Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 01:10 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by VoKaL
why do some people on this site get so pissed off becuase others have a z @ 17yrs old....
higher insurance and riced out Z's for the rest of us to put up with.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:04 PM
marhot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why do some people on this site get so pissed off becuase others have a z @ 17yrs old....

its not like its a very expensive car to begin with...new or used..
1. Most teenagers too immature to handle a performance vehicle like a 350Z, regardless if you Mommy & Daddy buy it or you ‘buy’ it yourself.

2. Immature and inexperienced drivers with high performance vehicles lead to accidents.

3. Accidents lead to more personal injury, property damage, and death. If you want to kill yourself behind the wheel of a car, fine, but it affects others.

4. More personal injury, property damage, and death lead to higher insurance premiums for everyone. 99% of us don’t have Mommy and Daddy paying our insurance premiums. (And check out all the threads on this forum with people bitching about high insurance rates on the 350Z)

5. I do not believe any teen here can afford to buy his/her own 350z. Period. There is no job out there that a teen could afford a Z. All of you kiddies who ‘buy it with my own money’ did not earn it. Either it was gift monies or from a trust fund. It might be ‘your money’, but it sure wasn’t ‘earned’. There is no job a 16/17 year-old can earn $30,000 in a year or two.

The reason we’re ‘pissed off’ is because we’re tired of a bunch of 'kids' saying they ‘earned’ money for their ‘own’ Z.

And any teen that has $30K to buy and mod a 350Z is throwing away their money. I have a novel idea, why don’t use that $30,000 that’s burning a hole in your pocket to pay for a college education?

Old 11-18-2007, 02:38 PM
Bary626

Originally Posted by marhot
1. Most teenagers too immature to handle a performance vehicle like a 350Z, regardless if you Mommy & Daddy buy it or you ‘buy’ it yourself.

2. Immature and inexperienced drivers with high performance vehicles lead to accidents.

3. Accidents lead to more personal injury, property damage, and death. If you want to kill yourself behind the wheel of a car, fine, but it affects others.

4. More personal injury, property damage, and death lead to higher insurance premiums for everyone. 99% of us don’t have Mommy and Daddy paying our insurance premiums. (And check out all the threads on this forum with people bitching about high insurance rates on the 350Z)

5. I do not believe any teen here can afford to buy his/her own 350z. Period. There is no job out there that a teen could afford a Z. All of you kiddies who ‘buy it with my own money’ did not earn it. Either it was gift monies or from a trust fund. It might be ‘your money’, but it sure wasn’t ‘earned’. There is no job a 16/17 year-old can earn $30,000 in a year or two.

The reason we’re ‘pissed off’ is because we’re tired of a bunch of 'kids' saying they ‘earned’ money for their ‘own’ Z.

And any teen that has $30K to buy and mod a 350Z is throwing away their money. I have a novel idea, why don’t use that $30,000 that’s burning a hole in your pocket to pay for a college education?

Old 11-18-2007, 03:03 PM
SRTtoZ

Most of them can't "afford"* it either
Who the hell are YOU to say what someone can and cannot afford?!!

If they cannot afford it then let them learn just like the rest of us in this world, we only learn from our mistakes.

Other than that its just like you said...

MOST teens, MOST. Most meaning not all, so you cannot make a statement that pertains to some and not all...

There are many Senior citizens that cause just as many accidents, so how come I am not jumping all over the 55+ age limit crowd??? Yes the old geezers in a Z, or Vette in the right lane doing 55 in a 65. I have been in 3 accidents in my life, 1 of which totalled my last car and guess what?? It was caused by a lady who was 65 years old. Man we should outlaw senior citizens now. But guess what? I bet somewhere in the world there is a senior citizen is a pretty damn good driver.
Just stop.

Yes he is young and maybe it will bite him in the ***, but there is a possibility that he is a perfectly good driver and it wont make a difference whether he is 17 or 35.

If this is his decision and his parents support it then thats good enough, when you have kids then you can make that decision for them if you havent already, or grandkids for that matter.

Last edited by SRTtoZ; 11-18-2007 at 03:06 PM.
Old 11-18-2007, 03:29 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Originally Posted by SRTtoZ
Who the hell are YOU to say what someone can and cannot afford?!!
I am Hraesvelg. I am Lord of the forum, behold my greatness.

MOST teens, MOST. Most meaning not all, so you cannot make a statement that pertains to some and not all...
I can't?

There are many Senior citizens that cause just as many accidents
When Fowlman and BrickyardRat get a ticket for busting mad JDM tight drifts in the parking lot I will flame them too, no worries

Man we should outlaw senior citizens now.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:06 PM
SRTtoZ

bah...

Enough arguing for me.

I love Z's, so I love you.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:20 PM
toca07

99 ranger
01 focus
03 eclipse gt
05 rx8 at same time had a 87 supra turbo
07 350z
Old 11-19-2007, 04:35 AM
kham25

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

27yrs old here

98 Camry
2001 Honda Accord EX V6
2001 Lexus is300
2006 Mercedes Benz C280 4 Matic
2007 Nissan 350z
Old 11-19-2007, 07:36 AM
Salvatorey

hey guys,im 17 so basically, yo my dad is a head in Nissan development, and so, since ive been getting good grades and all, my parents will be getting me the new 2008 nismo Z by the end of this month. I will have to pay 100$ a month, and half the gas. they got the insurance though.

so you cant say i didnt pay for it all by myself. plain and simple.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:48 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Originally Posted by Salvatorey
hey guys,im 17 so basically, yo my dad is a head in Nissan development, and so, since ive been getting good grades and all, my parents will be getting me the new 2008 nismo Z by the end of this month. I will have to pay 100$ a month, and half the gas. they got the insurance though.

Old 11-19-2007, 08:53 AM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm a drug lord. I own the cops. Nobody can touch me.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:09 PM
Overlord#1

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

To me its not about if your parents buy you the car or not. My parents did. Its about the fact you will be driving a 300+ HP car. For somebody who does not know how to drive, and trust me at 17 you do not, it is stupid. Slap your parents in the face and get tell them it would be smarter if they got you a nice sedan.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:10 PM
Overlord#1

Deleted
Old 11-19-2007, 12:10 PM
Overlord#1

its not like its a very expensive car to begin with...new or used..
BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO DRIVE!!!!!!!!

Has nothing to do with how much it cost Mr. big baller you.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:19 PM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by youcantzme
well im 18 and ive been working for this car since 14 and paid it cash, and paid for all the mods. My dad pays for insurance and some big repairs ive had.

2004 ppw enthusiast
nismo v2 kit, injen intake, headers , test pipes, y pipe, three inch piping to single apexi n 1 turbo exhaust, 100 shot of nos, greddy e manage ultimate, tenzo dc-5 version 2 wheels bronze. And i busted my ***** for it. the only thing I do think is that the younger z drivers have less experience and thats why they get tickets. I have had it for a year and I have gotten 12 tickets. the last one was street racing but it was dismissed because they ruled it unconstitutional in florida.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:20 PM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Zgrabin
ive gotten 8 since ive had the Z haha..but consider yourself lucky with the streetracing ticket..i had 2 reckless driving tickets..one dismissed
Please ...
Old 11-19-2007, 01:15 PM
quiksilver38

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey guys i just turned 19 and i've owned my 03 350z for about 6 months.

i started with my 16th birthday present:
1. 1995 eclipse GS non-turbo (worth $2000)
sold for $3600+got job then bought
2.1999 eclipse GSX AWD TURBO
sold gsx for $10,000 then bought
3.2005 dodge SRT-4
sold for $15,500 then bought
4.1990 eclipse GST
sold for $1,500
5.bought my Z *zero tickets so far (knock on wood)*

i love cars and the Z is so far my favorite(besides 99 GSX it was a love hate relationship)

Last edited by quiksilver38; 11-19-2007 at 01:27 PM.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:17 PM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"My daddy is paying $700 a month in car and insurance payments and I'm paying $100 and ONLY half the gas."

Kids.

When I was 16 my mom and dad gave me permission to get a J-O-B and start saving money as long as my grades didn't slip. I worked my behind off working two part time jobs and raised about $1200 to buy my first car later than year. That involved going to the seller, counting out the cash from my pocket, and driving off with the then 4 year old 1973 Plymouth Barracuda. Dad gave me permission to pay the delta on his car insurance premium which was $1000 a year even back then. He also let me park the car in front of his house and use the garage in the wintertime to affect repairs. I learned how to do my own maintenance and more importantly, the value of work, and responsibility. When I didn't have money for gas the car sat in the street and I rode my bike.

Responsibility and accountability are two lessons not taught today. Too many of today's parents are not raising citizens with values, not raising young men and women with honor, choosing to be friends with their kids rather than parents. I've seen more than anyone's fair share of failures as a Master Chief in the USN - kids too spoiled (too soiled!), too self-centered, too undisciplined, too use to having their own way to make it in the military.

Not all kids are that way but a large, and growing, percentage.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:26 PM
quiksilver38

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tell your dad to buy me one too dont worry ill pay half the shipping to west coast
Old 11-19-2007, 01:45 PM
Britx

Somebody kill this thread please.

Quick Reply: This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...