Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Z was totalled, getting a c6 corvette. Going to miss the 350z community

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 07:21 AM
NewJoyZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by trackstar19
I've wanted a vette since I was a little kid.
All those years ey? You've only been able to drive for 4. But good luck with the Corvette, sounds really nice. I was also in the market for one when i came upon my Z. Dont regret my decision in the least.

A Z, an M3, and a Corvette all by the time you were 20? Someone call the feds, sounds a little fishy.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:28 AM
duro78

Originally Posted by Armed Ferret
Drove a few different vettes when I was in the market before I got my Z. Fun cars, nimble and quick, but I just couldn't warm up to the interior that was no different from a Silverado or Tahoe.

Enjoy, and don't get too crazy.
thats one thing i coudnt get used to is the build quality of the interior, the z is nothing to write home about but its still a far cry to that GM quality
Old 08-24-2010, 08:31 AM
marques1

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ENVYMYZ
All those years ey? You've only been able to drive for 4. But good luck with the Corvette, sounds really nice. I was also in the market for one when i came upon my Z. Dont regret my decision in the least.

A Z, an M3, and a Corvette all by the time you were 20? Someone call the feds, sounds a little fishy.
I bought a house at the age of 20 and had 3 cars at the same time. 350z, mustang, and honda accord, it's possible.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:35 AM
Augustus46

Originally Posted by marques1
I bought a house at the age of 20 and had 3 cars at the same time. 350z, mustang, and honda accord, it's possible.
Please don't turn this into one of those threads! Plus, the Honda Accord and Ford Mustang don't cost near what an M3 and a C6 cost....

Old 08-24-2010, 12:47 PM
trackstar19

Originally Posted by Waizzz
Sorry to hear about the Z.

Pics of your Z and the C6 por favore
Thanks man, and it's cool. Here was the Z earlier in the summer:

And here is the C6 I'm going to pick up this weekend (already put the deposit down):

Originally Posted by andrew's 350Z
UMMM parting ur z out i need some parts!!!
If I was I'd gladly try to help you out, but the dealer I bought it off of actually is buying it off me for $4200.
Originally Posted by SageZ
C7 comes out in a few years.. get a dd, save your money and be one of the first
Thanks for the good advice, but I am hoping my business will continue to flourish, and by that point I will have upgraded to my dream car (Lambo Gallardo). Might be a pipe dream, but if business continues how it is it should be more than doable.
Originally Posted by Armed Ferret
Drove a few different vettes when I was in the market before I got my Z. Fun cars, nimble and quick, but I just couldn't warm up to the interior that was no different from a Silverado or Tahoe.

Enjoy, and don't get too crazy.
Thank you sir, I'll enjoy it while being careful.
Originally Posted by ENVYMYZ

Well, I meant I've wanted a corvette since I was like 6-7. I used to call them "Chevrolette's" back then. And all three vehicles have been used when I've bought them, not like i'm paying the "new" price tag. The M3 had 40k miles on it and was an 03, the Z had 20k miles on it and waas an 03, and the corvette has 13k miles on it and is an 07. I run my own online affiliate marketing company, and that's where all this money comes from. I've gotten really lucky, and pay cash for these vehicles. Aside from that, i'm at college on a track scholarship so I don't really have many/any expenses. Food/alcohol, entertainment, cars/insurance. That's about it. (Apartment and most food is covered by scholarship). There are many my age much better off, but I'm happy with my life
Old 08-24-2010, 12:54 PM
Dr. Venture

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=trackstar19;8613198]

"Say Cheese"

.........and Breathe.

Hate to have your Z go, but mine just went up a tad in value.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:44 PM
Augustus46

[QUOTE=Dr. Venture;8613223]

"Say Cheese"

.........and Breathe.

Hate to have your Z go, but mine just went up a tad in value.
Nice, lol.

Old 08-24-2010, 06:34 PM
Zian

You'll have lots of fun with the vette. I've had a lot of seat time in a C5. Fun cars. Remember that the power is surprising and you'll feel less in touch with it than in the Z. In my experience it drives a lot like a buick until you drop the hammer...then...whoa. Have fun!
Old 08-24-2010, 08:14 PM
cubs4worldseris

good luck man. enjoy the car.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:02 PM
NewJoyZ

And here is the C6 I'm going to pick up this weekend (already put the deposit down):
Sweet. Congrats. Wasnt trying to sound sarcastic with the earlier post. Thats great stuff. All to be proud of.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:02 PM
zzzmanzzz

Thanks, and it just means it's a 6 speed. (MaNual 6).

And thanks guys, I know I didn't post here often, But I was on here daily reading up and enjoying the community. When I wasn't on here I was out spending $11 on car washes 3-4 times a week, and waxing/detailing every other day. Haha I took way better care of the Z than I did my previous e46 M3. Not sure I'll enjoy the corvette community quite as much as this one, seems like 90% of vette owners are much older than myself. (I'm 20).

damn bro. you havent own a z for more than a year yet, assuming that u joined the z forum when u first bought you Z. I like corvette too but it looks too plain. The Z is sexier but corvette is much faster... good luck bro.

what you do for a living bro? 20 y.0. damn
Old 08-25-2010, 12:33 AM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Thumbs up

Thanks man, and it's cool. Here was the Z earlier in the summer:

If I was I'd gladly try to help you out, but the dealer I bought it off of actually is buying it off me for $4200.

Thanks for the good advice, but I am hoping my business will continue to flourish, and by that point I will have upgraded to my dream car (Lambo Gallardo). Might be a pipe dream, but if business continues how it is it should be more than doable.

Thank you sir, I'll enjoy it while being careful.

Well, I meant I've wanted a corvette since I was like 6-7. I used to call them "Chevrolette's" back then. And all three vehicles have been used when I've bought them, not like i'm paying the "new" price tag. The M3 had 40k miles on it and was an 03, the Z had 20k miles on it and waas an 03, and the corvette has 13k miles on it and is an 07. I run my own online affiliate marketing company, and that's where all this money comes from. I've gotten really lucky, and pay cash for these vehicles. Aside from that, i'm at college on a track scholarship so I don't really have many/any expenses. Food/alcohol, entertainment, cars/insurance. That's about it. (Apartment and most food is covered by scholarship). There are many my age much better off, but I'm happy with my life
Both are damn good looking cars. Congratulations.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:45 AM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Are you buying the C6 off of Ebay? They take deposits? I've never put a deposit on a car, and I'm on my 21st car and 3rd motorcycle (not kidding). I was, however, old enough to drink when I bought my first Z car. I also have taken no-shirt pictures in front of that Z car while in college.

Good luck with your business, just make sure you finish college.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:03 AM
marques1

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Augustus46
Please don't turn this into one of those threads! Plus, the Honda Accord and Ford Mustang don't cost near what an M3 and a C6 cost....

wasn't trying to make it one of those threads. It is just that when a young person succeeds in something someone always has to make a comment about it being suspicious. I also realize that a honda accord or a mustang isn't as much as an m3 or c6 but i guess you missed that i had a house also, Fail. Anyhow, nice collections of cars and keep doing your thing and finish up college.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:57 PM
RedlineAZ

Hey man, you look like Ronnie from Jersey shore