Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Pulled over for the first time last night (long)

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2003, 12:08 AM
jimster716

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by IndySmooth
Please don't take my ride-along suggestion lightly, if you haven't already ridden along before. Even if its in a department far from the area you live in. I personally guarantee that one or two ride alongs will completely change your perspective on the topic.
I honestly don't believe a ridealong will change my mind about being treated badly by a few jackass cops (unfortunately pretty much sums up all of my experience with one dept in particular) coupled with patterns that seem to exist across the country. If anything, your suggestion is more of an attempt to get me to see the crap cops deal with perhaps to excuse them from particular behaviors. I know what they deal with and if i was a cop I'd probably have to make an effort to control myself. Hell, if i was a cop and some robbery suspect or car thief made me chase his *** down a residential area doing 50-70mph, i'd probably want to put a bullet in his skull, god knows i'm hoping to see a baton to the kidney of the suspect when i see it on chopper skyvision. But you see, I'm not a cop and I'm not a felon...I'm a civilian and I expect and have a right to be treated with dignity that I, myself, would extend to a stranger in kind.

I have no doubt law enforcement is an integral part of civil society. My gripe is when these officers fail to be civil themselves.

This discussion is really exclusive of the topic but I rather enjoyed expounding upon my own personal experiences of which many people seem to share across the nation.
Old 11-12-2003, 08:33 AM
Norel350Z

Help help, someone call the police, my thread has been Hyjacked
Old 11-13-2003, 07:44 AM
grounded

Don't speed or road race!
The cops can and do whatever they want.
They make false reports, plant drugs, pull over people for no reason at all, harrass anyone they want to,
drive drunk themselves, steel personal property from you.
We are loosing our rights every day.
The US is becomming a police state so WATCH IT !.
Old 11-13-2003, 10:26 AM
nychotcop

Originally posted by grounded
Don't speed or road race!
The cops can and do whatever they want.
They make false reports, plant drugs, pull over people for no reason at all, harrass anyone they want to,
drive drunk themselves, steel personal property from you.
We are loosing our rights every day.
The US is becomming a police state so WATCH IT !.
So I guess you are saying you are losing your "right" to speed and road race????

"Way to think guy." ( I love that quote..thanks iChiBahN)

Last edited by nychotcop; 11-13-2003 at 10:32 AM.
Old 11-13-2003, 11:01 AM
mpowers

Well you have to look at as a revenue building resouce. More time is spent on traffic enforcement than all other areas. Simple a citizen will pay a fine a criminal does not.
Old 11-13-2003, 12:13 PM
kbomb

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by nychotcop
Jim, when a police officer commits a crime it makes news because it is not a common occurence. We are held to a much higher standard than the rest of society. Cops that commit crimes more often than not will suffer a greater sentence than non cops because judges are sending a message that they wont tolerate that from those that are responsible to uphold the law. I agree with this thinking. We should behave better than most people...and we do.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would have to disagree with the above. Cops break the law everyday single day...either minor or major. Speeding, flashing lights to get out of traffic, parking illegally, etc...isn't this breaking the law?

also, why is almost every thread that you reply to Jimster,,,you are second guessing his statements. Its obvious he is explaining to you the reasons. Y don't u come down from that imaginary pedistal and relate. You are no better.
Old 11-13-2003, 05:24 PM
nychotcop

Originally posted by kbomb
quote:

I would have to disagree with the above. Cops break the law everyday single day...either minor or major. Speeding, flashing lights to get out of traffic, parking illegally, etc...isn't this breaking the law?

also, why is almost every thread that you reply to Jimster,,,you are second guessing his statements. Its obvious he is explaining to you the reasons. Y don't u come down from that imaginary pedistal and relate. You are no better.
Ok son ( Thats u kbomb). Let me educate you a bit..just like your brother educated you last night on how to put on a condom (Magnum XL?).

The above things you talked of...ie: "Speeding, flashing lights to get out of traffic, parking illegally, etc..." are not crimes..they are traffic infractions. If you read my post you would see that I was talking about "crimes"....you know ...like when they stole your lunch money from you in school yesterday after that girl busted your lip with a right hook.... and you ran home crying to mommy and daddy....."Look mommy...she kicked my azz again..and my lunch $$ is gone...boo hoo hoo!!!"...to which your daddy replies.. " Dag kbomb.. did you get robbed and assaulted again?" ( crimes kbomb in NY state)...to which you reply.." Daddy ..call Mr. Police again...I am scared!!!"

Kbomb...I know you dont like cops..which is fine with me..so now I am just going to have fun with you when you post one of your "brainstorms". I will be waiting eagerly for one of your usual intelligent responses.

Last edited by nychotcop; 11-13-2003 at 05:29 PM.
Old 11-13-2003, 05:34 PM
kbomb

Please don't call me son...I would hate to be related to you in any way. You are no better than I am so just stop with the "im above u "attitude. You are the sounding like an immature fool.

Isn't breaking the law a crime? Like I said,,minor or major. In general, I don't like cops. But I HATE cops that act and reply to these threads like you. I see most of ur replies, as stated on my last post, you are second guessing people. Just cause u took psychology classes for ur trainning doesn't mean you know how to use it.
Old 11-13-2003, 06:29 PM
IndySmooth

What you call second guessing, I call debating. Isn't that what forums are for? Everyone pitching in their input?
Old 11-13-2003, 08:40 PM
kbomb

That is your opinion Indysmooth. I have no problems with anyone's opinion here. I just don't see anything informative/positive about being a sarcastic ***** to prove a point.
Old 11-13-2003, 08:46 PM
IndySmooth

Originally posted by jimster716
i'd probably want to put a bullet in his skull, god knows i'm hoping to see a baton to the kidney of the suspect when i see it on chopper skyvision. But you see, I'm not a cop and I'm not a felon...I'm a civilian and I expect and have a right to be treated with dignity that I, myself, would extend to a stranger in kind.

Just wondering.

Why is it okay for an officer to illegally use overwhelming force if the suspect isn't resisting arrest.....but its not okay for an officer to talk down to you during a traffic stop?

Because the suspect has done something endangering other people's lives? The fact remains the officer's actions would be illegal.
Old 11-13-2003, 09:47 PM
jimster716

Originally posted by IndySmooth
Just wondering.

Why is it okay for an officer to illegally use overwhelming force if the suspect isn't resisting arrest.....but its not okay for an officer to talk down to you during a traffic stop?

Because the suspect has done something endangering other people's lives? The fact remains the officer's actions would be illegal.
I didn't say it was okay. Did i say it was okay? Does what I want to see make it okay? I just said that for my own entertainment purposes because someone who is obviously and recklessly endangering the public on channel 7 skyvision during a chase in my eyes deserves a beating. This is probably why I'm not a cop, probably why cops who get caught on video shouldn't be cops let alone countless cops who do this who don't get caught.

Don't misconstrue what I said...it goes along with the notion of the crap cops go through and how psychologically taxing it is perhaps making them a bit passive aggressive in all situations.

You want to play semantics or word games with me?
Old 11-13-2003, 09:59 PM
IndySmooth

I'm down for both semantics AND word games.

I think this is neither, though. I think its a fundamental flaw in your thinking. In your view, cops should be super human angels that do no wrong. We both know this isn't true, I don't need to tell you this. Of course, some go to the other extreme in situations you mentioned (spousal abuse, alcoholism, battery). These are the ones who need their badges removed, but the only people that can make that happen are normal citizens.

If you aren't able to hold yourself to these standards, how can you justify judging others for doing the same? In fact, I think it is normal for a person to want to beat the living hell out of someone for doing something so wreckless. Its the ones that take it past a desire and make it a reality that are the problem. The vast majority of police officers are able to resist the temptation, however many are not. This minority gets the most attention. The squeaky wheel gets the oil.

The minor infractions are similar to an alcoholic with a beer in his hand telling a church pastor he shouldn't be drinking at all.

But, we are agreed on the main issue. Cops who take it too far shouldn't be cops. Unfortunately, the entire system not only allows this but breeds it as well. As I said, the only people can change it are us....normal citizens. Do something about it or live with it.
Old 11-13-2003, 10:05 PM
jimster716

I'm sorry...where did conducting yourself as a professional come to being akin to divine angelic behavior?

What I want to see isn't the same as what I would do. But at the same time, that point is moot. Of course cops are to be held to a higher standard...they are responsible for upholding the law and maintaining order. They are the first line of defense against chaos and anarchy. If they can't uphold those virtues in which we hold them then they have not only failed themselves, they have failed society.
Old 11-13-2003, 10:13 PM
IndySmooth

Good point. Then again, if you hold them to a higher standard than the average person, there will inevitably be more failures. When dealing with failures in a profession involving people's rights and safety, these failures are more apparent than...say...the guy at McDonalds spitting in someone's food.
Old 11-14-2003, 10:50 AM
nychotcop

Dear Mr. KBOMB,

Crimes are serious offenses ...the kind that you cant get a ticket for. In other words, I couldnt write you a ticket for rape. ( really KBOMB..I couldnt ..its just not allowed) Does that make it clearer for you? I sure hope so.

Now... there was a good debate going on here and then you showed up and put up a post with what I feel had ZERO ( nada..zilch..0) value.. which is not unusual for you. But even then I tried to explain what a crime was to you..and yes I did inject some sarcastic humor at your expense (ha ha) ..but hey...you had it coming.

So kbomb I understand that you dont like cops ..and you dont like me...and you should understand that I am not going to be sending you any Xmas gifts this year. ( I am serious..you wont be getting that G.I. Joe with the kung fu grip)

By the way KBOMB..and I mean this from the bottom of my heart: "Way to think guy."

Sincerly: NYCHOTCOP

Last edited by nychotcop; 11-14-2003 at 11:49 AM.
Old 11-14-2003, 12:26 PM
kbomb

Man,,,you must be one stupid sensitive lil girl. All ur post towards me just shows that you have a mind of a child. Its funny how I got u so wild up. If u read some of the posts in this thread, mine is one of the least offensive towards cops. But, again, you are just one really dumb person to see past your "Im a cop,,Im so great" ego. I dont care if u become sarcastic towards my post. I was referring to, IMO, ur post towards everyone else here.
You are one DUMBASS *****....did ur partner take your favorite donut today??
Old 11-14-2003, 12:49 PM
nychotcop

Originally posted by kbomb
Man,,,you must be one stupid sensitive lil girl. All ur post towards me just shows that you have a mind of a child. Its funny how I got u so wild up. If u read some of the posts in this thread, mine is one of the least offensive towards cops. But, again, you are just one really dumb person to see past your "Im a cop,,Im so great" ego. I dont care if u become sarcastic towards my post. I was referring to, IMO, ur post towards everyone else here.
You are one DUMBASS *****....did ur partner take your favorite donut today??
How creative KBOMB..a cop doughnut joke ( my sides are bursting from laughter...your humor is supreme) ..with a little name calling squeezed in for good measure. Guess you are trying to get the attention of the Mods again( you know mods are the police of 350 Z.com...and your sworn enemy)..everyone give KBOMB a big hand..after all..he is "da bomb".

In fact KBOMB..you win...its obvious that I cant compete with either your intelligence or wit ( I have been slain by you)...I hereby crown you KING of 350 Z .com...you earned it man....I think you have a bright future ahead of you. Presidential spokesman sounds like its right up your alley...go for it dude...cant let your talents go to waste....America needs you. You are " The one."

Last edited by nychotcop; 11-14-2003 at 01:30 PM.
Old 11-14-2003, 02:00 PM
kbomb

I have no issues with the Moderators here. With the exception of my last post, there was nothing offensive compared to your posts towards me.

SO do u have anymore nonsense references towards me you want to let out?? Keep them coming.
Old 11-15-2003, 01:10 AM
nychotcop

Actually you also resorted to name calling in another post here...but I wont nit pick KBOMB...you are rather weak at this keyboard warrior stuff...so name calling is all you have left. However I did find this entertaining and I want to thank you for letting me give you a keyboard beat down . Later kitty kat.
Attached Thumbnails Pulled over for the first time last night (long)-catstickemupowned.jpg  

Last edited by nychotcop; 11-15-2003 at 01:16 AM.

Quick Reply: Pulled over for the first time last night (long)