Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

My Z got hit

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 05:25 PM
JonsilvZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down My Z got hit

Going home from work, waiting in the box to make a turn. The driver coming the other way runs a red light and hits the rear quarter panel and wheel. Dent on the bumper,panel,wheel bent in. Managed to drive home barely(couple of miles). Got a witness and saw the driver run the red light. Got his name and #. But wasnt there when the police arrived. Now if the witness claims it was the driver who hit me is at fault. Their insurance should pay? The driver denies everything. I just want to get this fixed and put this behind me. You cant trust those traffic lights. Some drivers dont know whats going on
Old 10-29-2003, 05:59 PM
Dissolved

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

god damn. What is up with the bad luck in this forum? Sorry to hear that man. Glad you're ok though.....Too bad there wasnt a camera on that red light. You should check to be sure
Old 10-29-2003, 06:06 PM
TZUNAMI

Damnit man, that freaking sux. Some assclown in a G35 Sedan Ran the red on my today, missing my front end by about 5 inches.

Yes, if you have a witness that can say that the guy ran the red light, you should be good. Be sure to get your insurance agent in contact with his ASAP, and have your insurance agent take a statement from the witness ASAP.

BTW- Who di the police report list as At Fault in the Accident? Hopefully it was him for Failure to Yield and Running a Red Light.
Old 10-29-2003, 06:59 PM
JonsilvZ

I already contacted their insurance and told them everything. I just hope my witness comes through.
Old 10-29-2003, 11:05 PM
BoostTed

this has deff not been a good week for Z's. Mine is barely 2 weeks old and it got rear ended pretty bad on sat.
Old 10-30-2003, 06:18 AM
Rxramon
Charter Member #45

I wrecked mine monday!

Lost control infornt of my apartment complex, downhill
Could be totaled dont know yet!

Bad Luck (nope) This one was totally my fault...
Old 10-30-2003, 06:19 AM
Rxramon
Charter Member #45

Oh forgot to add... sorry I feel for you... it was my daily driver... 3 days and already driver sick
Old 10-30-2003, 01:19 PM
jckolnturn

I'm sorry for you guys, I know how it feels. When they hit mine i was real upset, but I still can't tell and no one else can either. Body shops can do some real good work, just be glad no one got hurt.
Old 10-30-2003, 05:22 PM
JonsilvZ

I'm planning to get it fixed at the Nissan body shop. This way they use original parts and probably dont have to wait so long. The insurance guys are going to work with them so I dont have to pay out of my pocket.
Old 10-30-2003, 06:33 PM
Blue Batmobile
Inventor
Blue Batmobile

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry to hear that.

Bat™
Old 10-30-2003, 06:42 PM
shimz350z

i've never gotten in to an accident but shouldn't you wait for a police officer just in case....witness doesn't pull through?...just wondering...someone give me knowledgable info=)
Old 10-30-2003, 06:45 PM
TZUNAMI

I think he did wait for the police, by that time the guy had wised up and was denying it. It was the witness that was not there when the police came.
Old 10-30-2003, 06:49 PM
aham23

Glad to here you are ok. A witness is a good thing but less credible when they dont provide the police with info. I mean, after the fact anyone can get a witness? Most shops and insurance companies will estimate for new "OEM" parts when fixing a 2003 or newer auto. Good luck.
Old 10-31-2003, 07:03 AM
JonsilvZ

I just got a Neon for my rental car. My insurance covers it. Now if I end up paying out of my insurance, I'm going after the bastard that hit my car. I just hate people who cant drive and denies their wrong doing. They are going to end up looking like this
Old 10-31-2003, 07:09 AM
mysteriumZ
Charter Member #101

jon, are you going through star nissan's body shop? because they acutally send cars to another body shop to do it, and they charge 90 dollars an hour for labor. if i were you, i wouldn't do it at the dealer.
Old 10-31-2003, 01:23 PM
JonsilvZ

Originally posted by mysteriumZ
jon, are you going through star nissan's body shop? because they acutally send cars to another body shop to do it, and they charge 90 dollars an hour for labor. if i were you, i wouldn't do it at the dealer.
I know that,I was there when my car was towed. They specialize in Nissan,Toyota,Dodge body work. It will cost more, but I want it done right. Especially a new model car like the Z. Thats what insurance is for. I've had a bad experience with other body shops. They use cheap parts to keep the cost down.
Old 11-01-2003, 05:32 AM
jckolnturn

Every body shop is required to give you OEM parts unless you sign some sort of waiver. That being said there are body shops that are less than reputable out there, so do what it takes to make you feel comfortable. Like you said you want it done right.
Old 11-01-2003, 04:22 PM
JonsilvZ

Thanks for the feedback. I just hope they could match the paint and fix the drivetrain right. Looks like the axle is bent.
Old 11-02-2003, 07:38 PM
Z Girl 888

I know what you mean with your Z being hit.
I've been involved in an accident last week, and my heart (and body) hurt. My Z is totalled, and I've barely had it for year. I can't move, as I've sustained lots of injuries that will take a long time to heal. But I am devestated that my orange beast is absolutely gone.
Even though insurance will take care of everuthing and I will get a new Z in 3-4 months, I have to be patient and wait. So I fully sympathize with you, and how you feel about the damage your car has sustained. But remember: at least you still have your Z. I only have pics of mine...
Hope your car looks great after you get it all fixed.
Old 11-03-2003, 08:32 AM
onecoolee

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

If you guys go to a Nissan Body shop, watch out. I had my rear bumper cover repalced due to poor fit, and they re-clearcoated the back 1/3 of the car. Aren't you supposed to paint the bumper cover off the car then install it ??? Not these guys...

At the same time I had the rear cover repalced and painted, I had an insurance claim to repair all the stone chips on my front end, most resulting from a run-in with an overfilled gravel truck speeding down the highway at 80mph...

Anyways, after they finished their "body work", I was left with a 2/3 repainted car that had so much orange peel it was riduculous. I have been back 3 times now for wet sanding and buffing, and now they messed up my spoiler, by doing a little too much sanding, I guess. I am no body shop expert, but I know what orange peel is, and I do know what a good paint job is suppsoed to look like...and I have yet to get one.

Why couldn't I have gotten a Z with a good factory paint job...

Quick Reply: My Z got hit