Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The worst day of my 350z ownership. Hands Down....

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 12:15 PM
NyCSnEaK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Waiting for aforementioned ? OP glad your okay homeboy. Happens to the best of us.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:58 PM
Grip_corners

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I posted everything on page two.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:07 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Grip_corners
Please don't comment on my age, I have been racing vehicles my whole life
How long has that been?
Old 03-16-2010, 02:13 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sick picture capturing the events...
Old 03-16-2010, 02:40 PM
Grip_corners

Well I guess I started with Dirt bikes shortly after walking/running. Then my first Kart, Then it was a mixture of Karts, and Dirt-bikes. Then since 17 I try and hit every Autocross I can and get 1-2 track days per year. In between reading as much literature written on the art of driving as I can. I am turning 22 in May. Maybe I will fetch my suit now...JK
Old 03-16-2010, 02:48 PM
chuck34gboro

First, good thing ur ok. Could've been much worse if you had no track experience.

As for traffic driving, it just takes time and experience. Ive been driving for UPS for 4 years now and can tell you that the more you drive, the better you get.

DTF females are the best silver lining...
Old 03-16-2010, 03:06 PM
bigcloud

Sorry to hear about your Z man. Glad you're alright. Now onto other business!! Mods give him a temporary premium membership so he can post pics of gf in AG!!!! NAO!!!
Old 03-16-2010, 03:09 PM
Grip_corners

I agree...In all honesty I think I am a pretty poor driver...For example...If I am driving with my mom in the car, I make more mistakes then ever...Like I still have my permit.

That being said people who know and have fast cars usually enjoy going for rides with me, and I feel always confident when going faster on roads with no driveways. I know it belongs on the track, but I am broke...
I always had a NEED to learn the limit, now I have my car set up for close to oversteer, and have no problem letting it get a bit loose any given time, even in triple digits or rain. Last three years I have showed up at Waterfest a VW show, 5 skip barber instructors lay down some times, then they let anyone of the 21,000 people who show up to drive them. This is done around a large autocross, that has one (to me) high speed Chicane. Last three years I guess by the lines about 7,000 or so drive...I have been the fastest every year, including the skip barber times. The guy running the thing told me he can't even begin to understand how I went through the chicane at the speed I did, he said he could not do it himself.

Chicane trick: A little rally technique can help sometimes....if the turn permits it, and you would have to brake anyway....then never lifting at all, or only for brief moments and then sliding out can be beneficial if done right. everyone else went through the chicane at 25-30 my first run (which would have been good enough for first anyway) I did it around 60...by my 3rd run, I did it at 75-80....I went to the left, then violently turned in setting a very aggressive slide with my front left time just missing the inside cone. I can usual walk away with 50 mph after the slide. its rare but when it works, its fun and great...I still maintain that 99% of the time smooth with very little sliding is the way.

Last edited by Grip_corners; 03-16-2010 at 03:11 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:12 PM
Grip_corners

^^I have so many better pics, I took like 12 with her and another girl nude, the plan was to put them on posters and sell them at college campuses.

Last edited by Grip_corners; 03-16-2010 at 03:14 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:13 PM
Grip_corners

It was the best silver lining possible...there was a good hour where my answer would have been "what Z"
Old 03-16-2010, 04:07 PM
mistanismo

You may want to post a picture of you with your gf, or anything that isn't a professional photoshoot... to avoid the common forum ranting, anyone can pull images off google etc.

Interesting story. You know what you did wrong... traffic isn't predictable, that's why you should drive the speed limit honestly... skill has little to do with it. If you're in the middle of no where and can afford the potential ticket, go for it I suppose, just don't endanger others.

Just to confirm, you tried to pass and then he turned, tboning you.. yes?

Although I'm curious how you only have your learners permit at almost 22... considering how long you've been driving per say, what age can you first apply for a license in your state? 21 seems a tad old for a permit .
Old 03-16-2010, 04:14 PM
tobyluvr2000

Originally Posted by mistanismo
Although I'm curious how you only have your learners permit at almost 22... considering how long you've been driving per say, what age can you first apply for a license in your state? 21 seems a tad old for a permit .
I think he's talking about how he drives like he's just started driving with his mom in the car, i.e. like he only has his permit. OP--We all have bad driving days. Sorry to hear about your accident. At least you're okay though. Cars are replaceable. Lives aren't.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:19 PM
Zedition

HOLY BLEEP! time for a possible part-out?
Old 03-16-2010, 04:24 PM
Grip_corners

Originally Posted by tobyluvr2000
I think he's talking about how he drives like he's just started driving with his mom in the car, i.e. like he only has his permit. OP--We all have bad driving days. Sorry to hear about your accident. At least you're okay though. Cars are replaceable. Lives aren't.

All very true. I have my license and have had it for a while, I wouldn't call it a t-bone. More of a violent swiping causing total loss of control. It put me sideways within a second. I have countered over steer upwards of 125 on wet pavement, and this was a lost cause. I was going to try and continue it around and pull a full 360, as I have done this many a time in large parking lots, but it requires more gas pedal, and if it goes wrong your done.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:25 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

That sucks about the accident. Every Spring when I bring out my Z, I think I'm going to get a little too enthusiastic about my driving and get into an accident. Your story reminds me of those times when I have too much fun where I'm not supposed to.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:28 PM
Grip_corners

HAHAHAHAHAH I can't believe you want me to prove this was my girlfriend. Thank you I guess, nice complement in a way. I have very few pics and less are good, but I will put some up...as well as a few others. I wish I had the photoshoot of her with my Z....***** left with it on her camera...
Old 03-16-2010, 04:31 PM
Grip_corners

Before I do....What are the forum rules about pictures....I.E. what can I NOT post
Old 03-16-2010, 04:40 PM
graffkid732

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Make it NSFW so you don't get in trouble. And No nudes. If there are more rules on it, I don't know them.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:54 PM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,446 Likes on 1,768 Posts

Sucks to hear. At least you're taking it like a man. Good thing you're OK... the car can always be fixed/replaced.

PICS of girl will follow... I need to pick something kinda pg-13 but its hard.
Funny, I got some space in my PM box that's about the size of some NWS pics.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:55 PM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,446 Likes on 1,768 Posts

Before I do....What are the forum rules about pictures....I.E. what can I NOT post
No nudes.

Also, read my last post.

Quick Reply: The worst day of my 350z ownership. Hands Down....