Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Pulled over for the first time last night (long)

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2003, 01:24 AM
djkern
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Pulled over for the first time last night (long)

Originally posted by Norel350Z
Just thought id share.

Had the car for 2 months this coming Wed, Last night me and by buddy where cruising decided to go see Elf with a few people, Pick up some people at his house, and proceed to head out the movies, he was following me in his 04 G35 coupe, going through town speed limit was 30mph.

So im driving lead, and as i pass a car on the side of the road i realise its one of Nassau County's finest, he hits his brake pedle, and his tails come on, right away i knew i was getting pulled over. I quick reach over and throw down my Passanger side vanity mirror, so my front plate is displayed in my window, the cop pulls out cuts off my buddy, almost sends him off the road.
SO the cop throws his lights on pulls me over, and my buddy pulls over behind him. The cop goes back and talks to him first, gives him crap about surrendering because he said he was speeding and so was I. He comes up to me next after my buddy basically laughs at the cop, and presents him with a plethara of PBA cards.
So at this point the cop shimmies up to my window, "Licence, Reg, and Ins. I hand him my Licence with my uncles NYPD detective PBA card, hand him my other stuff and ask him what i did wrong, we are just on our way to a movie. So the cop then says " speed limit on East Meadow Ave is 30, you where doing 42... Now to me this is some what of a shock because a block before where he was sitting i had just made a right onto the road, so there was noooo way in hell i was doing 42, The Z is fast but not that fast. And besides I have the upmost respect for driving safe in town, my belife is there is a time and place for everything, and in town is neither...
Back to the story, Cop looks over my info, says to me, "This car reg in your name?? to which i reply "yes, regesterd, insured, bought, and paid for by me" (im 21, i guess he found this odd) So at this point I think I may be in the clear, he proceedes to tell me its a beautiful car and Wished me a safe night, and to just take it easy, that they have had some complaints about cars speeding on EM ave, and enjoy the movie..

So fast foward to today, I have a family friend who is in the same Presenct that this cop was from, and turns out that basically they where under orders to pull over and flashy cars driving late at night (This was 12am) and check for drunk drivers...

SO i guess the moral of this story is that sometimes, no matter what you do, your going to get crap from the cops wheither you like it or not. It also turns out that the cop didn't have a radar gun in his car, and the speeding thing was all BS.. o well, only second time I've ever been pulled over, hopefully the last.
DAMN! THIS FORUM NEEDS A SPELL CHECK BUTTON!!!
Old 11-15-2003, 01:11 PM
nychotcop

Originally posted by mpowers
Well you have to look at as a revenue building resouce. More time is spent on traffic enforcement than all other areas. Simple a citizen will pay a fine a criminal does not.
Thats a big part of it..arrests dont generate money...tickets do. It all gets figured into the state/city budgets. Saftey is still a priority...but so is the revenue they get from tickets...and some pressure ( lots of pressure in NYC) is put on cops to write a certain number of them, and if the cop doesnt play ball top brass will try to make his/her job miserable. This starts right at the top...with state and city officials.

Last edited by nychotcop; 11-16-2003 at 07:33 PM.
Old 11-16-2003, 11:04 AM
kbomb

HAHA..that picture cracks me up. Always the comedian. Im suprised how u can fit in the Z with that big head of urs. No worries, Im sure one day its going to get deflated one way or another. I find it weird you are getting off on my replies. "keyboard beatdown"..ooohhhh...im hurting...oooohh...one weird person...Lates!