Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does owning a Z turn you into a douche??

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 04:54 AM
fat3oy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does owning a Z turn you into a douche??

Just wondering. Maybe I'm too sensitive. I like Z's all of em. And when I see a Z on the road I wave or toss up a thumbs up, you know something.

For the most part, if its like a non tuner, like a family car, or a lady driver, they wave back, or give a thumbs up. We recognize how awesome our cars are and share a little something. Its special

BUT! If you are a tuner, even if its rice, you know stickers, stick on vents, zero offsets, you are a total douche. They dont wave back, they intentionally roll there eyes or something crazy to say "hey, i have a z and am better than you, even tho you have a z too."

I dont get it. I love the tuner culture, even lame cars that try. If I see a honda with the sterotypical mismatched body parts, flat black and dirty orange in color. I still say hey, me and that dude have something in common, we love our cars, respect! And I normally get respect back.

Z tuners for the most part are just dicks... Am I the only one who thinks this? What the hell causes this???

For example, yesterday driving home for work, I see a PPW on black with good offsets, kinda looked like mine. I was like "oh sweet" I pulled right next to me at a light. I waved, gave the thumbs up, had my windows down and said sweet Z man. He looked at me like i was retarded or something, and when the light turned he had to 'fast and furious' me all the while blowing oil all over the damn street. TOTAL DOUCHE!!!!

Wheres the love from all the Z owners????
Old 10-08-2010, 05:22 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

I give props whenever and 99% I get a welcomed response.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:28 AM
fat3oy

Originally Posted by Flo-ridaZ33
I give props whenever and 99% I get a welcomed response.
I need to move to florida then...
Old 10-08-2010, 05:37 AM
Deedilus

Every 350z owner I've met except for maybe one or two are super cool out here in San Antonio. And whenever I give props I get a welcome response 99% the time as well, hahah. Maybe it's just your area?
Old 10-08-2010, 05:40 AM
lgear080

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

maybe you're drawing generalizations from isolated iterations.

in addition, you'll likely run into these more random circumstances on the road - not at meets.

keep a positive attitude and don't reflect anyone else's bad behavior and you're set.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:48 AM
fat3oy

DAMN! Maybe i just live in doucheville. Its called Race City USA. I figured everyone here would be a gear head and give props. Reckon Not... LOL
Old 10-08-2010, 05:50 AM
AZHR

up here in AK, all the z guys wave at each other. 370z to 240z up here, we all wave to each other. good guys really. sometimes buy the time i see them, its to late to wave at them. however one guy here on base, doesnt wave or give a look at anyone. silver z with a de motor, with a HR hood ... i tried talking to him and say hi, but he just looked at me and said uh huh... then he walked off.... arizona was ok for z's also.... if you live by the base anyway....

and yes you are way too sensitive....

jk
Old 10-08-2010, 06:04 AM
AdvanZ33
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 189 Likes on 102 Posts

I always wave or flash fellow Z owners but I've made a habit not to look if they wave back. Between my Z and our Wrangler, there is a lot of acknowledgement between myself and other enthusiasts but don't hold your breath for the same courtesy. Some people drive what they drive because it's what they can afford, need or was handed down to them.

As far as tuners, well, we all know where the resale value of a Z is going so the crowd is getting younger and cockier. The Z isn't an iconic sports car but what was on the cover of the latest issue of Super Street.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:10 AM
LollerShakes

I have the same issue in STL, if i see a badass tuner car i always give the appropriate thumbs up or wave or something, hell ill even go out of the way and roll my window down to do it. I get nothing in return. I had this one guy in a 350z who pulled up(asian about 17 or 18) had carbon fiber body kit not painted and installed very poorly.(looked like a cheap honda civic body kit modified) and he starts revving up his stock exhaust next to me. I had my window down and my music up with a semi-hotty in the passenger seat(shes a 6.5 but when drunk shes an 8.5 type girl if you feel me) anyway, i say nice Z man what year, and he says, NEWER than yours and the light turns green and he revs away..............he forgot that theres a light 20 yards up and instantly stops. I get up to the light and say, nice 0-30 bro my turn. He rolls his window up and looks the other way as hes embarassed now, anyway i took off and roasted him, he had an 03 base from what i could tell by no steering wheel controls and his license plate had 03 in it. I hate having to do **** like that, but some people are just total asses around here. Car meets honestly are not that great here either. We have an STL-Imports and those guys have stock volkswagons and acuras and a couple hondas. theres one nice lexus and they think their ALL the coolest cause 1 guy in the club has a nice car..........its kinda lame here. STL NOT a TUNER city. Memphis on the other hand is definitely a tuner city, i got waves all the time down there. I really think its all about location.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:14 AM
trodis
350Z-holic

Yes it does...punk!

/Thread
Old 10-08-2010, 06:28 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

lmao...
Old 10-08-2010, 06:37 AM
Frosty87

it does to most in my area there is no z love i get more respect from people driving different cars
Old 10-08-2010, 06:39 AM
NyCSnEaK

There are about 4-5 Z's where I live and all, but one acknowledges back. The funny thing being, that he is an older individual. It doesn't bother me at all, because I'm always smiling when piloting the Z. It's resembles being in a state of euphoria.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:40 AM
kham25

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Seriously ur egos gets hurt when people don't wave back and smile at you? I'm a douche bag then. Never put much though into it honestly..
Old 10-08-2010, 06:55 AM
LollerShakes

Originally Posted by kham25
Seriously ur egos gets hurt when people don't wave back and smile at you? I'm a douche bag then. Never put much though into it honestly..
yeah but your form new york kham so thats expected, plus LA and NEW YORK are ferrari and lambo heaven so a 350z is nothing special out there
Old 10-08-2010, 06:56 AM
Romanteni

Originally Posted by kham25
Didn't get that impression from his post. But I'd have to agree that crowd gets younger and DOUCHE BAGGIER. The younger generation was raised like ****, so they got no respect for others, or others' work. These new 16-21 year olds who got their cars for less money then a new civic are often stuck up **** heads.

Now yes, tons of awesome guys/girls out there who still give props when they see a nice ride, so thumbs up to you guys for at least having manners.

edit: no offense, but read the other guys' post about you being from NYC. I've lived all over the counry/europe. And sadly, being a douche bag is one of the cultural traits now...

Last edited by Romanteni; 10-08-2010 at 07:17 AM.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:04 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Sounds like you were one before the Z then too... lol j/k
Old 10-08-2010, 07:08 AM
NyCSnEaK

Originally Posted by LollerShakes
yeah but your form new york kham so thats expected, plus LA and NEW YORK are ferrari and lambo heaven so a 350z is nothing special out there
I would have to say Miami(South Beach) on the Ferrari and Lambo reference.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:11 AM
AVmagneticZ

every z i see that isnt a dude i know from the forums is a ****ing douche. had a nismo with a x02 exhaust the other day drive like a douche to show off near me? the ****? i cant even count how many douche 350z drivers there are in my area. **** gets me so godamn angry.
3 years ago i could be driving and give the thumbs up to a z driver n get it right back. or a wave or something. now not a damn thing i dont even bother anymore, rather just give em the finger.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:14 AM
LollerShakes

Originally Posted by AVmagneticZ
every z i see that isnt a dude i know from the forums is a ****ing douche. had a nismo with a x02 exhaust the other day drive like a douche to show off near me? the ****? i cant even count how many douche 350z drivers there are in my area. **** gets me so godamn angry.
3 years ago i could be driving and give the thumbs up to a z driver n get it right back. or a wave or something. now not a damn thing i dont even bother anymore, rather just give em the finger.

Quick Reply: Does owning a Z turn you into a douche??