Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 07:53 PM
yoshe77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

R.I.P
Old 06-07-2010, 07:56 PM
HDPDZO6

Being in law enforcement for many, many years has taught me that everyone does a boneheaded act behind the wheel at one point or another in their driving career. Many have the luxury of not getting hurt or hurting someone else in the process, but a few pay the ultimate price.

Some of you are nothing more than insensitive, hypocritical douche bags.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:57 PM
billsrcursed

Originally Posted by terrasmak
it probably would have happened in just about any car (excluding an 84 K car) sh.. happens.
That's the real issue, we're just discussing the Z because of the forum.

Phreak and a few others pointed it out already; the speed issue is not normally the case, it's the inexperienced driver behind the wheel, aside from street racing of course.

Sucks that kids have to learn this way, but I can't bring myself to feel bad. Someone else pointed out they hope my (our) kids don't have this happen to them as well. If my child does something stupid on purpose and suffers the same fate, I don't know what I'd do with myself.

I also know I wouldn't expect ANYONE else to feel bad for my child. I'd expect the same replies this kid's getting.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:58 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ankore
some of you guys are real pieces of ****
Originally Posted by HDPDZO6
Some of you are nothing more than insensitive, hypocritical douche bags.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:02 PM
HDPDZO6

Originally Posted by billsrcursed
I also know I wouldn't expect ANYONE else to feel bad for my child. I'd expect the same replies this kid's getting.
That's reasonable; however, would you want someone to then use the death of your child for nothing more than to promote whatever agenda they are pushing?

Old 06-07-2010, 08:05 PM
Goin' Sidewayz!

Phreak and a few others pointed it out already; the speed issue is not normally the case, it's the inexperienced driver behind the wheel, aside from street racing of course.
Inexperience? It's a 300hp V6. Why do you need experience?
Old 06-07-2010, 08:10 PM
billsrcursed

That's reasonable; however, would you want someone to then use the death of your child for nothing more than to promote whatever agenda they are pushing?

Honestly, I don't know how I'd react. I don't spend much time thinking about my child dying.

I've thought of this though, which I got recently from a mother of a missing child; I'd want to be proactive in reducing the issue. So in this case, I hope I'd be proactive in teaching young adults the consequences of driving outside the vehicle's limits and/or breaking laws. I feel guilty not doing anything now, to be honest.

I'm not sure limiting a young adult's vehicle would be the answer, but I do wonder if we as a society are doing enough to educate and prohibit our children.

I don't want to lay blame here on ANYONE who isn't the driver, but at what point do we start thinking about the kids who could have been playing in that yard? What steps should we take to prevent this from happening, or are there even any other steps that could be taken, period?

Slippery slope, but it should be a dinner time topic in every home where children are present.

Edit: just realized I didn't really answer your question, so no, I don't think I'd have a problem with educating others about vehicle safety with the death of my own child, should it be applicable.

Last edited by billsrcursed; 06-07-2010 at 08:12 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:13 PM
billsrcursed

Originally Posted by Goin' Sidewayz!
Inexperience? It's a 300hp V6. Why do you need experience?
Not sure if you're joking, but in case you're not, you should be experienced in riding a Huffy before jumping curbs, so any vehicle regardless of hp should be handled with experience.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:16 PM
HDPDZO6

Edit: just realized I didn't really answer your question, so no, I don't think I'd have a problem with educating others about vehicle safety with the death of my own child, should it be applicable.
I'm mainly referring to the ones posting crap in this thread.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:25 PM
billsrcursed

I'm mainly referring to the ones posting crap in this thread.
Ok, but you quoted my post.

I don't agree with saying he necessarily deserved to die (poor car, no part out, etc.), but I get that some don't feel bad, including myself.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:29 PM
Goin' Sidewayz!

Not sure if you're joking, but in case you're not, you should be experienced in riding a Huffy before jumping curbs, so any vehicle regardless of hp should be handled with experience.
I'm not joking. One has to drive at some point in their life without experience if they are to gain it. I just think it's funny how some of the members on here act like the Z is a high powered race car and therefore shouldn't be in the hands of a teen. We're not talking about a high horsepower engine here. It's a pretty tame car.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:35 PM
dbrown

First off i wouldnt blame the parents everyone comming up wishes to get that one car whether it is fast or slow hardtop or soft top. Second, everyone has the lead foot eveynow and then some do it in a safe place and nothing happens some do it at the wrong time and either makes it home safe or never return....
Old 06-07-2010, 08:37 PM
billsrcursed

I'm not joking. One has to drive at some point in their life without experience if they are to gain it. I just think it's funny how some of the members on here act like the Z is a high powered race car and therefore shouldn't be in the hands of a teen. We're not talking about a high horsepower engine here. It's a pretty tame car.
Compared to what??

Keep in mind, for each car you reply with, that same car will be tame compared to something else.

I agree that the crash wasn't because of the Z, but to purchase a rear-wheel drive sports car for your teenage child is completely irresponsible.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:20 PM
Goin' Sidewayz!

Compared to what??

Keep in mind, for each car you reply with, that same car will be tame compared to something else.

I agree that the crash wasn't because of the Z, but to purchase a rear-wheel drive sports car for your teenage child is completely irresponsible.
Compared to nothing. 300hp is slow. That's that. Not sure why you think it needs to be compared to another vehicle in order to back-up my previous comment.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:28 PM
hartsickdiscipl

Compared to nothing. 300hp is slow. That's that. Not sure why you think it needs to be compared to another vehicle in order to back-up my previous comment.
I think you need to go back to driving a 93hp Mitsubishi Mirage or a 120hp Civic for a year or 2. Then go back to driving a 350z. It won't feel slow then, trust me. When I had my modded SRT-4 in the shop (all too often) and had to drive the loaner PT cruiser or Sebring, my SRT felt like a raging beast once I got it back. I don't know how anybody who didn't drive a Nascar or Indy car every day could actually think that a car that does 0-60 in 5.6 seconds or less, 1/4 mile in the mid to high 13's, and tops out over 155mph is slow. That's nuts. I'm sure it would feel slow if I just got out of a Z06, but the vast majority of people aren't coming from that. Ask the insurance company if they think it's slow.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:31 PM
Goin' Sidewayz!

Originally Posted by hartsickdiscipl
I think you need to go back to driving a 93hp Mitsubishi Mirage or a 120hp Civic for a year or 2. Then go back to driving a 350z. It won't feel slow then, trust me. When I had my modded SRT-4 in the shop (all too often) and had to drive the loaner PT cruiser or Sebring, my SRT felt like a raging beast once I got it back. I don't know how anybody who didn't drive a Nascar or Indy car every day could actually think that a car that does 0-60 in 5.6 seconds or less, 1/4 mile in the mid to high 13's, and tops out over 155mph is slow. That's nuts. I'm sure it would feel slow if I just got out of a Z06, but the vast majority of people aren't coming from that. Ask the insurance company if they think it's slow.
I drive a 2000 year model Dodge Viper RT/10 pretty much everywhere unless it's raining or am doing grocery shopping which then I'm in a 2005 year model Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Maybe that's why?

Even with that said however, had I not had a Viper, I'd still be saying exactly what I've been saying. 0-60 in 5.6 seconds, high 13s in the quarter mile. C'mon, you can't honestly think that's fast?

Last edited by Goin' Sidewayz!; 06-07-2010 at 09:36 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:35 PM
hartsickdiscipl

I drive a 2000 year model Dodge Viper RT/10 pretty much everywhere unless it's raining which then I'm in a 2005 year model Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Maybe that's why?
Yeah, your Viper is faster than the Z.. that might explain it. Nobody in their right mind would actually call a 350z "slow" though. Everything is relative. Compared to most cars on the road, it is fast. You drive a car that was one of the fastest in the world when it was new. It's not fair to compare a $25-30k car to an $80k+ car and call the cheaper one "slow."
Old 06-07-2010, 09:39 PM
Goin' Sidewayz!

Originally Posted by hartsickdiscipl
Yeah, your Viper is faster than the Z.. that might explain it. Nobody in their right mind would actually call a 350z "slow" though. Everything is relative. Compared to most cars on the road, it is fast. You drive a car that was one of the fastest in the world when it was new. It's not fair to compare a $25-30k car to an $80k+ car and call the cheaper one "slow."
Wasn't comparing the two. Just saying my thoughts regarding the performance of the 350Z. That's all. Anyways, this is irrelevant as the kid crashed because he was being irresponsible, not because the Z was to much for him to handle.

Last edited by Goin' Sidewayz!; 06-07-2010 at 09:40 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:43 PM
hartsickdiscipl

Wasn't comparing the two. Just saying my thoughts regarding the performance of the 350Z. That's all. Anyways, this is irrelevant as the kid crashed because he was being irresponsible, not because the Z was to much for him to handle.
Believe me, a 350z IS too much for alot of people to handle. Especially if you launch it at 5k+ RPMs. I have friends that can attest to their "difficulties" in handling the car. It's all about what you're used to. That and the fact that some people just aren't very good drivers.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:49 PM
billsrcursed

Wrong. You're comparing it to your Viper, you're just not going to admit it.

To a teenager going from a bike to a first time car, 300hp is not only fast, it's too much "car" for a first time driver.

I think you're more upset that some here "feel" their car is fast, and seem to feel obligated to remind us all your Viper is faster. That's fabulous for you

But again, the Z is not at fault here, we at least agree on that.

Quick Reply: 17-year-old male killed in fatal 350Z crash