Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Does owning a Z turn you into a douche??

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 12:06 PM
Steve-O Z33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I see another Z car (any year/stock or modded) and it's day time, I'll usually give my high beams a flash. If the window is down, I'll throw my hand up. Some return the same gesture, others give me a poker face.

Most of the time when I pull up beside another Z, they act like a douche. There was 1 time I pulled up beside a 300ZX and the guy actually had a shout conversation until we got a green light. Neither of us tried to prove anything at the green. That was cool.

It's not just Zs. It's any relatively quick and/or sporty car. I think kids in SRT4s, Evos, and Cobalts are some of the biggest d-bags of all. It's just my personal experience that gives me that vibe. And have I met any owners of those cars that made me think otherwise? No. Another bad group seems to be swapped civics. But I have met some decent guys with those.

I've met a lot of cool Z owners. We had a meet a few months back in NC and there were only about 5 douche bags there. They didn't talk to anyone and they got lost after 15 minutes. Most of us went in not knowing anyone and we all ended up having a good time. Like I said, there were about 5 guys in 3 cars that had a bad attitude. The funny thing is, they were probably older than the rest of us. (I'd say mid 30s)

The biggest thing I think is that most people come out of a car that sucks. It's something older, slow, and ugly. Then they get a Z or other nice car. Their confidence goes up too quick for their own good. Imagine going from a hyundai commuter to a Z. Slow economy car to a car that feels extremely fast in comparison. Some people can't handle that.

Last edited by Steve-O Z33; 10-13-2010 at 12:09 PM.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:30 PM
Dr. Venture

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve-O Z33

It's not just Zs. It's any relatively quick and/or sporty car. I think kids in SRT4s, Evos, and Cobalts are some of the biggest d-bags of all. It's just my personal experience that gives me that vibe

i'll vouch for the SRT4's......EMO kids got serious issues when coming along side the Z.

I have an EVO and im nice..lol
Old 10-13-2010, 12:55 PM
350Zdj

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

most douchies i've encoutered so far are Stang and V8 owners. They love to "launch" at stoplights. One loser Stang driver repeatedly revved at me with his stock exhaust. i mean wtf.

Funniest experience i had was when this Z06 slowed down to rev next to my window, I looked back at him and revved till red line. After that he just simply looked straight and just coasted down the road. LOL. Must've thought the Z was loaded or smthing.

So yea. It's not just Z drivers. Douchfugs are everywhere, doesnt matter what car they drive

Last edited by 350Zdj; 10-13-2010 at 12:57 PM.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:36 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's not just Zs. It's any relatively quick and/or sporty car. I think kids in SRT4s, Evos, and Cobalts are some of the biggest d-bags of all.
90% of Evo owners I've met, or encountered on the road have been pretty cool, down to earth guys (AND girls). I generally assume most of them are enthusiasts off the bat.

People don't just casually spend that much on a car like that because it's "cool". Only very few parents will go out and buy their kid something like that, considering the insurance rates and attention from law enforcement.

Plus, you can only be so douche in a rally-car that looks like a Lancer.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:28 PM
Romanteni

Originally Posted by sssmasss
ahhahah I am asian!! i think the reason why asian dont wave back at u because they are afraid of you. havent you heard that a true Asian are taught to be afraid of blac? i dont know but that is what my uncles told me.. always related rich Black with mobs and poor black with criminals!

I myself do not think like that but i think lots of Asian are thinking like that..

And damn Middle Easterner!! <<<<that is all i want to say
oh gosh hahahahaha omfg that sent me rolling down the floor LOL. Dude good come back... lots of asian kids I grew up with were really rich, parents docs, or worked as managers for toyota and ****, some owned chinese restaurants and they thought they were the ****. They did work hard on their rides (many of them at least) but most of them are too cocky. I do have some good asian brothers, used to kick it with them back in chi-town
Old 10-13-2010, 04:09 PM
BoomerZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's not just Zs. It's any relatively quick and/or sporty car. I think kids in SRT4s, Evos, and Cobalts are some of the biggest d-bags of all. It's just my personal experience that gives me that vibe.
i've only had problems with SRT4 drivers. so cocky and immature. everyone else i've met has been cool.
Old 10-13-2010, 06:31 PM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

The thought occurs to me that if you are a douche to begin with, the car doesn't make any difference other than another opportunity to express your douchiness in yet another manner.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:01 PM
Steve-O Z33

Originally Posted by Dr. Venture
i'll vouch for the SRT4's......EMO kids got serious issues when coming along side the Z.

I have an EVO and im nice..lol
Originally Posted by 35oZephyR
90% of Evo owners I've met, or encountered on the road have been pretty cool, down to earth guys (AND girls). I generally assume most of them are enthusiasts off the bat.

People don't just casually spend that much on a car like that because it's "cool". Only very few parents will go out and buy their kid something like that, considering the insurance rates and attention from law enforcement.

Plus, you can only be so douche in a rally-car that looks like a Lancer.
Most of the people I've encountered with Evos were young guys who most likely had their parents buy the car and pay for their mods. I guess there are more in NC. Here, the Evo guys also run with the SRT4 guys and they act alike. It sucks. But there are some young douches with 350Zs as well.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:23 PM
WSchli1672

Here in Northern Cal, Zer's are pretty cool people. I wave and always get a wave back. I only once had a Camaro Do the rev thing, so I did the rev back and that was it. I do have a somewhat tuner, i.e. s/c, cams, etc. But I just like to drive. Took it to Chula Vista (San Diego) from Monterey. It was a nice drive and ran like a champ. Several time I cruised with other sports cars and we all had a good time. I didn't think St. Louis was like that, as I came from there, but it's location, location, location. CA. is a sports car state and lots of them, with most friendly as to Z's, corvettes, etc. The Subaru drivers tend to be a little different though. I've had the 260Z, 280Z, 350Z, Porsche, two camaro's. Only problems was with the Porsche and not from other sports car owners.

Last edited by WSchli1672; 10-13-2010 at 08:43 PM.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:35 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"The Subaru drivers tend to be a little different though."

^ My stereotype of subaru guys (only cuz my friends are into them too ):

A.) "I'm an IT guy...check out my polo shirt, comb-over and polarized Oakleys. I'll throw you the deuce if you're cool as me. btw...i hate evo's."

B.) "I'm following the X-games trend. Check out my Monster energy drink sponsored baseball cap with the flat bill. Do you snowboard brah? Ken block is my hero."
Old 10-13-2010, 08:42 PM
sssmasss

Originally Posted by 35oZephyR
^ lol, dude only foreign Asians think like that. The rest of us don't care.

And there are asians from Oklahoma in San Diego??? You must be Viet.

btw- I just realized, I have never waved or acknowledged a Z roadster. It's almost like they have a different car.
no i am not Viet! but very close.. Chinese
Old 10-13-2010, 08:50 PM
sssmasss

Originally Posted by Romanteni
oh gosh hahahahaha omfg that sent me rolling down the floor LOL. Dude good come back... lots of asian kids I grew up with were really rich, parents docs, or worked as managers for toyota and ****, some owned chinese restaurants and they thought they were the ****. They did work hard on their rides (many of them at least) but most of them are too cocky. I do have some good asian brothers, used to kick it with them back in chi-town
it is great when someone understood what i am talking about
Old 10-13-2010, 08:57 PM
WSchli1672

I met a Subaru guy here, after he decided to take off on me here at a light, but I quickly passed him and at the next light he waved me into a Shell Station. Said he was surprised as he liked to race Z's and they didn't do that, (of course they probably didn't have 400+ hp either". When he asked me what I had under the hood, I said, "A engine with V8 Juice". We both laughed. He's in a club here and I invited them to my Annual Carmel Valley/Pebble Beach Run. Four of them showed up to check it out. I had over 100+ for the run and they were quite surprised. I do it every year in Sept till this year when health reasons it was canceled, but will be back next year again. We have Z's, G's, vettes, Porsche, NSX's, etc. My friends here and I like the "Call of Duty". You mentioned Oakley's. Those are the best in my opinion. I have two pair at all times, as I tend to lose a pair every time I fly somewhere or go on a long trip. Last year I left a pair in the Kansas City Airport, I have also lost a pair at the San Francisco airport, and another pair in Okinawa, Japan. I like travel and my glasses like to get lost. When I go to Chula Vista, I go to the Military Base and pick up a couple pair, as it's much cheaper and no tax. Snow board no...scuba dive...Hawaii, Okinawa, Philippines (PADI Master Scuba Instructor) for many years, part of the reasons I traveled all over. Stopped diving now though and more into just cruising, going to car meets, or doing some, and traveling. By the way traveling by train is a lot more fun then flying. Took a trip by train to KC and St. Louis. That's the way to travel if not in a hurry. But the number 1 way to have fun is cruising in a Z. That's my favorite sports car I have owned.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:21 PM
MannySRT8

On the way home today from work...asian kid in a sick looking Evo...was on my @ss half way home..if i would of hit my brakes..I would of had a new rear bumper and him a new face.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:27 PM
WSchli1672

Cool

The trick to that is don't hit your brakes, just touch them to make the brake lights come on. I did that to a mr2 on my tail and the lady hit her brakes so hard that it looked like her head was going to go through the windshield. I would say at that point she was: And she kept her distance after that, a good distance to be exact.
Originally Posted by MannySRT8
On the way home today from work...asian kid in a sick looking Evo...was on my @ss half way home..if i would of hit my brakes..I would of had a new rear bumper and him a new face.

Last edited by WSchli1672; 10-13-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Old 10-13-2010, 11:37 PM
rajan06

Originally Posted by WSchli1672
The trick to that is don't hit your brakes, just touch them to make the brake lights come on. I did that to a mr2 on my tail and the lady hit her brakes so hard that it looked like her head was going to go through the windshield. I would say at that point she was: And she kept her distance after that, a good distance to be exact.
This is one negative abt the Z - the rear view is terrible esp when a douche is on ur tail.
today. i was driving to work and a guy in accord was freaking on my tail as if he was teasing me -- and guess what -- asian !!!!

roads are by asians
Old 10-14-2010, 04:59 AM
BoomerZ33

Originally Posted by rajan06
This is one negative abt the Z - the rear view is terrible esp when a douche is on ur tail.
today. i was driving to work and a guy in accord was freaking on my tail as if he was teasing me -- and guess what -- asian !!!!

roads are by asians
asian invasion?

let's just say you're the one driving like an a$$ and you're cutting people off, then you get to a stop light. do you guys ever look at the drivers after they pull up next to you and start flipping you off and shouting at you?
Old 10-14-2010, 05:09 AM
Armed Ferret

Originally Posted by BoomerZ33
asian invasion?

let's just say you're the one driving like an a$$ and you're cutting people off, then you get to a stop light. do you guys ever look at the drivers after they pull up next to you and start flipping you off and shouting at you?
I don't drive like that, but if I did, I'd just give 'em the old Paul Walker Stare.

Old 10-14-2010, 05:53 AM
sir captian

Originally Posted by PerfZ
The thought occurs to me that if you are a douche to begin with, the car doesn't make any difference other than another opportunity to express your douchiness in yet another manner.
So true.....
Old 10-14-2010, 06:53 AM
Blonde06Z

Well Here in Pensacola we dont really have any rude 350 drivers. everyone is pretty nice!! But there are the occasional Domestic douche bags!! Which dont get me wrong i use to be engaged to a domestic guy so i dont really pay much attention everyone gets there heads in the sky sometimes but i always find it funny when one of the imports waxs a vet or a camaro or a mustang lol!!

LOVE ITT!!!

but as far as 350's go Everyone is pretty awesome!!

Quick Reply: Does owning a Z turn you into a douche??