Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 05:53 PM
ekelly36

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea I am about to start Paramedic School in Aug so im hoping ill be able to get a fire job in the next few years. Here in TX you have to have atleast your EMT but most places around where I live require EMT-P
Old 03-27-2010, 12:50 AM
solar_n_orange

I'm glad I didn't have a 350z at 19. I'd probably be dead. Not to mention at 19 I didn't have much respect for my own well being let alone enough respect to not trash a nice car.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:06 AM
Dib07CE

this thread is pretty awesome. ummm im not a teenager anymore but close (relatively) i bought my Z last november, and im 22. sometimes i act like a child, not quite as bad as those claiming to make 6 figures as a firefighternoob, or run their 'own' fortune 500 vending machine company. and its funny that people base the amount of tail they get from a Z. when will you learn that its quality over quantity. "i've never f*cked a dime before, but i did f*ck five 2's." one of the most disgusting persons i know has slept with over 100 different women. doesn't matter because the ugliest girl that i've been with was far more good looking then his best.

22, wife, kid, 2 dogs, mortgage, 3 cars, DoD contractor +2x average income, wife is an E6 w/ 12yrs.

and i agree with^^^ i almost killed myself in my '94 ex coupe.
Old 03-27-2010, 06:32 AM
ekelly36

^^ You might have a cougar you 22 her with 12 years in means she has to be 30+.... and looks are relative... If she is a snobby ***** she may be a 10 but the attitude makes her a 5... not your wife... just saying in general
Old 03-27-2010, 08:32 AM
FineWine

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dib07CE
its funny that people base the amount of tail they get from a Z. when will you learn that its quality over quantity. "i've never f*cked a dime before, but i did f*ck five 2's."
When you're not 19, getting 19 year old girls is easy.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:13 AM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

this is how you mack on 19 year old girls when you are 19.

"Hey sup, whats your name?"

"Jenny"

"Sup Jenny, I'm Jacob"

"You live around here?"

"Yea just down the street"

"What do you do for fun"

"Drink or smoke"

"Cool, do you want to hang out some time?"

"Yea here is my number"
Old 03-27-2010, 09:34 AM
JEKL

Originally Posted by ekelly36
Umm actually Firefighter pay is pretty decent atleast where I am in TX. Work 10 days a month and make 50k starting out.... sounds pretty baller to me lol. Just thought I would point that out.... TO ME its a great deal but then I have never made more than 30k a year so..... yea.... To others maybe that isnt alot but I could live great on 50k a year however sad that sounds....
I respect what you are saying. We just have a definition of what a lot of money is.

Originally Posted by Hexxus
I've tested for several different paid firefighting jobs around the East Coast. The pay is very good.
Which brings up another point. The fire departments that do "pay well" are high sought after. The vast majority of people who test do not get accepted. Many work years for fire departments in crap towns that pay nothing just to get the experience needed to make a big city FD.

I am not bashing the profession at all. I worked very closely with dozens of FDs when I worked for a non profit years ago and I completely respect what they do. But by no means is it a job you go into for the money. There is a reason that many in the department have side jobs working at Home Depot or mowing lawns.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:53 PM
nule

never had a car wen i was 17 but when i turned 18 it started like this:

2000 honda accord sedan i was 18

then 1994 honda civic 4 door lol i was still 18

then i got a 2004 tahoe with 24 inch rims and i still was 18 and i got so much attention in that car during school lol miss those days

then i graduated and got a stupid 2000 honda accord coupe wich i still have but then couple months after i got a 2004 maxima and i was really happy but then my dad sold it lol my dad has sold every car i went through since my first car but then 3 weeks ago i got my 2003 nissan 350z redline with only 49,000 miles and im its going nowhere cuz i bought it but now im 20 years and i just wish i had it back in highschool
Old 03-27-2010, 02:02 PM
Patsfan83

1st car - 1996 Toyota Camry V6 LE

I still drive this car everyday and for my job. Aside I also have a 2007 350Z 6sp. Enthusiast
Old 03-27-2010, 02:44 PM
colin8868

yeah firefighting is a good paying job for the ammount of days of work your acctully do, like to work 80-100 days out of a year and pull in 50-over 100k depending on ranking and how long youve been working in the fire service is really good and with most firefighters have another career or a trade that they do on all there time off. plus the pension is amazing my buddy is a firefighter and in the sheet metal union and he makes over 120k a year and hes 2nd year in the fireservice making 56,000 and hes only 21. it is a very competitive career choice I know that the school im going to in the fall to take the firefighting course had over 1500 applicants and only 35 got into the program. I'm pretty excited that I got in

and I agree with one of the things the guy said above it's not a job you go into for the money, it's for other things like it's a job with the government so you have job security, and it's a very respectable job also, you have a lot of time off to do other trades or things your passionate about or just to spend time with your family or whatever.

Last edited by colin8868; 03-27-2010 at 02:49 PM.
Old 03-27-2010, 02:57 PM
JEKL

Originally Posted by colin8868
yeah firefighting is a good paying job for the ammount of days of work your acctully do, like to work 80-100 days out of a year and pull in 50-over 100k depending on ranking and how long youve been working in the fire service is really good and with most firefighters have another career or a trade that they do on all there time off. plus the pension is amazing my buddy is a firefighter and in the sheet metal union and he makes over 120k a year and hes 2nd year in the fireservice making 56,000 and hes only 21. it is a very competitive career choice I know that the school im going to in the fall to take the firefighting course had over 1500 applicants and only 35 got into the program. I'm pretty excited that I got in

and I agree with one of the things the guy said above it's not a job you go into for the money, it's for other things like it's a job with the government so you have job security, and it's a very respectable job also, you have a lot of time off to do other trades or things your passionate about or just to spend time with your family or whatever.
Except for all of the spelling errors, you are starting to sound intelligent now.
Old 03-27-2010, 03:30 PM
fowlman01

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by colin8868

There is no longer "job security" in any kind of job. Hope I didn't ruin your day.
Old 03-27-2010, 04:09 PM
FineWine

Originally Posted by JEKL
Except for all of the spelling errors, you are starting to sound intelligent now.

+1.

If you would have come here with this same attitude from the get go, things would have been different.
Old 03-27-2010, 04:38 PM
marhot

Originally Posted by fowlman01
There is no longer "job security" in any kind of job. Hope I didn't ruin your day.
Sorry to disagree, but there is if you have a government job....
Old 03-27-2010, 04:57 PM
JEKL

Originally Posted by marhot
Wrong. California alone is proof that the government does in fact cut jobs. I am a contractor to the Department of Defense and see mass lay offs all the time. One installation that I work with just let go about 500 right before Christmas.

So no, working for the government is not job security.
Old 03-27-2010, 05:29 PM
fowlman01

I just retired from a government job. They are cutting salaries and laying off too, unless you are talking about the military. Government jobs were secure, but they are not going to be for the next couple of years. There just is not enough money now to pay for government workers, especially if they are state government workers.
Old 03-27-2010, 06:32 PM
marhot

Originally Posted by fowlman01
I just retired from a government job. They are cutting salaries and laying off too, unless you are talking about the military. Government jobs were secure, but they are not going to be for the next couple of years. There just is not enough money now to pay for government workers, especially if they are state government workers.
Really?

I work for the Federal government too.... my agency is spending money as fast as Obama can give it to us. Happy days for my agency...
BTW, my agency has never had a RIF. In the bad old days (1980s) we down sized via retirements and natural attrition --never a RIF.

Yes, I agree about state & local governments --they a different story. Sorry I didn't make myself clear about being with the Feds.
Old 03-27-2010, 06:35 PM
marhot

Originally Posted by JEKL
Wrong. California alone is proof that the government does in fact cut jobs. I am a contractor to the Department of Defense and see mass lay offs all the time. One installation that I work with just let go about 500 right before Christmas.

So no, working for the government is not job security.

Correct, it depends on the agency.... as I stated above --happy days with my agency....
Old 03-27-2010, 07:12 PM
JEKL

Yes, I agree about state & local governments --they a different story. Sorry I didn't make myself clear about being with the Feds.
Military installations are federal.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:46 PM
fowlman01

Really?

I work for the Federal government too.... my agency is spending money as fast as Obama can give it to us. Happy days for my agency...
BTW, my agency has never had a RIF. In the bad old days (1980s) we down sized via retirements and natural attrition --never a RIF.

I worked for the state of Cali. They are so upside down it is scary. They have had mandated furloughs of 2-3 days a month through this fiscal year. The amount of time off depends on what agency you work for. They are laying people off as well.

The feds seem to have money to burn, but I would not count on even a fed job being totally secure. Really.....nothing is secure right now. All these jobs were secure and many other non government jobs were too. It's just a different world right now.

Quick Reply: This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...