Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 01:34 PM
fowlman01

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NotdaddysZ
Well wow, you have some nice parents don cha? Even though a Mitsubishi is no 350Z. My grandpa helped me buy my first car, but since then, I've paid for my own vehicles. And I'm NOT a 17 year old, but I DO pay for my own rent, insurance, gas, food, utilities, and cell phone bill. The rest are paid by the company I work for. But obviously, if you guys haven't figured this out yet, there's no way for me to really prove to you that I do. All you guys can do is fire off these remarks that I'm a liar, and you guys can't prove it either. But I think I can live with myself knowing that I'm completely independent at 19, and I do have my own Z that I pay for myself whether you believe me or not. I don't have to prove anything to you guys.

And PS, it doesn't have 80,000 miles on it. I have a 2005 350ZR with 45,000 miles on it.
now I do think you are a liar..........
Old 07-13-2009, 01:37 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow...

WTF @ wheels, bling grill, wing.

Cheapness shows.

Now post up a rear view.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:58 PM
Cky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im 20 and i bought my own 2003 350z, in cash. But i am in the US Marines and just got back from Iraq. I saved every last penny for this car, though there is not much to buy while over there. I Pay all my own expenses. But no matter where i go people always treat me like "daddy bought it", ticks me off. I earned mine. But i understand, seeing trust fund babies ticks me off too. But mostly cause im jealous, wish i didnt have to work for everything i want.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:02 PM
JEKL

Originally Posted by NotdaddysZ
Well wow, you have some nice parents don cha? Even though a Mitsubishi is no 350Z. My grandpa helped me buy my first car, but since then, I've paid for my own vehicles. And I'm NOT a 17 year old, but I DO pay for my own rent, insurance, gas, food, utilities, and cell phone bill. The rest are paid by the company I work for. But obviously, if you guys haven't figured this out yet, there's no way for me to really prove to you that I do. All you guys can do is fire off these remarks that I'm a liar, and you guys can't prove it either. But I think I can live with myself knowing that I'm completely independent at 19, and I do have my own Z that I pay for myself whether you believe me or not. I don't have to prove anything to you guys.

And PS, it doesn't have 80,000 miles on it. I have a 2005 350ZR with 45,000 miles on it.
Yeah, a brand new Eclipse and a 4 year old ZR, those are pretty comparable in terms of cost.

Anyway, I could care less if you pay for your **** or not, just wanted to point out that what you have really isn't anything worth many people being jealous of.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:56 PM
breakyoselfvq35

I'm 19 now, got my Z when I was 17 and in high school. '06, Track, black. Drove it for about a year, then gave it back to my brother. Long story short, my brother wanted a car, my mom bought him the Z new. I wanted a car and my brother wanted a bike a year later, so I got the Z and my brother got a GSXR1000. A year later, I have the Z back to my brother and now I have a 07 Triumph Daytona 675. IMHO, the 350z isn't anything very special. The only dangerous thing it does is inspire confidence. If you can't keep that at bay whenever you want to do something stupid, you'd end up like a lot of people on this forum. Now, you can get a 350z for about 15k now. If you have the money, then you have the ability to drive the car. It's your cash, so you do what you want with it. I do admit that I don't like other teenager having sports cars, but considering they all kill themselves in a canyon or some stupid drag race in the middle of the night, and I never ride that late, be my guest to do whatever you please.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:13 PM
illjim69

Received 545 Likes on 443 Posts

probably an auto too. not hard to pay rent in that area huh? no offense, but the area looks pretty run down.

oh and mow your grass Mr. Independent.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:14 PM
illjim69

Originally Posted by breakyoselfvq35
I'm 19 now, got my Z when I was 17 and in high school. '06, Track, black. Drove it for about a year, then gave it back to my brother. Long story short, my brother wanted a car, my mom bought him the Z new. I wanted a car and my brother wanted a bike a year later, so I got the Z and my brother got a GSXR1000. A year later, I have the Z back to my brother and now I have a 07 Triumph Daytona 675. IMHO, the 350z isn't anything very special. The only dangerous thing it does is inspire confidence. If you can't keep that at bay whenever you want to do something stupid, you'd end up like a lot of people on this forum. Now, you can get a 350z for about 15k now. If you have the money, then you have the ability to drive the car. It's your cash, so you do what you want with it. I do admit that I don't like other teenager having sports cars, but considering they all kill themselves in a canyon or some stupid drag race in the middle of the night, and I never ride that late, be my guest to do whatever you please.
sounds like your parents are pretty irresponsible, buying teens sports cars and sport bikes. maybe they don't like you guys.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:29 PM
breakyoselfvq35

Originally Posted by illjim69
sounds like your parents are pretty irresponsible, buying teens sports cars and sport bikes. maybe they don't like you guys.
lol. Yup, super irresponsible. Don't hate the player, hate the game. You'd do the same in my position, if not worse. I'm not going to take lesson's on irresponsibility from someone who wastes his money on mods to a 350z. Unless your doing a full engine rebuild or something of that caliber, with massive turbo, etc., you're wasting your cash!

Last edited by breakyoselfvq35; 07-13-2009 at 08:31 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:50 PM
zldav1dlz

92 prelude
97 integra
03 350z

Biggest upgrade of my life so far.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:54 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Unless your doing a full engine rebuild or something of that caliber, with massive turbo, etc., you're wasting your cash!
Unless you track your bike and compete, spending cash a sportbike is a waste of cash as well.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:51 PM
fowlman01

lol. Yup, super irresponsible. Don't hate the player, hate the game. You'd do the same in my position, if not worse. I'm not going to take lesson's on irresponsibility from someone who wastes his money on mods to a 350z. Unless your doing a full engine rebuild or something of that caliber, with massive turbo, etc., you're wasting your cash!

I would have to take a wild guess and assume that is just your opinion...or am I wrong and you are some fountainhead of information?
Old 07-13-2009, 11:13 PM
Legacy406

Received 3,345 Likes on 2,634 Posts

biggest BS saying if you have the money you have the ability to handle the car
Old 07-14-2009, 04:15 AM
gixxerfrog

Originally Posted by illjim69
+1 and they dont buy u small bikes (not sure if its his first bike or not) but 1000 gsxr. my first bike was am 06 gsxr 600 and i think that its plenty of power... i think a 750 would be max id go. i tested my buddies R1, thats alot of bike to handle. a few months later he traded it in, he also said its too much. i mean the 600 goes 0-60 in 3.5 sec.

that makes no sense - if u have the money u can handle the car. what does having money have to do with driving the car?
Old 07-14-2009, 04:57 AM
ldstang50

If you have the money, then you have the ability to drive the car.
Huh??? If thats the case, how did Jimmy Johnson who grew up in a trailer park have the ability to drive?
Are you really that uneducated or were born this handicapped? Hearing comments like this really makes me think about the nature vs nurture debate.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:43 AM
My Revenge

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cky
Im 20 and i bought my own 2003 350z, in cash. But i am in the US Marines and just got back from Iraq. I saved every last penny for this car, though there is not much to buy while over there. I Pay all my own expenses. But no matter where i go people always treat me like "daddy bought it", ticks me off. I earned mine. But i understand, seeing trust fund babies ticks me off too. But mostly cause im jealous, wish i didnt have to work for everything i want.
you don't have to work for everything you want, you are paid on salary.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:49 AM
fowlman01

Originally Posted by My Revenge
you don't have to work for everything you want, you are paid on salary.
What is that supposed to mean??? Are you saying that if you are in the service it is not working? I hope that was not your intent.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:54 AM
Hsummer

Originally Posted by fowlman01
What is that supposed to mean??? Are you saying that if you are in the service it is not working? I hope that was not your intent.
+1, I really hope that isn't what he meant. Saying the service isn't work is pretty messed up
Old 07-14-2009, 07:12 AM
breakyoselfvq35

Originally Posted by Spork
Unless you track your bike and compete, spending cash a sportbike is a waste of cash as well.
Working on that right now. You can't just jump from no experience right onto a track.

All I'm saying is that it's your money, in one way or another, and it shouldn't be anyone's business what you do with it unless you try to flaunt it. Some are just excited about their new 350z, and they decide to post it up on here to share their excitement. They post a little bio, and then they get bashed when someone finds out their are young. I shouldn't have to hide the fact that I'm young. In fact, most 350z owners in my area are my age, which is why I find this bashing thread so humorous. Another reason is because I can't really see the Z as such a "supercar" that everyone thinks it is. It is a superb car, but I've seen 17, 18 year olds with 500, and even 800 horsepower cobras. That worries me much more. I've met a guy with a 900 horsepower cobra that wheelies on street tires. The final reason is if the parents bought the car for them. The parents worked very hard to make their child's life better. Now their kid is suffering just because the parent wants to make them happy? **** off. It's not your place to decide whether or not that person deserved it. After all, all you have to judge is a couple paragraphs at best.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:51 AM
illjim69

the key words here are MY CASH, not mommy and daddy's, who clearly wasted their money on you and your spoiled brother. nothing says loving like sending your teenagers out on the roads with sport bikes and 300hp cars.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:01 AM
illjim69

Working on that right now. You can't just jump from no experience right onto a track.

All I'm saying is that it's your money, in one way or another, and it shouldn't be anyone's business what you do with it unless you try to flaunt it. Some are just excited about their new 350z, and they decide to post it up on here to share their excitement. They post a little bio, and then they get bashed when someone finds out their are young. I shouldn't have to hide the fact that I'm young. In fact, most 350z owners in my area are my age, which is why I find this bashing thread so humorous. Another reason is because I can't really see the Z as such a "supercar" that everyone thinks it is. It is a superb car, but I've seen 17, 18 year olds with 500, and even 800 horsepower cobras. That worries me much more. I've met a guy with a 900 horsepower cobra that wheelies on street tires. The final reason is if the parents bought the car for them. The parents worked very hard to make their child's life better. Now their kid is suffering just because the parent wants to make them happy? **** off. It's not your place to decide whether or not that person deserved it. After all, all you have to judge is a couple paragraphs at best.
bolded =

how are the kids suffering? because someone is making fun of them on the internet? i weep for our country's future.

Quick Reply: This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...