Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does owning a Z turn you into a douche??

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 07:22 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by NyCSnEaK
I would have to say Miami(South Beach) on the Ferrari and Lambo reference.
Nah not really...
Old 10-08-2010, 07:23 AM
stevehl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^haha the finger. But yes, no one in my area says hi either. I always look at their direction to see if their looking, so i can wave, but they never turn their heads. But you should expect this, since more younger kids are driving, and think they are hot s*it. Ive only had one person say hi to me, and it was on the freeway by a Black man.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:28 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

I've seen a couple guys from this forum and they've all either flicked the highbeams or a thumbs up, my response was the same. So I guess the Miami-Dade(Kendall) area Z group have not been infected with the douchebaggery effect.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:29 AM
Romanteni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stevehl
^^haha the finger. But yes, no one in my area says hi either. I always look at their direction to see if their looking, so i can wave, but they never turn their heads. But you should expect this, since more younger kids are driving, and think they are hot s*it. Ive only had one person say hi to me, and it was on the freeway by a Black man.
1 out of 2. Their either think they're hot ****, or mostly likely they're pissed at their mommy and daddy for getting them a "cheap *** Z" and not a Vette or like a Porsche 911 Turbo
Old 10-08-2010, 07:41 AM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

It's hit or miss around here. Most Z people (240-->370) are cool. Some don't understand the history and don't get it when I wave or give thumbs up to their newer Z-car.

I was in my 300 just last weekend when I came upon a PPW 350 on the highway. Having a 350 or two of our own, I gave him thumbs up. I guess he felt he would "show me" what having a 350 was all about, and proceeded to (try) and race me on the highway. At the end of this little "episode", I think he has a better understanding of the words respect your elders, because he toyed with the wrong 300 that day.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:42 AM
Romanteni

Originally Posted by scotts300
It's hit or miss around here. Most Z people (240-->370) are cool. Some don't understand the history and don't get it when I wave or give thumbs up to their newer Z-car.

I was in my 300 just last weekend when I came upon a PPW 350 on the highway. Having a 350 or two of our own, I gave him thumbs up. I guess he felt he would "show me" what having a 350 was all about, and proceeded to (try) and race me on the highway. At the end of this little "episode", I think he has a better understanding of the words respect your elders, because he toyed with the wrong 300 that day.
haha. Yeah, wish you could report those ppl to a mod on here and get their Z confiscated.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:51 AM
pcressey

Not once have I had a fellow Z owner give any acknowledgment here in Los Angeles.

When I owned my MINI from 2002 to 2006, about 85% of the owners would flick the beams at you. It was 100% up until 2004, then the MINI became the flavor of the month and could be bought without a waiting list or crazy markup.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:02 AM
gidiup

I peace at all the Zs and tuned cars. Some wave back some don't. Usually its the younger generation that doesn't.
Don't care because I know its only a matter of time before they crash into a tree.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:18 AM
Wu-Watt

I don't like when douches tell me they like my car. Unless they are in a respectable ride themselves. I always wave to proper Z's. Their really should be that mutual respect between 2 people that are so passionate about the same vehicle.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:19 AM
AVmagneticZ

Old 10-08-2010, 08:19 AM
AVmagneticZ

Originally Posted by gidiup
I peace at all the Zs and tuned cars. Some wave back some don't. Usually its the younger generation that doesn't.
Don't care because I know its only a matter of time before they crash into a tree.
^word
Old 10-08-2010, 08:23 AM
35oZephyR

Maybe, it's your initial demeanor?

Gotta realize, no matter how you look at it, it's a two-seater sportscar that projects a certain image. A large number of people buy these cars to fill a gap in their self-esteem, so the tendency to be insecure and stand-off ish is normal. (Ask the 3-series BMW guys...they know all about it....they actually have an unspoken pecking order.)

This still doesn't change the fact that there are real Z enthusiasts out there. I've gotten love from all walks of life but recently it's like a 1-6 ratio. I'm almost down to pull off to the side of the road and shoot the shet with the cool guys.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:40 AM
LollerShakes

So this thread has established that if you do not get a wave back or a common flash of the lights etc, its a 17yo whose about to crash their car into a tree/back of a semi etc. So who really cares if they dont wave back, just keep waving and smiling at the thought of when they dont wave back their soon getting karma to come back and bite them in the ***. well this case back of the Z into a tree or in another words
Old 10-08-2010, 08:43 AM
jpoeling

Hey lollershakes. We aren't all douches in the stl. You just need to find the right spot to see us. Come out to gateway raceway for an auto x event and there are some really cool z enthusiast out there. You can find out event info at stlsolo.org. I've also heard of a z club in the stl area but haven't gone to any of their meets to confirm how they are. If you get a chance by all means come out to an event. You will be pleasantly surprised at the level of compitition with the z at our events.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:06 AM
35oZephyR

ya'll gotta do what I do.
throw up the reverse peace sign.
If no response?
drop index finger.

Old 10-08-2010, 09:45 AM
KornerCarver

Received 171 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by jpoeling
Hey lollershakes. We aren't all douches in the stl. You just need to find the right spot to see us. Come out to gateway raceway for an auto x event and there are some really cool z enthusiast out there. You can find out event info at stlsolo.org. I've also heard of a z club in the stl area but haven't gone to any of their meets to confirm how they are. If you get a chance by all means come out to an event. You will be pleasantly surprised at the level of compitition with the z at our events.
The Gateway Z club is having a River Road Cruise on October 24. You can find details at www.GatewayzClub.com. And.............we are usually pretty pleasant people.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:50 AM
LollerShakes

Originally Posted by KornerCarver
The Gateway Z club is having a River Road Cruise on October 24. You can find details at www.GatewayzClub.com. And.............we are usually pretty pleasant people.
Yeah I well definitely check out stlsolo.org, the gatewayZ guys are great, i met Korver at the last car show, these guys are all on the IL side though so i do not consider that STL. Thats the O'fallon and Fairview area. I mean South County and West County and downtown STL. The kids who drive these today just make me disgusted at what they do to them...............
Old 10-08-2010, 09:56 AM
jpoeling

Thanks for the info korner. I will try and make it out to that event and check it out. Im in wentzville so we are really close by each other. I have a buddy who lives in lsl with a red z with black wheels you may have seen it from time to time

Last edited by jpoeling; 10-08-2010 at 09:59 AM.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:57 AM
gmueip
Hi Kids!

Thread title sounds like it was stolen from Jeremy Clarkson from Top Gear.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:58 AM
NyCSnEaK

Originally Posted by 35oZephyR
ya'll gotta do what I do.
throw up the reverse peace sign.
If no response?
drop index finger.
Simply classic

Quick Reply: Does owning a Z turn you into a douche??