Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Window motor failed, is there a TSB for this?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2003, 08:02 PM
ZThang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window motor failed, is there a TSB for this?

My driver's side window is stuck in the down position. I rolled down the window driving home, and now it will not for the life of me come back up no matter how many times I try. I've heard of a few people having the same problem, but i was just wondering if there was a TSB out for this specifically because I KNOW that the dealer is going to try to blame my alarm system for this problem.

Also, does anyone know the logistics on how warranty vs. modifications work? I've heard that the dealer has to prove that your mod is what specifically caused the problem. Is this true?
Old 11-13-2003, 06:50 AM
zunzet

I don't have the problem with the window not going up or down, but it no longer drops 1/4" when i open the door. I does not drop at all. If I push the window down with my hand, it goes down the 1/4 " and when I close the door it closes fully.
Any ideas? It's such a pain to go to the dealer for such petty crap.
Old 11-13-2003, 07:10 AM
ZThang

That happened to my car earlier, and i took it in to fix, and I actually had to pay for it b/c they blamed it on my alarm...
Old 11-13-2003, 04:08 PM
zunzet

That sucks. Actually, this problem began after I had the windows tinted, but I would never tell the dealer.

The passenger window works fine. go figure.
Old 11-13-2003, 06:32 PM
Brando222
Ziologist

Default .

Had mine replaced no problem. Thought they would give me crap for aftermarket speakers in the door. One thing to check when you get it back is that the door is opening like it used to. My window catches in the molding when you open the door now, almost as if its not going down fast enough. Or tilted at the wrong angle. So eventually I'll have to take it back. My passenger door doesn't drop as much as the drivers side, and if I push it down it will drop some more easily, but I could care less about this as long as its not hitting or hindering the opening or closing of the door. Its funny when you open the door it definitely looks like its not going down much at all. But once you close the door you can see that it goes up a long way to make the seal. Kinda like an optical illusion. As long as its sealing its low door drop is fine with me.
Old 11-13-2003, 08:20 PM
channone

This just started happening to my drivers side window. Seems like it took 25k miles before things started to break/need replacing.
Old 11-13-2003, 08:35 PM
Cyclemut

Try rolling the window down all of the way (if they're down anyway, then OK) and then disconnect the battery. Leave it like that for about a minute, then reconnect it.

Use the negative cable on the battery for the disconnect, less sparks.

This should reset the system. If the problem persists, even after that, then the dealership will probably replace the motor.

How does the alarm tie into the window system?
Old 11-13-2003, 09:52 PM
ZThang

Originally posted by Cyclemut

How does the alarm tie into the window system?
That's what I'm sayin right!!!??? Well theres a wire that was spliced into (i think its the door lock sensor) and thats inside the door panel....so they tried to pin it on that last time....this time however, i'm coming in with a print out of the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, so hopefully they wont jack me around like last time.

BTW if anyone has never heard of it, you guys should really read up on the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. It explains a lot about what youre rights are when it comes to warranty work....like how dealers try to get you to buy their aftermarket stuff or try to void youre warranty with youre own aftermarket stuff is a big LIE!!!
Old 11-14-2003, 12:20 PM
3-fity

This actually happened to my car as well. I know its a different model but it could be an indication that the window motors are weak. They replaced it with no questions.