Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 10:46 AM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

I wish my parents bought me a 350z
Old 03-15-2010, 11:06 AM
FineWine

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
I don't know why being "car poor" is considered an achievement.
Because he gets all the attention when he pulls into the highschool parking lot, dummy.

Originally Posted by Spork
6) 3 jobs, high school, and time for sports? Either taking out the trash and cleaning your room is a job, you don't sleep, or you somehow magically have 40 hour days.
Maybe he meant 3 jobs total, not at the same time.

Arrogant, undeserving children [asshats] are not welcome into our family.

Originally Posted by 8cd03gro
If you're a kid that doesn't pay for your car, that's great. Good for your parents for being successful and having the means to give their kids nice things.
No, your parents deserve more bashing than you do. But they're probably smart enough to at least not get on here to face the jury.

Here's a mind blower for you "old farts," I made more this year in a matter of months, with Ford and Zoltek stock, than most people on this forum likely make in a year and I haven't spent a dime of it yet.
I doubt it, and I doubt you have any idea what a real salary is. Know how I know?

The original money came from working part time.
That's how.

Hell you can pick up a decent mileage 03-06 for under 12k. That's not exactly super expensive or unattainable for a high school student with a decent job and some saving habits.
And there is the point. If you're busting your *** to make $300/mo payments plus insurance while living off of your parents, you're an idiot and you deserve the bashing. You bought the car for the wrong reasons, at the wrong time in your life. Your priorities are messed up. The least you can do is tolerate a little hazing.

If you happen to have a great job making lots of money, then maybe you get a pass, but this is The Internets -- no one believes you, and trying to prove it makes you look even more like a tool.

lets not forget about the last tool who got a brand new one.

Last edited by FineWine; 03-15-2010 at 11:07 AM.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:07 AM
Darkager

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I normally stay out of these debates because I find myself on both sides of the fence. Being my age, I do find that I get some discrimination, namely at work (I work on a military base and for the last 3 years, I've been the youngest person here. The average age of my fellow employees is around 35-40). I also don't like the attitude of most people my age because in my experience, only a small percentage are relatively responsible.

However, to attest to the idea that the AVERAGE teenager shouldn't own a Z or car similar, please take a look at my photo album:
https://my350z.com/forum/members/dar...beginning.html
I say this because most teenagers desire their cars to look cool, but don't consider the value of the vehicle and the reprocutions of certain mods or "attempts at mods" made to vehicles, such as drilling through chassis, jerry-rigging things, and botched "patches" etc... I don't find it likely that a responsible adult with a grasp on the value on their vehicle would intentionally destroy parts of their vehicle.
As for people who have parents that buy these kinds of things for them, they typically don't have a proper grasp on money and monetary value of objects. They don't understand what it is to earn something, so they don't respect and value it like someone who earned their stuff. HOWEVER, there are some people who are lucky enough to be in a well-off or wealthy family and DO appreciate the things done for and given to them.

In my opinion, a responsible teenager who makes decent money (40k+ a year would be decent money for someone under 20) wouldn't spend it on a sports car. Typically, a vehicle is a liability, not an investment. The value depreciates over time, not accumulate. A wiser investment would be purchasing a home at such a young age or exploring other investment opportunities, even the basic things such as a certificate of deposit, IRA/Roth-IRA, basic savings account, or if you're feeling lucky, stocks (foreign or domestic).

Last thing I'm going to add... I know quite a bit of "adults" who are far behind on the maturity level. So, age doesn't bring maturity. Age brings wisdom. Maturity doesn't require wisdom, but is refined by it.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:52 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Maybe I don't think you deserve your income in your career,
Vote Democrat.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:56 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Originally Posted by Darkager

Last thing I'm going to add... I know quite a bit of "adults" who are far behind on the maturity level. So, age doesn't bring maturity. Age brings wisdom. Maturity doesn't require wisdom, but is refined by it.
<- 31 year old child... but I iz smartur than U.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:04 PM
Darkager

LOL
Old 03-15-2010, 12:08 PM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

54 but probably less mature than you...lol.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:18 PM
FineWine

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vote Democrat.
lol nice one
Old 03-15-2010, 01:05 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Originally Posted by PerfZ
54 but probably less mature than you...lol.
I don't remember you pole dancing on the porch at ZdayZ.

Originally Posted by FineWine
lol nice one
Old 03-15-2010, 01:15 PM
phreaktor
Design Engineer

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Hahaha omg u gais r so ghey with ur old azz z"s lololol > im 16 an my mom an dad gave me mine for crismaes a 2009 350z so u ***s can suck it my dad has a business so we can afford it and i go to school and get good grades in stuff u gais all live in ur moms basements jerking off to kiddy **** all day i got like 150 bucks for my birthday hahahah you ugys suck and you can ban me i dont care ill make a new accoutn
Old 03-15-2010, 01:17 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Old 03-15-2010, 01:32 PM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Old 03-15-2010, 02:45 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

1. Where did I "declare my maturity?" Explain to me how somehow a post regarding the immaturity of the older and younger members here is a declaration of my own maturity.

2. Whatever you want to call my post, it's not arguing with 17 year olds about how they or their parents spend their money and calling them names. Why do you have any input on who deserves what? It's not your money and they're not your kids. Maybe I don't think you deserve your income in your career, but I'm not going to say that because it's rude and disrespectful and frankly, I'm not a jack ***. That's not to say this is the case, I'm just making an analogy.

1) Good call, chief.

I don't own a z, but at 20 I KNOW I am more than responsible enough and experienced enough to own one...

I made more this year in a matter of months [.] than most people on this forum likely make in a year and I haven't spent a dime of it yet.

2) Do you get angry at groups of people for not taking you in as a friend? Same thing. Get over yourself.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:51 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Most important advise ever for teens on my350z: "No matter how cool you think you are in High School, no one here gives a ***."
Old 03-15-2010, 02:53 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vo7848
Yes, we shall make sure to properly file that complaint...

Awesome VO.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:54 PM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I don't remember you pole dancing on the porch at ZdayZ.

I'll try to make up for that this year!
Old 03-15-2010, 02:55 PM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Originally Posted by superchargedg
Awesome VO.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:27 PM
8cd03gro

1) Good call, chief.

2) Do you get angry at groups of people for not taking you in as a friend? Same thing. Get over yourself.
What are you rambling about? I could care less if you want to "[take] me in as a friend" I'm not worried about what some random guy that spends all of his time on the internet thinks of me.

Last edited by 8cd03gro; 03-15-2010 at 05:56 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:47 PM
tobyluvr2000

Most important advise ever for teens on my350z: "No matter how cool you think you are in High School, no one here gives a ***."
Well put. Some of the popular kids from my high school went to the school I'm going to now, and it's entertaining watching them realize that their "fame" in high school doesn't mean jack **** once they're out.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:55 PM
8cd03gro

Originally Posted by FineWine
No, your parents deserve more bashing than you do. But they're probably smart enough to at least not get on here to face the jury.

My parents don't deserve any bashing. What makes a good parent? My sister is an olympic medalist and I'm in the top 5% of my class. Neither of us have ever had any trouble with the law or in school. My first car was a 2006 mustang that I was extremely grateful for and never had any problems in whatsoever. My parents helped me afford it because cars are my hobby and my career path of choice is automotive focused. If I had gotten a z instead, I still wouldn't have had any problems and I would have been just as appreciative.

I doubt it, and I doubt you have any idea what a real salary is. Know how I know?

That's how.

I work part time in PPC/SEO advertising. I am self employed and your assumptions are inaccurate. I don't make a salary, I make commission. You can doubt as much as you want, it won't change the facts.

And there is the point. If you're busting your *** to make $300/mo payments plus insurance while living off of your parents, you're an idiot and you deserve the bashing. You bought the car for the wrong reasons, at the wrong time in your life. Your priorities are messed up. The least you can do is tolerate a little hazing.

If you happen to have a great job making lots of money, then maybe you get a pass, but this is The Internets -- no one believes you, and trying to prove it makes you look even more like a tool.

lets not forget about the last tool who got a brand new one.
You can hate and get angry. All I'm doing is making counterpoints in this debate. I know who I am and whether you want to believe what I say or not is your problem, but I'm not going to sit here and spit insults back and forth with some of you. I have no reason to insult any of you, nor tolerate being insulted by any of you.

Quick Reply: This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...