Honda enthusiast...new to Nissan

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 05:49 PM
juju

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sakefon
Do yourself a favor and get a Z... I use to love Honda... until I got a Z
+1

Of course...I came from an automatic Civic so really anything would've been amazing.
Old 10-01-2010, 05:58 PM
AVL_350

Originally Posted by saywat?
why would anyone admit to being a honda enthusiast? i sure wouldnt if i was lol
Just a little better than a scion enthusiast.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:01 PM
1GR8350Z

why would anyone admit to being a honda enthusiast? i sure wouldnt if i was lol
I love Hondas. There's not a day that goes by that I don't miss my S2000

sorry i jus hate honda and cant stand them lol
How many have you owned?

maybe i said it wrong. its actually the ricers that own them that think their bad *** in them i hate.
That's every vehicle

the difference tho is honda ricrs have these slow *** rides and think its fast or something. like they truly believe their cars are the bomb cept the sleeper ones. the z ricers unfortunately have bad taste but they got the z motor lol. so its like slow ricers vs fast ricers lol
I drove my friend's inline pro turbocharged S2K last week and I assure you it was not slow. Do you believe that a stock Z motor is fast?

OP, get a Supra and call it a day

Last edited by 1GR8350Z; 10-01-2010 at 11:03 PM.
Old 10-02-2010, 04:19 AM
Dr. Venture

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

maybe i said it wrong. its actually the ricers that own them that think their bad *** in them i hate.

so then you do not actually "hate" Honda's....you "hate" the people who drive them?
Old 10-02-2010, 04:27 AM
1GR8350Z

Originally Posted by Dr. Venture
so then you do not actually "hate" Honda's....you "hate" the people who drive them?
He probably doesn't know enough about Hondas to know if he hates them or not.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:30 AM
kenny9596

put it this way i was at race legal here in sandiego last weekend its on an 1/8th mile track.. i saw 350z with an exhaust as far as i could tell, ther was also a black nsx it about as fast a mustang the 350 was about a car ahead of mustangs and the z was automatic
Old 10-03-2010, 12:34 PM
Dr. Venture

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

you all have to consider certain things in order to factor power.

Power to weight ratio
Faster revving motors
gearing

best way i can describe it is like a motorcycle. a 600cc bike will rev quicker and is lighter then a 1000cc bike. So it will sure enough take off much faster, but the 1000 will catch up fairly quick to pass em.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:49 AM
coltrain

Originally Posted by bmccann101
i seem to be in a charity mood w my posts today..
this is the guys first post tho. .. i shal be nice.

to be honest, were all #ssholes a little. but it comes w just being aggressive guys.. and im sure were all good w that.

Im 6'5"...
I was about to buy a 94 NSX before the Z.

An NSX is old.. theres no technology like the Z built in.

You will be replacing rubber parts and chasing problems.

The car itself will undoubtedly be fine.. but if you are really APPLES TO APPLES.. then youre talking about a new Z versus a NEW NSX.. and thats a terrible match up.

NSX, twice, maybe 3x the cost. Same HP.
NSX? lighter car. WIll be a bit faster
WIll you fit? No. Barely. goonishly.

Bottom line is that if youre talking about buying like a 2008 Z coupe versus a comparably priced NSX, youd be buying a much older car.
40k for a decent lower mileage used nsx is a brand new full priced 370z. 2011. Think of that. You even get new car smell standard.

40k on an older 2 owner car? Never a good idea.

I know NSX was cool, and i wont trash it as your dream car.. but in ITS class, its the WORST bang for the buck " supercar" (sic) that there is, and this is from the ouths of car and driver.

It was 287 hp for close to 100k.... insane.

If i was short like a yard gnome id buy a Lotus Esprit for 79k brand new and be done.. Thankfully im not.. and i didnt.

Buy a Z. Its got a 200k mile engine in it if cared for, a huge following of advice and tech, large aftermarket support... and stays up w my buddies new 997 911 porsche all day long w simple NA mods.

AND the used ones are super cheap since the 370 came out.

Theres no comparison.

Look at the reality.. youd pass up buying a newer reliable car to buy an old car to fake the funk.. never a good idea. I see ppl paying 40k for 2003 745 BMWs to act rich around here.. nice.. just paid 35k for a car w 117k miles on it.. hmm.

You say youve been in an NSx, but have you driven a Z?

It takes a long time to get bored w one, thats for sure.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the info. No I've never driven a Z...I'll probably go test drive one soon.

The NSX is definitely old. I am aware that if I buy a -1998 NSX, I'll probably be replacing small parts here and there. Although, 90% of existing NSX's are very well taken care of. Even early 90's models need very little part replacing with regular maintenance.

Originally Posted by KingBaby
saywat!

I say what too you bro!

due to the price of a honda the wrong hands have gotting a hold of them...

I'm still a honda lover at heart!

if I could find an alright frame I'd be flying pass your a$$ in a '91 CRX Si by two or more car lenghts...

FACT

HONDAs are great cars, as of late not really....

get a Z OP you won't regret.... a used 07/08 for under $22,500 is the best bang for the buck on the market with out looking like a flying brick i.e. WRX/EVO
My last car was a 92 Accord coupe...super clean with 240,000 miles. I always wanted to get a CRX to play with, so much potential. But it's extremely hard to find one that hasn't been messed with by some High School kid. And any mint CRX for sale is way over priced.

Originally Posted by AcidJake75
once you go RWD - you wont go back..

GL OP
Of course

Originally Posted by blasian
If he's a Honda guy, I'm sure he's well aware of an RSX.
Most Honda guys are Acura guys...we're the same breed. For years I wanted an RSX. Seemed like a great little car...fun to drive / tune, relatively inexpensive to maintain and affordable. It just doesn't "thrill" me like it use to.

I am so used to the typical Honda engine noise, I'm honestly looking for something with a bit more "grunt". A friend of mine has the new Civic Si Sedan. It deserves credit for being a friendly, well built and reliable car...but the engine is such a bummer. It needs to be thrashed to 8,000 rpm's to even feel a kick. Plus it's got that single pitch / monotone drone through the whole rpm band...gets boring after a while.

That's what made the NSX such a great option. It's got all the great qualities of a 90's Honda...but that engine noise is shockingly amazing!

But with daily fitment being a problem...I'm looking for something else that has that unique "grunt"...a car that's got ***** when I mash the pedal. e.g: Subaru STI, Nissan 350Z, Audi A4/S4

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LmkwUgQmlcg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LmkwUgQmlcg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ad1XphQUj1Q?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ad1XphQUj1Q?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EJ72EDp1G1Y?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EJ72EDp1G1Y?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 10-04-2010, 09:23 AM
paperchaser1341

The Z possibly could have a factory warranty on it when purchased but the nsx definitely wouldnt if thats a concern
Old 10-04-2010, 04:26 PM
prnstr40

Originally Posted by paperchaser1341
The Z possibly could have a factory warranty on it when purchased but the nsx definitely wouldnt if thats a concern

better hope the Z comes with a warranty. out of the 20, or so, bikes/cars/trucks i have owned, the Z is the only one I have had to take it in for issues. In fact, I have never been so disappointed with the quality of a car then I am with the Z. Its on par, quality wise, with a Jeep Wrangler I owned.

Every time I get into my Z, I miss my S2000 more and more. Everything about it, aside from the obvious lack of torque, was superior.

Its really too bad Honda doesn't make anything cool anymore, because I would jump ship in a second...
Old 10-04-2010, 05:54 PM
Jairen

Originally Posted by kenny9596
put it this way i was at race legal here in sandiego last weekend its on an 1/8th mile track.. i saw 350z with an exhaust as far as i could tell, ther was also a black nsx it about as fast a mustang the 350 was about a car ahead of mustangs and the z was automatic
I was there. That was a 91 NSX. He was only pulling 9.2-9.3@76mph. Trust me i know. I saw almost everyone's times.

From what I can tell, the white Z took it, My buddy in the DG STOCK G took it.

Not only that, to make things worse, he kept revving his motor at us for no ****ING reason. I even have it on video. Why would you rev your motor at people at the track?!?!?! It's totally fine if he wanted to race us by comming up to us like real men at the track do, but staying in his car while revving up his motor with his "mean mug" was uncalled for. He also kept trying to race the Nismo 370Z. Guy was a total doucebag.

Honda owners sometimes...

Sorry for the rant.

Last edited by Jairen; 10-04-2010 at 05:58 PM.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:02 PM
infinite

Originally Posted by prnstr40
Its really too bad Honda doesn't make anything cool anymore, because I would jump ship in a second...
could be worst... they could of been like Toyota which has stopped making sport cars for quite a while.

No Supra, no MK, and hah not even a damn Celica.