a tree where it came to a rest.

how fast were you going???

Accident report states 70 to 80... I cant remember how fast exactly... I WAS GOING TOO FAST! I've gone faster down that road (its right in front of my apartment) but this time I got tire hop, and just lost control. And I also think I need to GROW UP.... but I keep GROWING UP way too fast at the same time... Its just ironic how some people live a lifetime without being through the adventures I have at the age of 23...

Maybe Growing Up.... is learning how to take life slow and appreciate it more.... I surely was blessed to live and walk away.
Old 10-28-2003, 01:13 PM
Rxramon
Charter Member #45

Originally posted by trash259
yeah...what were you doing up there that put you 1000 ft into the forest...drifting?

glad ur ok.
I was .05 miles from my apartment on my way home from work.... Just driving tooo fast.....

Thanks - Z's body held up nicely... frame may not be bent but the axle is definatley gone.... The nissan collsion team did one exactly like mine but with more body work.... they fixed it....

most of my damage is from spinning and flying off into the brush and the front of the forest... If they total the car... I might be F***ed, because my insurance will skyrocket (but will probably any way...) The only positive thing, is that the value should be @35 and I owe 25... Ill let things fall as they may for the next month....

oh...

If my Exhaust is gone - switch it for nismo...
If my rims are bent - switch it for nismo...
spoiler is bent or scratched - switch it for nismo...
Old 10-28-2003, 01:23 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Sorry about your car, but this is the reason why our insurance rates will go up next year.

If you people want to speed, take it to the track.

My .02
Old 10-28-2003, 03:20 PM
Xeinth

Too many fun roads in Austin.

X
Old 10-28-2003, 05:00 PM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man I'm glad to hear you are OK after all that.

Victor
Old 10-29-2003, 08:41 AM
Rxramon
Charter Member #45

Originally posted by zand02max
Sorry about your car, but this is the reason why our insurance rates will go up next year.

If you people want to speed, take it to the track.

My .02
First accident that is my fault I have been in... (2 previous... 1 guy backed into my car at jiffy lube, 1 fender smashed on the Z when I got back to my car at the mall... I paid the fender fix 800 out of pocket)

zand02max is correct... higher insurance is because people get stupid, thanks for not saying because of "people like me" because, Ill be honest, I speeded recklessly this time, I am 99.9% in control of my speed... Got Stupid this 1 time and have to pay for it....

To all... if you act stupid in your car... something stupid is bound to happen...

"Too many fun roads in Austin." is right...

VIC - Thanks man... Im good and I think my car is 50/50 on if the adjuster is going to total or not... Ironically - Pearl Jam -Im still alive was playing this morning...
Old 10-30-2003, 04:08 PM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

35k? did u have a track model? Was your VDC on?

The Z is really living up to its 5-star safety rating (5 stars in anti-roll as well). Good to see you werent injured and that you learned a lesson (hopefully all of us)
Old 10-30-2003, 04:14 PM
SweatyPalm

My the way, thanks for doing the crash test.
Old 10-31-2003, 06:50 AM
Rxramon
Charter Member #45

Good news...

Not totaled... adjuster and shop said it was bad but no major damage... Mostly a bunch of little things. 6g's is the estimate

36,000 Touring - after tax title and warranty.

and VDC was on. I driven with VDC off going through a hilly rocky area, and could handle it well, but drifting that much will spook you.

5 stars is right... many other cars would have rolled... my windows were up too, if they were down I dont know what would have happened (but I would have slowed down more if they were down)

I had my tires set up with hard fronts and slick backs (I usually love this combo) but on that road on a decline, the little bit of drift going downhilll screwd me!
Old 10-31-2003, 09:19 AM
Mike00

Jeez only 6g's and you lost an axle? My total for my celica when gettign rear ended was 7gs on the other hand it was a truck that hit me from a stop and I had to replace the hatch, back bumper/lights and the left body panel. Still seems like it should be more damage.
Old 10-31-2003, 10:08 AM
droideka

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lucky you that you didn't get hurt. Don't make excuses, just go to the track and learn to drive.
Old 10-31-2003, 10:23 AM
WashUJon

I'm really glad you're ok, dude. I also find it admirable and mature that you admit your mistake and take responsibility for doing something stupid. That's a good start to growing up. Lots of guys aren't man enough to do even just that.

Quick Reply: Finally Caught Up To Me