Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

My Horrible Invida purchase from http://topspeedautosport.com/ (TopSpeedAutoSport)

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 06:44 PM
Biggs_02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is this the topspeed from Chicago? I went into their shop once to buy a hood scoop. My engine would not clear my hood. Anyways, I asked joey if he would take back the hood if it doesn't fit my car. He looked at me funny and laughed and said "we don't do that". I mean all i was gonna do was lay it on my hood and test fit. So they're located in Chicago and i doubt that the OP could had drop it off at their doors.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:41 PM
Subdermal

+1 on 'where is the vendor' would like to hear their side...

if that's how they treat their customers tho i will def not be spending my moneyz there

Last edited by Subdermal; 09-01-2010 at 10:43 PM.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:42 PM
Subdermal

Originally Posted by Biggs_02
is this the topspeed from Chicago? I went into their shop once to buy a hood scoop. My engine would not clear my hood. Anyways, I asked joey if he would take back the hood if it doesn't fit my car. He looked at me funny and laughed and said "we don't do that". I mean all i was gonna do was lay it on my hood and test fit. So they're located in Chicago and i doubt that the OP could had drop it off at their doors.
^first post lol
Old 09-02-2010, 03:54 AM
1GR8350Z

OP, you need to find a different mechanic. It can be argued that you are a dunb a$$ for not inspecting your merchandise, but for a shop mechanic to get all the way to the end of the installaion before noticing? Also, what kind of shop suggest that a customer should break the law and risk a ticket? Also, What kind of a shop can look at a customer in a bind like this and charge them for storage for one day?
Old 09-07-2010, 07:51 PM
tiguy99

I just bought this exhaust from the same vendor. Hopefully I don't run into the same issue you did with fitment.

I'm having it installed on Sat. I'll keep u posted. IMO the mechanic should have uninstalled your exhaust and just charged you labor or a discounted rate am calle it a day.

You could then decided hat you wanted to do with the defected product at that time. Things would have been simpler perhaps?
Old 09-07-2010, 08:11 PM
BoomerZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1GR8350Z
OP, you need to find a different mechanic. It can be argued that you are a dunb a$$ for not inspecting your merchandise, but for a shop mechanic to get all the way to the end of the installaion before noticing? Also, what kind of shop suggest that a customer should break the law and risk a ticket? Also, What kind of a shop can look at a customer in a bind like this and charge them for storage for one day?
Old 09-08-2010, 06:49 AM
FineWine

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Almost a month and not a peep from TopSpeed.

Are they for real a vendor here?
Old 09-17-2010, 12:31 PM
TopSpeedAutoSport
Vendor - Former Vendor

Hello, we do apologize for not replying to this thread. We don't usually browse the site through other threads. I have stumbled on this thread while doing a search.

As many may know, we probably have the best price for Invidia exhausts. The exhaust are a great price and their quality its provides. In fact many customers are satisfied with their product.

Here is our reply.

The customer called at 10pm central time at night regarding his issues. Although Invidia is close and we could not get a hold of their customer support. We told the customer that we would call him back. Although the customer kept refusing and asking about storage fees and etc. We also asked the customer to have the muffler shop re-weld that one section which was barely anything but he refused. The next day or so we have called Invidia and have them exchanged the defective part. They called the customer and apologized and exchanged the part.

Another question we like to answer is:
Yes the part was drop shipped, which came directly from Invidia itself. At TopSpeed, we make sure our customers don't receive faulty or defective products, as we inspect them before shipping the items. Otherwise we would run into this type of situation. But we did resolve the problem and Invidia replaced the problem as that the product came directly from them and we did not make the products here at TopSpeed.

We do apologize for chiming in this late.