Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding cruise control...I know

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 09:35 PM
WTFMike

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Adding cruise control...I know

The general consensus of the forum is that cruise control can not be added to a base model car. I have searched and read all the threads. Let me state that I don't care if cruise controls actually works on my car. It is a 2004 base model, I am considering having my car dyno tuned with uprev. Which is why I would like to add the cruise control; So I can have a couple of different tunes and switch between them. I have talked to uprev and they said that they have talked to customers who have added it to their cars. After looking at the alldata wiring diagrams it appears that all of the wiring is there. I know I will need the cruise control buttons. I am curious as to if I will need to add the clutch and brakes switches? Also, it has been stated that I would need the ecu from a car that came with cruise control. If I located one from a wrecked car and installed it, could the tuner use the uprev software to turn off the other systems that I won't need such as VDC and other items that my base model does not have. Again, I don't necessarily care if cruise control will actually work; I just want to be able to select different maps if I decide to have my car uprev tuned. Thanks for any info. And if you must flame....flame on.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:29 AM
hellsoldiers08

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmm just a ideal but couldnt you just flash your ecu with the firm wire that comes with the Z that come with it. Sorry, if i didnt make sense with that because i had a sure hard time wording it as best as i could. Mind kinda running slow at 3:30 in the morning :/
Old 08-25-2010, 03:08 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I think that if you get the ECU from a car that has CC plus other features (VDC), then it's going to freak because it can't find the signals from the VDC related components. That could put your car in limp mode, etc.
Old 08-25-2010, 03:26 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,284 Likes on 1,646 Posts

Originally Posted by DavesZ#3
I think that if you get the ECU from a car that has CC plus other features (VDC), then it's going to freak because it can't find the signals from the VDC related components. That could put your car in limp mode, etc.
Without the yaw senser VDC would just be disabled, but a base "should" have all the stuff for TCS.

Reprogramming the keys may be a PITA
Old 08-25-2010, 03:36 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

True. Reprogramming keys is just $$$$.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:54 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

by the time you spend the time and money to do that, you could just bought a haltech. Hell there's a used ProEFI in the market place for cheap right now as well.

UTECs under 500$ are common as well. Osirus isnt that great to go thru all those hurdles.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:05 AM
WTFMike

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Well, I was choosing between UTEC and uprev. I would like to go with osiris because I see a lot of people switching from UTEC to uprev. I always hear about driveability issues with UTEC. I suppose I will look into haltech and pro-efi. With the cost of adding cruise control I probably should just go different route for engine management.However, from what I have read it seems that everyone really likes uprev.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:57 PM
AmnCruzie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have a Haltech, love it to death... definitely a great EMS. Only problem is (and this depends on where u live) finding somebody who's good at tuning them. I used to live in MD and had to have a guy from PA tune it for me, cuz nobody in the general MD area really specialized in Haltechs