Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Got rear ended today :/ Possibly Tottalled.

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 10:08 PM
trackstar19

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got rear ended today :/ Possibly Tottalled.

Man this sucks, me and my buddy were driving back from the beach since it started downpouring..... we're on a 30mph road and in some traffic, so we stop.... then the car behind us (ACURA TL) doesn't stop and slams into the back of us... we slam into the car in front of us.... who slams into the car in front of them.

It turns out it was 2 high school girls behind us, and their excuse was "I forgot to use the breaks". :/

Anyway, it's their fault so it's not that bad, and their parents are supposidly loaded. I think my car might be totalled though, it kinda crunched my car together. sides are scrunched and fuvked, Exhaust got crunched, random parts were on the ground from my car, trunk wont properly shut, etc. etc. My friends all think it's borderline "totalled". I drove it the few miles back to my house... but it sounded pretty bad. I guess I'll find out tomorrow. It was my baby. The girls even said "is it brand new it's so shiny" ... Haha it's a 2003 touring with 39k miles.

**Will add pictures tomorrow***
Sad day fellow Z brahs :/
Old 07-21-2010, 10:12 PM
DB350

hopefully your not at fault for rear ending the people in front of you, i know it would be a stretch but something similar to this happened to a friend and he was at fault for getting shoved into the car in front
Old 07-21-2010, 10:21 PM
trackstar19

Originally Posted by DB350
hopefully your not at fault for rear ending the people in front of you, i know it would be a stretch but something similar to this happened to a friend and he was at fault for getting shoved into the car in front
Thanks for the response and concern, but luckily I am not. I got the cops there and they made it clear it's the girls in the backs fault, so that part is good at least. It says so on the accident report the cops did. I'm really wondering if I'll have to be in the market for a new Z soon :/. I love my current one, and if it gets totalled i''ll definitely be getting a new z
Old 07-21-2010, 10:22 PM
ChrisR

well same happened to me except i was in the very front. impact from behind caused rear quarter panel to crumble. mine was about $4500 to fix. so your might be gone seeing how both your sides and your front end are messed up
Old 07-21-2010, 11:17 PM
trackstar19

Originally Posted by ChrisR
well same happened to me except i was in the very front. impact from behind caused rear quarter panel to crumble. mine was about $4500 to fix. so your might be gone seeing how both your sides and your front end are messed up
Yea. Both rear quarter panels are destroyeddd, exhausts got destroyed and pushed in... when I was driving it It was clear it fuked up/probably put a hole in the exhausts. The trunk won't close, the whole back seems out of place and off by a bit. The front grill is mashed up and the front is also very dented and scrapped up. Alignment is way off.... etc. I guess I'll find out tomorrow, but I'll be honest... I'm already looking at the Z classifieds here and on craigslist just in case.

My friend Travis guesstimated it might be 10-12k to fix... if they don't just declare it totalled. I love this car and am sad it happened, but i'll be honest... I don't see how they can fix all of this.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:21 PM
SoldzMyZ

Just fake a back injury LOL and you got yourself a 370z
Old 07-21-2010, 11:23 PM
trackstar19

Originally Posted by booey1979
Just fake a back injury LOL and you got yourself a 370z
hahahahahaha That's what my friend in the passenger seat was saying we should do. My conscious wouldn't let me do it though :/. Fukin conscious, hate that damn thing.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:59 PM
350ZTheStandard

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad u & your bro are okay fine, the car can be fixed or replaced much easier than lifelong back problems. You easily could have avoided this problem if & your bro had just stayed home.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:01 AM
dirtbikr

Originally Posted by 350ZTheStandard
Glad u & your bro are okay fine, the car can be fixed or replaced much easier than lifelong back problems. You easily could have avoided this problem if & your bro had just stayed home.
Exactly, stay in the house all the time and never leave, it is a dangerous world out there. Clearly your fault OP, shouldn't have been out and about.

Glad you're okay, let this be a learning experience.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:26 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,317 Likes on 1,668 Posts

Originally Posted by trackstar19
"I forgot to use the breaks". :/
You completely lost me at this part.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:34 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

^ I would have been taken to jail for assault if some stoopid lil whinny bishes got out of the car and said "I forgot to use the breaks". :/

where was this?

I'm glad your okay......i would have been livid!!

-J
Old 07-22-2010, 04:37 AM
dmroberson

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to hear you and your buddy were ok. Sorry to hear about the car though.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:10 AM
LollerShakes

Im a little confused on why you think their parents are loaded and shes driving a Acura TL, I hope you got these bitches number, because you tell them they owe you a drink, That way when you get them out and drunk, you hook up, you take out all your frustration on that *****, that would be Epic sir, and you said their were 2 girls, man oh man get your buddy to hook up with the other one. Problem solved, but don't forget to record it, that way if they try to **** you later on anything you have blackmail evidence to ship to mommy and daddy
Old 07-22-2010, 05:26 AM
shaun123

Originally Posted by LollerShakes
Im a little confused on why you think their parents are loaded and shes driving a Acura TL, I hope you got these bitches number, because you tell them they owe you a drink, That way when you get them out and drunk, you hook up, you take out all your frustration on that *****, that would be Epic sir, and you said their were 2 girls, man oh man get your buddy to hook up with the other one. Problem solved, but don't forget to record it, that way if they try to **** you later on anything you have blackmail evidence to ship to mommy and daddy
I like the way you think sir
Old 07-22-2010, 05:28 AM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by trackstar19
hahahahahaha That's what my friend in the passenger seat was saying we should do. My conscious wouldn't let me do it though :/. Fukin conscious, hate that damn thing.
Good for you. There is way too much insurance fraud out there that simply drives up everyone else's rates. You are probably better off if they total the car - doubt it is ever going to "feel" right even if they could fix it. Based on that damage and the year of the car, they probably will total it. You probably want to at least contact a lawyer to make sure you get a fair settlement - KBB on an '03 is not going to be a whole lot of money and finding another '03 with that low of mileage would not be easy; a newer model is going to cost you some out-of-pocket. And do yourself a favor - don't pay attention to any of the "legal experts" on the forums - most are not "experts" and many are not even legal, lol.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:35 AM
shaun123

OP, below are some pictures of the accident after I got hit. While the car is a Nismo and the rear bumper, wing and exhaust totaled over $8,000 of the total repair, the total estimated repair bill came to over $21,000. Take a look at these pics and if you car looks any close to this, its totaled.

Old 07-22-2010, 06:03 AM
User 42426

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 350ZTheStandard
I hope your being sarcastic, if not, I don't know what to say.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:17 AM
4BangR-X

^When does he ever have a SRS reply?
Old 07-22-2010, 06:17 AM
ImWeeZzel
350Z-holic

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by LollerShakes
^^^^damn dude, you got that chett figured out

On a side note, this could be an oppurtunity for an upgrade??? Good thing no one got hurt
Old 07-22-2010, 06:20 AM
BornSlippyZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad to see that you and your buddy are ok.

Quick Reply: Got rear ended today :/ Possibly Tottalled.