Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 11:55 AM
kensin0429

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok hes a raper
Old 07-12-2009, 12:51 PM
Legacy406

Received 3,345 Likes on 2,634 Posts

^ WHat?
Old 07-12-2009, 01:04 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

a raper. He's one.
Old 07-12-2009, 01:48 PM
Modrummer

I can't make my mind up about this thread. Half the time it leaves me laughing, the other half, it makes me wonder how adults can be so immature. I realize that alot of the people on here are b.s. teens, but seriously, give the rest a break!
Old 07-12-2009, 01:50 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Originally Posted by Modrummer
I can't make my mind up about this thread. Half the time it leaves me laughing, the other half, it makes me wonder how adults can be so immature. I realize that alot of the people on here are b.s. teens, but seriously, give the rest a break!
I'm a 31 year old child. Read up.

No break.
Old 07-12-2009, 06:01 PM
Legacy406

The thing is alot of these kids come on here tryin to brag that they are 17 and own a Z. Nobody cares, nobody asked how old you are so dont bring it up. They way I see it is if you come on here and act normal like most people do you will earn respect and THEN if someone asks your age its cool.
Old 07-12-2009, 08:52 PM
Teo350z

I'm currently 19 and here's my list:

1999 VW Passat Turbocharged (still drive it to work)
2003 350z (I'd marry this car)
Old 07-12-2009, 09:03 PM
Modrummer

Originally Posted by Legacy406
The thing is alot of these kids come on here tryin to brag that they are 17 and own a Z. Nobody cares, nobody asked how old you are so dont bring it up. They way I see it is if you come on here and act normal like most people do you will earn respect and THEN if someone asks your age its cool.
Valid point. I encourage any RESPONSIBLE young Z owners to follow this advice. But why not just ignore the ones who don't instead of stooping to their level and trading insults? I just find that childish...
Old 07-12-2009, 09:28 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Valid point. I encourage any RESPONSIBLE young Z owners to follow this advice. But why not just ignore the ones who don't instead of stooping to their level and trading insults? I just find that childish...
Hard to ignore them when they make hundreds of threads each day asking what the cheapest way to do something is. I'm sick of seeing threads looking for opinions on cheap *** wheels and which CAI is best.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:26 AM
TittieZ

Originally Posted by Spork
Hard to ignore them when they make hundreds of threads each day asking what the cheapest way to do something is. I'm sick of seeing threads looking for opinions on cheap *** wheels and which CAI is best.
Haha yeah I can see how that would be annoying, but if that's the case, then why do you question the validity of some users means to own a Z in the first place? I don't think anyone asked those questions pertaining to cheap mods in this forum. It just seems to me like some of you guys are going out of your way to insult the young Z owners just because they have what you didn't have when you were our age, regardless to whether they bought the car themselves or their parents bought it for them.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:28 AM
TittieZ

Originally Posted by kensin0429
ok hes a raper
Raper? Don't you mean rapist...?
Old 07-13-2009, 12:35 AM
TittieZ

So even though your parents are in a rough financial spot, you're an assh*le enough to use their money for your own selfish wants?
Originally Posted by Divergent13
Sigh, this kid had a bucket of FAIL poured all over him.

v0lc0m|350z =
NotdaddysZ =

Next!
Hahaha I think none of this is really penetrating... My parents AREN'T in that tight of a financial spot, and haven't I said like half a dozen times that they DIDN'T pay for it? Even that they didn't help in the purchase? Their job isn't to pay for my wants, and they didn't so why does this accusation that they DID pay for it keep coming up? I think you guys are more immature than the 17 year olds...
Old 07-13-2009, 06:11 AM
JEKL

Originally Posted by NotdaddysZ
Haha yeah I can see how that would be annoying, but if that's the case, then why do you question the validity of some users means to own a Z in the first place? I don't think anyone asked those questions pertaining to cheap mods in this forum. It just seems to me like some of you guys are going out of your way to insult the young Z owners just because they have what you didn't have when you were our age, regardless to whether they bought the car themselves or their parents bought it for them.
Wrong on that assumption. I had a brand new Mitsubishi Eclipse before I turned 16 that mommy and daddy paid the vast majority of. Totalled that car within 4 months but that was OK because my parents had already bought me a 280ZX because I wanted a manual. Totalled it about a year later and was given a RX-7. Got a speeding ticket after a few months so my dad took it away and bought me another 280ZX. Four sports cars before I graduated high school. So no, I am not jealous of some kid who was given a 6 year old 350Z with 80k miles on it.

The difference was that I never tried to pass it off as anything else. I was given those cars and was very appreciative for being blessed with parents that had the ability and desire to do all of that for me.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:21 AM
illjim69

Received 545 Likes on 443 Posts

show me a 17 year old who bought the Z on their own with no help from anyone, pays their own rent/mortgage, insurance, gas, food, utilities, college bills, cell phone bill, health insurance, etc and i will show you a liar.

face it, nobody cares if you were given a nice car or if you work and still live at home and bought a nice car. but nobody respects someone who acts like it's some sort of accomplishment and certainly nobody likes a liar, which is what 99.9% of all these kids are who claim to have paid for everything they own themselves are.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:51 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

I think you guys are more immature than the 17 year olds...
Maybe, but at least we aren't liars.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:28 AM
TittieZ

Originally Posted by jekl1000
Wrong on that assumption. I had a brand new Mitsubishi Eclipse before I turned 16 that mommy and daddy paid the vast majority of. Totalled that car within 4 months but that was OK because my parents had already bought me a 280ZX because I wanted a manual. Totalled it about a year later and was given a RX-7. Got a speeding ticket after a few months so my dad took it away and bought me another 280ZX. Four sports cars before I graduated high school. So no, I am not jealous of some kid who was given a 6 year old 350Z with 80k miles on it.

The difference was that I never tried to pass it off as anything else. I was given those cars and was very appreciative for being blessed with parents that had the ability and desire to do all of that for me.
Originally Posted by illjim69

show me a 17 year old who bought the Z on their own with no help from anyone, pays their own rent/mortgage, insurance, gas, food, utilities, college bills, cell phone bill, health insurance, etc and i will show you a liar.

face it, nobody cares if you were given a nice car or if you work and still live at home and bought a nice car. but nobody respects someone who acts like it's some sort of accomplishment and certainly nobody likes a liar, which is what 99.9% of all these kids are who claim to have paid for everything they own themselves are.
Well wow, you have some nice parents don cha? Even though a Mitsubishi is no 350Z. My grandpa helped me buy my first car, but since then, I've paid for my own vehicles. And I'm NOT a 17 year old, but I DO pay for my own rent, insurance, gas, food, utilities, and cell phone bill. The rest are paid by the company I work for. But obviously, if you guys haven't figured this out yet, there's no way for me to really prove to you that I do. All you guys can do is fire off these remarks that I'm a liar, and you guys can't prove it either. But I think I can live with myself knowing that I'm completely independent at 19, and I do have my own Z that I pay for myself whether you believe me or not. I don't have to prove anything to you guys.

And PS, it doesn't have 80,000 miles on it. I have a 2005 350ZR with 45,000 miles on it.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:48 AM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Post up a pic of your car
Old 07-13-2009, 12:26 PM
Legacy406

hey gais is rotas with volk stickerz cool kthxbai
Old 07-13-2009, 12:27 PM
Legacy406

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
Maybe, but at least we aren't liars.
+1
Old 07-13-2009, 12:31 PM
TittieZ

Post up a pic of your car
https://my350z.com/forum/members/not...re19481-z2.jpg

Quick Reply: This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...