Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 04:58 PM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 1GR8350Z
Don't give up Perf, she will listen if you keep persisting. Maybe you can talk her into selling light sabers that yield 30k commission for each one she sells.
Link?
Old 12-13-2010, 05:04 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by trixR4kidz
All i see is a bunch of angry ignorant old men in this thread. Come on people, you arnt driving Mercedes and BMW's now. Whats the big deal? You can get a 350z for around 13k (used baseline or what not). With a steady job its not that hard for 19 year olds to pay for a 350z...

-1GR8, whats the deal man? Not being a "teenager" i would assume you would behave like an adult. Your comments make you seem like a CHILD. Do realize that you are mocking a "teenager". Whats your goal with that? Sorry but If your complaining about kids driving 350z's and what not, try not acting like a kid..

And please if you think 19 year old's in general cant handle a 280hp car, then you are a bunch of p******.

For those of you wondering, Im 18 years old and make steady monthly payments on my car. I have been working/saving money for my car hobby before i had my license. My parents do not support my hobby, therefore i have literally paid for everything. Bash me if you want. Im fine with that. Because those who bash me probably wish they could have afforded G/Z at my age..

I hate old people ignorance..

I'd like to see you handle this car.

I win.

Last edited by Spork; 12-13-2010 at 05:05 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:14 PM
gidiup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't give up Perf, she will listen if you keep persisting. Maybe you can talk her into selling light sabers that yield 30k commission for each one she sells.
You have a contact here on the site. Show her the car she can drive.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:27 PM
1GR8350Z

Originally Posted by jran76
No ****. You guys sound like complete fools. Get over it. I don't know what you think makes you so special. I was messing with cars at 16, and was more than happy to get a little help from my parents. I learned a lot about cars, graduated college, got a great job, and got to play around with something I am passionate about. I don't see the problem. I will also add that it worked out great, and I am a nice responsible adult. Something I am sure most of the "teenage" Z/G owners will be.

I would be more inclined to think it is a good thing to be young and be able to maintain a car like this. Even if you get help from your parents, it is still a high level of responsibility to drive and maintain a nice vehicle. I know Trix, and know that he probably works a lot harder than most of you at keeping his ride clean, and in good order.

You dummies are talking about depreciating assets.... First, ahhhh, you own the same car right? So what gives you the right to lecture someone else? Secondly, I am happy to sink some of my well earned money into a depreciating asset. I get great enjoyment out of it, and it is well worth the expense. Is there something wrong with that?

Once again, this just re-enforces what is wrong with this site. Look, I know your intentions are good, but that is not what this site is about. Go to some Fox business forum if you want to spew this BS to the world.
I really love post like this. Trust me, my intentions are not good. I use this thread to offend as many people as I can and will continue to do so because obviously with over 300k views some people seem to find it entertaining. You are right in saying that I have the same depreciating asset. It was already modded when I got it and I pay people to wash it. Lol at what it cost to mod one of these cars. ***** that, I get the same enjoyment out of mine that someone else dumped all the money into while my savings continue to grow.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:58 PM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by gidiup
You have a contact here on the site. Show her the car she can drive.
Yep, she keeps asking me about that shat - "but Dad, I saw it on the internet!"
Not really, lol.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:37 PM
jran76

So would you let your 18 year old kid own a Z, live in your house rent free, and have a deadend job while he mod'd his Z? Or would you teach him how important an education could be?
You're taking one person's situation and applying it to every 18 year old. There are 400+ pages of the same thing. Generalizations like that make for a bad argument. But, it's the internet and my350Z, so carry on....

I would have no issue with my 18 year old living in my house and owning a 350Z, or any nice car, if they did the requisite things I required. For me that is school, job, etc., but everyone's situation is very different. If I was a filthy rich billionaire, I probably wouldn't give two ***** either way, and I would be laughing at the jealous old man complex.

In all seriousness, I can buy many parts of the argument both for and against an 18 year old owning a nice car. My only real point with any of this is that everyone's situation is different, and the generalization that an 18 year old is not worthy of a nice car is lame. It reeks of jealousy and envy, and makes you look foolish (and old). The things that you are arguing should preclude an 18 year old from owning a 350Z apply to EVERYONE, not just a teenager. For every 18 year old Canuk, I can find an equal in the older age classes (sorry, I don't know anything about Canuk, but he seems to be the one everyone is using as the shining example of all 18 year olds).

Last edited by jran76; 12-13-2010 at 06:48 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:47 PM
jran76

I really love post like this. Trust me, my intentions are not good. I use this thread to offend as many people as I can and will continue to do so because obviously with over 300k views some people seem to find it entertaining. You are right in saying that I have the same depreciating asset. It was already modded when I got it and I pay people to wash it. Lol at what it cost to mod one of these cars. ***** that, I get the same enjoyment out of mine that someone else dumped all the money into while my savings continue to grow.
Good for you, but again further proof that everyone's situation is different. Most of the pleasure for me is picking out parts, ordering them, installing them myself, etc. I like to do it myself and do it right. I like walking outside and seeing a car that is exactly what I wanted it to be, done by me, and the fruit of my hard work. All the work that goes into making something yours is half the battle. I am the only person that has ever washed my car, and I enjoy every minute of it. I can't even imagine handing over my car (and money) to have someone else wash my car. Buying a used modified car sounds pretty lame; like someone's sloppy seconds to me, like putting my hands all over something that feels like it belongs to someone else.... Errr, no thanks. I'll pay a little extra, and put in a little extra work, to get the maximum enjoyment out of my cars.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:51 PM
StuLax18
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,339 Likes on 2,379 Posts

Old 12-13-2010, 08:15 PM
VicariousVision

LoL at this thread and at my350. I lurk on here from time to time, but this thread exemplifies everything that is wrong with this site and why I don't post here on a regular basis.

Just a quick tidbit that I noticed...several of you were ready to throw FinallyGotaG into the mix with the "teenagers" and start casting your many stones at him as well. Yet, as soon as he mentioned that he served in the AF, the tune mysteriously changed. He shared that particular portion of his life and gained respect. How do you know that these other young guys aren't equally as respectable or courageous in their own right? You don't. If Trix came back and mentioned that he is shipping off next week, would you continue to get your jollies from bashing him up until that day? I would certainly hope not. I think that many of you have lost sight of what this, or any other forum, is meant for. Helpful sharing of knowledge and passion for a common hobby? Yes. Cesspool of hatred and outlet for apparently repressed emotions? No.

Carry on.

Last edited by VicariousVision; 12-13-2010 at 08:20 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:18 PM
JBF

Old 12-13-2010, 08:20 PM
Tian

Old 12-13-2010, 08:27 PM
gidiup

Originally Posted by jran76
Good for you, but again further proof that everyone's situation is different. Most of the pleasure for me is picking out parts, ordering them, installing them myself, etc. I like to do it myself and do it right. I like walking outside and seeing a car that is exactly what I wanted it to be, done by me, and the fruit of my hard work. All the work that goes into making something yours is half the battle. I am the only person that has ever washed my car, and I enjoy every minute of it. I can't even imagine handing over my car (and money) to have someone else wash my car. Buying a used modified car sounds pretty lame; like someone's sloppy seconds to me, like putting my hands all over something that feels like it belongs to someone else.... Errr, no thanks. I'll pay a little extra, and put in a little extra work, to get the maximum enjoyment out of my cars.
Paying people to wash my car works for me as well. Why not? I have other things to do than wash and buff my car. Since you enjoy it so much you can wash my car too. I have no problems with people who touch the car. Huff on it all you want until you can see the loose hairs on your head.
Knock your socks off.

This is pure entertainment. Plain and simple... Don't have to like to it find it amusing. Just like tv.. Turn the channel until you find something better.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:29 PM
gidiup

Originally Posted by VicariousVision
why I don't post here on a regular basis.
You have 10 posts. Define regular....
Old 12-13-2010, 08:32 PM
VicariousVision

You have 10 posts. Define regular....
"On a regular basis" would describe my post count on Driver...
Old 12-13-2010, 08:44 PM
JBF

VV...you need to catch up...

I'm at a whopping 114
Old 12-13-2010, 08:52 PM
mobius4379

Wiping animals butts LMAO
Old 12-13-2010, 09:01 PM
StuLax18
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,339 Likes on 2,379 Posts

Originally Posted by Spork
I'd like to see you handle this car.

I win.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:35 PM
billsrcursed

LoL at this thread and at my350. I lurk on here from time to time, but this thread exemplifies everything that is wrong with this site and why I don't post here on a regular basis.

Just a quick tidbit that I noticed...several of you were ready to throw FinallyGotaG into the mix with the "teenagers" and start casting your many stones at him as well. Yet, as soon as he mentioned that he served in the AF, the tune mysteriously changed. He shared that particular portion of his life and gained respect. How do you know that these other young guys aren't equally as respectable or courageous in their own right? You don't. If Trix came back and mentioned that he is shipping off next week, would you continue to get your jollies from bashing him up until that day? I would certainly hope not. I think that many of you have lost sight of what this, or any other forum, is meant for. Helpful sharing of knowledge and passion for a common hobby? Yes. Cesspool of hatred and outlet for apparently repressed emotions? No.

Carry on.
You should take a moment to search for the many, many threads that relate to teens either totaling their cars or ricing them out with ebay crap.

This thread wasn't created on a myth, regardless of what you may think. It's not to say that EVERY teen is this way, just the majority.

Some may seem more cruel than others, but after a while of dealing with, "I'm different, I did it all on my own and am the best driver... blah blah blah", we'd rather skip the general intro and get right to the good stuff.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:08 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Carry on.
Most of the younger people coming into the AF are High School mentality f@ggots. A large number of them get discharged for being retards, and a lot of them think they're badasses.

My view of young people that serve in the AF for 4 years (6 for people desperate for rank) and get out right away is usually about the same as my view on young teens in general.

Tell me why I should respect someone just for serving?

Last edited by Spork; 12-13-2010 at 11:12 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:18 PM
JBF

Originally Posted by Spork
Most of the younger people coming into the AF are High School mentality f@ggots. A large number of them get discharged for being retards, and a lot of them think they're badasses.

My view of young people that serve in the AF for 4 years (6 for people desperate for rank) and get out right away is usually about the same as my view on young teens in general.

Tell me why I should respect someone just for serving?

I served 6 years...so am I in that same boat?

Quick Reply: This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...