Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Got pulled over...

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 12:07 PM
Dragonbreath

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Motorcycles dont get pulled over very often for the fact that if they run, you wont catch them. Most municipalties have policies on pursuit that prevent pursuit of a vehicle unless the vehicle is being pursued for a violent felony for obvious liability reasons. Motorcycles run, cops cant catch them. So cops rarely mess with bikes unless they get a group together to block off all paths of escape.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:53 PM
Dr. Venture

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by colin8868
Lol well I guess I didn't get pulled over just for the music... I have an electric license plate on the front of my car that hides and appears with the touch of a button and drive with my plate down, So first he brought up the plate and i said it was there and he went and looked... he comes back with this confused look on his face... I'm trying not to laugh lol... anyways he starts asking me is it my car, who bought it, how old I am... (19), asked me for the ownership and insurance, then once he was done with that he proceeded to say "just a word of advice, keep your music down" and I said is there a law against that? and he said yeah it's a $300 unnecessary noise and I said well how do you determine what's too loud? and he said it's my discretion and I said what you don't like country music? and he said it doesn't matter I shouldn't have to listen to your music while I'm in my car... and I said your telling me for 20-30 seconds your behind me at a light your annoyed with my music? I guess that's why you became a cop and he said would you like a ticket? and he pulled me over in my work parking lot so I just said sure leave it on my window im late for work. I came out and there was no ticket there haha

Oh man, wait wait i just realized that it says your in CANADA!!!! No wonder...lol!!!

If you said that to a cop in our neck of the woods...think RODNEY KING!!
Old 04-28-2010, 01:20 PM
colin8868

Originally Posted by Dr. Venture
Oh man, wait wait i just realized that it says your in CANADA!!!! No wonder...lol!!!

If you said that to a cop in our neck of the woods...think RODNEY KING!!
lmao yeah we can get away with a lot, cops take a lot of **** around here, and if you know your **** you can make them look so stupid. One time my buddy got pulled over and the cop says "what's with the roll cage" and my buddy goes "My girlfriend thinks it's kinky" and he didn't know what to say lmao
Old 04-28-2010, 04:23 PM
chitownpete

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do yourself and the motoring public a favor and remove those tinted lenses off your street driven car . The crash you prevent may be your own. I know they look cool but getting rear ended sucks so bad why increase the chances? Oh yeah, 60 on a side street is not cool.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:56 PM
h0pes

The Nissan dealer said they'll write something down for the exhaust.
As for my tinted tails, I'm going to the police department around 8pm, to try and get them to not notice how dark they are. (At night with the lights on, you can't even notice that it's tinted!)

*Crosses fingers*

Last edited by h0pes; 05-13-2010 at 04:05 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 04:02 PM
h0pes

Originally Posted by chitownpete
Do yourself and the motoring public a favor and remove those tinted lenses off your street driven car . The crash you prevent may be your own. I know they look cool but getting rear ended sucks so bad why increase the chances? Oh yeah, 60 on a side street is not cool.
You're right on both counts, but not everything is so black & white. Only siths deal in absolutes!

The light shines through the tails fine when the brakes are applied, albeit it's not as bright as stock.

Also, in theory, speed limits are created to keep us safe. Driving 60 on an empty street (2 lanes each direction, 4 total) with no cross streets isn't really putting anyone at risk, not even myself. The Z can handle 60 mph like it's 40. The braking is obviously superior to the average car. So, I would say 60 in the Z is as safe as 40 in a Ford Taurus.
Old 05-13-2010, 05:01 PM
FineWine

Originally Posted by h0pes
Also, in theory, speed limits are created to keep us safe. Driving 60 on an empty street (2 lanes each direction, 4 total) with no cross streets isn't really putting anyone at risk, not even myself. The Z can handle 60 mph like it's 40. The braking is obviously superior to the average car. So, I would say 60 in the Z is as safe as 40 in a Ford Taurus.

Other cars are not the only dangers on the road.
Old 05-13-2010, 05:28 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Do stock Ferraris/Lamborghinis/Porsches get cited for exhaust noise?
Old 05-13-2010, 05:52 PM
Patsfan83

Originally Posted by Spork
Good question I would like to know this as well ^^

edit: beautiful car!
Old 05-13-2010, 06:21 PM
jrod250

Originally Posted by colin8868
Lol well I guess I didn't get pulled over just for the music... I have an electric license plate on the front of my car that hides and appears with the touch of a button and drive with my plate down, So first he brought up the plate and i said it was there and he went and looked... he comes back with this confused look on his face... I'm trying not to laugh lol... anyways he starts asking me is it my car, who bought it, how old I am... (19), asked me for the ownership and insurance, then once he was done with that he proceeded to say "just a word of advice, keep your music down" and I said is there a law against that? and he said yeah it's a $300 unnecessary noise and I said well how do you determine what's too loud? and he said it's my discretion and I said what you don't like country music? and he said it doesn't matter I shouldn't have to listen to your music while I'm in my car... and I said your telling me for 20-30 seconds your behind me at a light your annoyed with my music? I guess that's why you became a cop and he said would you like a ticket? and he pulled me over in my work parking lot so I just said sure leave it on my window im late for work. I came out and there was no ticket
there haha
if I were that cop, I'd have written your 19 y/o smart *** so much paper that it would wipe out a rain forest. When ever I get stopped Im always polite and I know that got busted doing something wrong. I've never been written. 90% of the time you get respect back when you give it.
You sound like a punk. I bet you wear you hat sidways with a flat brim, don't you?
Old 05-13-2010, 07:17 PM
redlinedifterzx

Originally Posted by Dr. Venture
what is the big deal? how much is the damn ticket...like 45 bucks??? if its only that just pay it and get it over with. If it is like hundreds then i'd go to the dealer and get a print up of when it was installed ( if by dealer) and get a print out that they sell it and it is 50 state legal as well. So when you go to court for this BS you have everything you need to make the case a WIN situation! there is probably more you can get but its to much to type.
id agree with this because the way they make it sound ull spend more in gase getting to and from these place then the ticket for the exhaust alone

Last edited by redlinedifterzx; 05-13-2010 at 07:28 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 08:22 PM
kingjames23

First off has this cop never listened to a mustang cobra or something those pos are loud. The nismo exhaust isnt much louder than the stock just deeper. This cop was just lookin for another reason to ticket you. As for speeding best suggestion is get a valentine one radar. Best 200 dollars spent. Basically you can pay for this radar instead of paying for more tickets...
Old 05-29-2010, 09:39 PM
hartsickdiscipl

Originally Posted by jrod250
if I were that cop, I'd have written your 19 y/o smart *** so much paper that it would wipe out a rain forest. When ever I get stopped Im always polite and I know that got busted doing something wrong. I've never been written. 90% of the time you get respect back when you give it.
You sound like a punk. I bet you wear you hat sidways with a flat brim, don't you?

Lighten up, lighten up.. I thought it was a pretty funny dialogue if true.

Alright.. I've done some pretty dumb and dangerous things on the streets since I got my license 7 years ago. My driving has changed dramatically towards being more responsible in the last 3 years or so. However, I've noticed one thing that doesn't change-- Cops will pull you over and give you an attitude and/or a ticket for no reason at some point, unless you're incredibly lucky. I've done alot of things that I deserved to get pulled over and ticketed for, but I've been pulled over for absolutely no valid reason just as many times.

Here are the problems that prevent me from having a genuine respect for law enforcement, particularly when it comes to traffic tickets--

-They profile who they pull over based on the type of car being driven, rather than if someone is ACTUALLY breaking the law and endangering the public.

-They are usually ****** with a huge chip on their shoulder, so they start out being a-holes from the beginning of the conversation. Younger cops are usually worse about this. That's not how a public servant should talk to the public.

-They have a quota for the number of tickets they have to write, to ensure that they are generating enough revenue for the state. Anyone who says this isn't true is misinformed. I know it to be true, AT LEAST in NY and PA, and I have to assume other states. Let's think about this for a second... A quota for catching people breaking the law. That's so fundamentally wrong I can't even describe it. Clearly you can see cops "cracking down" on motorists late in the month to try to make their quotas. So automatically, if a cop isn't a truly honest and ethical person, there are going to be innocent people getting tickets that are 100% BS. I know I've been the victim of this twice. I was doing absolutely nothing illegal, and the cop made up the charge, which was a complete lie. You'd better believe I gave them attitude, and I got the tickets thrown out too. All you have to do is write a really good letter to the DA.

I have noticed that I don't get as much attention from the cops since I got rid of my loud-*** SRT-4 and got a Z again. The SRT-4 has "pull me over" written all over it, and isn't exactly oozing with class. Still, doesn't change the fact that it's wrong to pull people over based on the type of car they're driving. I had a cop try to write me a ticket for loud exhaust when I had my SRT-4. It had the Mopar performance exhaust on it. I told the cop that he could write me a ticket, but that it was going to be thrown out anyways. He was a young, cocky a-hole and got in my face about my "attitude." I told him that his attitude was the very reason we were having the discussion at all. He went to write me the ticket, and I told him that if he has a problem with the exhaust, he needs to call Dodge and stop harassing me. He never wrote that ticket.

To the OP-- Best of luck with the rest of the ordeal. I'm glad that Nissan helped you out with the Nismo exhaust issue.. there's no way that any street legal car should get a loud exhaust ticket with the motorcycles that ride around unmolested. They are deafening.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:20 AM
MaelstrØm

I drove around with test pipes, down pipes and broomed cats for several years, and I was never even glanced at when pulled over. I don't think the "loudness" really has anything to do with it - they are just adding tickets to the pile.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:30 AM
sevensinz79

Originally Posted by Spork
yes... my buddy the proud owner of a red ferrari 360 was sighted for exaust noise going under the broadway "tunnel" in san francisco. he went in one end and out the other where a cop was waiting for him on the other side.

I currently live in Arkansas and use to live in the Car-**** state of California. I was pulled over one night in my lexus because I supposedly on purpose peeled out while pulling out of a WET McDonalds driveway in Sacramento CA. (yes i was trying to impress Ronald) The CHP flipped a U in the middle of busy traffic, cutting off cars and 4 lanes of traffic, and chased me down 5 miles into a nieghborhood to give me a "warning" than he proceeded to tell me that I shouldn't be trying to show off because he didn't think my car was all that fast ('03 is300 with a 2jz motor swap) he even made me open my hood for illegal modifications (like he knew what he was looking for) California cops are the worst!!! Here in Arkansas theres no real big car laws and theres people all over the place driving with no cats and strait headers (crazy thing to do) and no cops here care about how loud your car is because rednecks run beaters all day long!

good luck with the ticket
Old 05-31-2010, 08:24 PM
wildone_106

Every day I hear those fat hog bikes so loud it almost bursts my ear drums, I wish the cops would crack down on THOSE morons for being too loud..
Old 05-31-2010, 09:08 PM
G35VC

All i can say to all you foos who are crying about CALI.. GTFO.. If you dont like it simply leave.. If you can afford the ticket than dont do stupid $h!t... Im from Cali and will live here to the day i die.. i dont care how expensive it gets.. or the laws.. you either love it or get the hell out like the other cry baby's
Old 06-01-2010, 05:21 AM
HDPDZO6

Originally Posted by G35VC
All i can say to all you foos who are crying about CALI.. GTFO.. If you dont like it simply leave.. If you can afford the ticket than dont do stupid $h!t... Im from Cali and will live here to the day i die.. i dont care how expensive it gets.. or the laws.. you either love it or get the hell out like the other cry baby's
Nice way to introduce yourself to the forums... I see great things in your future here.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:26 AM
blasian

Originally Posted by HDPDZO6
Nice way to introduce yourself to the forums... I see great things in your future here.
I'm trying to figure out what the cry baby is possessing.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:50 AM
Laxin1187

you should b fine with the exhaus. as for the tails just pay the ticket . and guys can you go easy on cops some of your fellow Z drivers are cops cough cough and yes donuts are yummy

Quick Reply: Got pulled over...