Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 06:52 AM
contraststriker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought my Z at 22, a few months out of college with the new job. You could say my parents helped me indirectly with it since they paid for some of college, but besides that I have the $600/month payment all to myself. It makes me sick all these teenagers driving cars they don't deserve. With a car as expensive as the Z, I'm saying YES if you don't pay for it with your own money you don't deserve it.
Old 06-28-2008, 07:02 AM
OWTKAST cpt

Im twenty... BARELY cleared the teen thing.

I must say though. I currently drive a 328is BMW... and everyone has been a GREAT help on the bimmerforums, even in my young unexperienced age.

I dont see why you can not try harder to support the up and coming generation of your Z car owners? Why can you not be proud of them getting one and getting on the forum to learn???

Now if they mouth of and get cocky... blast them into the ground and tell them to go back to the 240sx forums.... LOL

Maybe im becoming immune to the absolute stupidity of others???

Anyways, i don't even own a Z yet and this is pretty much the forum i have been reading for information while shopping around.... And yes i will be paying for the car on my own.

I even have an 07 HD nightster that i pay for on my own.. but that may be going soon anyways....
Old 06-28-2008, 09:43 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by OWTKAST cpt
Now if they mouth of and get cocky... blast them into the ground and tell them to go back to the 240sx forums.... LOL
They usually do, or ask stupid questions... and they seem to be the rule and not the exception.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:58 AM
kennedy

I am 20 years old and Have only had 2 car given to me the first 240 and the tauras....

1) 1989 nissan 240sx sr20det car
2) 1995 Ford Tauaras Daily driver " gma has alzheimers she didn't miss it lol"
3) 1990 nissan 240sx sr20det car
4) 1994 Ford f-150 with mustang 5.0 HO engine bought and sold 2 weeks later
5) 2001 Nissan Pathfinder Tow vehicle for my jetski
6) 1998 Nissan altima sr20det bluebird car. maily a parts car.
7) 2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Dailydriver
8) 1990 Jeep Cherokee Lifted 33"s
9) 1998 Jeep Cherokee Lifted 31"s
10) 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Lifted 35"s burned to the ground
11) 2007 Nissan 350z Enthusaist Stock
Old 06-28-2008, 12:51 PM
OWTKAST cpt

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
They usually do, or ask stupid questions... and they seem to be the rule and not the exception.
I tend to agree, i just think a whole thread bashing the younger generation is a little... odd...

Maybe we should make a thread bashing old guys who put less then a 1k on there cars that are meant to be driven....????????
Old 06-28-2008, 12:59 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

I tend to agree, i just think a whole thread bashing the younger generation is a little... odd...
Why? The majority of them are full of fail.

Maybe we should make a thread bashing old guys who put less then a 1k on there cars that are meant to be driven....????????
Why? The old folks outnumber the kids for now. And plus this forum would be weak without the older members. The "Check out my 800whp build" threads would be replaced with "look at my neons and listen to my unbolted exhaust" threads.
Old 06-28-2008, 01:11 PM
aznriceball2

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
Why? The majority of them are full of fail.

Why? The old folks outnumber the kids for now. And plus this forum would be weak without the older members. The "Check out my 800whp build" threads would be replaced with "look at my neons and listen to my unbolted exhaust" threads.

with age comes wisdom...and a bigger bank account to actually do some meaningful mods with. I believe teens are one of the main reasons why the aftermarket shift **** business is thriving.

and fyi i am HELLA FULL OF WIN YO yadiggg?
Old 06-28-2008, 01:22 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Originally Posted by aznriceball2
with age comes wisdom...and a bigger bank account to actually do some meaningful mods with. I believe teens are one of the main reasons why the aftermarket shift **** business is thriving.

and fyi i am HELLA FULL OF WIN YO yadiggg?
Old 06-28-2008, 01:36 PM
Mesto

1992 Dodge Spirit (5spd)
1998 Dodge Ram 1500 Pickup (5spd)
1994 Acura Integra (5spd)
2003 Nissan 350z Touring (6spd)
2008 Mazdaspeed 3 (6spd)
1991 Nissan 300zx (its just a body no motor..) still pondering what i should do with this vehicle.
Old 06-28-2008, 07:45 PM
OWTKAST cpt

you all have completely legitimate arguements for the over whelming majority of young people.

Im still shopping for my Z...... And so far this forum isnt too bad. Just dont like peopel getting bashed for no reason.... but if the kids on here.. ha im 20 calling people kids.. but ya know. If they act like they do on the 240 forums... the deserve it.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:59 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Originally Posted by aznriceball2
. I believe teens are one of the main reasons why the aftermarket shift **** business is thriving.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:03 AM
KaPPaBaLL

I wouldn't argue. The thread is out of spite, and I think it's unnecessary. It's like saying hey, I'm a SSGT. in the marine corps, and if you're a guy that hasn't gone to the marines or military in general you're not a real man. Pretty ludicrous if you ask me. Just my .02

Congratulations on your future Z and Bimmer.

Last edited by KaPPaBaLL; 06-29-2008 at 02:05 AM.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:10 AM
OWTKAST cpt

Thank you....

Drove a Z for the first time a short while back. I keep going oh... i can live with that. But i have decided there is only a couple color combo's at certain prices and mileage i will settle for. So i will continue to wait. PLus i need to sell the BMW first......
Old 07-01-2008, 12:49 AM
fiercekid3

I don't know what you guys would think of me, but I'm 17 and I have a '03 350Z. Trust me, I don't take it for granted either.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:45 AM
OWTKAST cpt

I know how the young kid with so and soo car goes.

My ole man is self employed (ceramic tile & marble) And i have helped him since the summers when i was 12. I dont work for him anymore unless he just needs it and i have days off. My first car when I got my license was 944 porsche, I paid 2300 for it. A friend of the family sold it to me cheap. Then I had a 95 trans am. Which my ole man did help me with cause i did not really want it and he did. Then I got a 3 series bmw all on my own.

Needless to say many people have mixed responses to all of it, but I personally have not gotten alot of flack (sp) for being so young and having certain cars.

I Race karts... so I am picky and have high expectations for surperior handling.. lol good excuse i guess???

Can't we all just get along....

FIERCEKID3.... welcome to the forums, I am new here also. I have come to find there is alot of great people on here. I guess just be yourself and stay away from $15 ebay shift *****. They may end up liking you.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:43 AM
kennedy

Or maybe to the older guys you could be happy for the few who are successful enough to buy there own car like me.... I mean just because im 20 doesn't mean I don't do something that I am good at like playing video games. LoL j/k But there are a few of us out there who have accomplished more then most 38+ aged people..... I am not trying to argue im just saying there are a few of us out there who are alot more successful then what you give us credit for. Some kids are fortunate enough to have mommy and daddy buy there Z's I was not.
Old 07-01-2008, 01:06 PM
fowlman01

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bkennedy
Or maybe to the older guys you could be happy for the few who are successful enough to buy there own car like me.... I mean just because im 20 doesn't mean I don't do something that I am good at like playing video games. LoL j/k But there are a few of us out there who have accomplished more then most 38+ aged people..... I am not trying to argue im just saying there are a few of us out there who are alot more successful then what you give us credit for. Some kids are fortunate enough to have mommy and daddy buy there Z's I was not.
I'm an old guy and I have no problem with a young guy having a nice car if he worked for it. Actually I don't care if his daddy gave it to him either, just don't try to act like you earned it. Drive it an enjoy it. If you did pay for it yourself and pay for all the other expenses you should be bragging about it even if you live at home. It shows that you work hard and will probably take good car of the car.
This is really not an old guy thing, it is *** hole kids lying about what they have and how they got it thing. If someone on here says they bought it and maintain it on their own, I believe them.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:05 PM
kennedy

Originally Posted by fowlman01
I'm an old guy and I have no problem with a young guy having a nice car if he worked for it. Actually I don't care if his daddy gave it to him either, just don't try to act like you earned it. Drive it an enjoy it. If you did pay for it yourself and pay for all the other expenses you should be bragging about it even if you live at home. It shows that you work hard and will probably take good car of the car.
This is really not an old guy thing, it is *** hole kids lying about what they have and how they got it thing. If someone on here says they bought it and maintain it on their own, I believe them.

Understandable. I am living at home currently but hopefully getting an apartment or condo off campus. I have been paying to play a little to long . I love my Z and hate that I need a front bumper reprayed or replaced but... i love the car.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:20 PM
fowlman01

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bkennedy
Understandable. I am living at home currently but hopefully getting an apartment or condo off campus. I have been paying to play a little to long . I love my Z and hate that I need a front bumper reprayed or replaced but... i love the car.
Yeah, the bumpers on these Z's take a beating on the hwy. Mine looked like it was hit with a shotgun before I changed it to a different type. I work at a university and there are at least two Z's here and they both look at mine. There are a lot of expensive cars on this campus, much more expensive than a 350Z.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:09 PM
kyouki350z

Default my first post my cars

well i figured after reading this i would make this my first post as a new 2008 350z owner. im 22 years old and have owed 5 cars including the 350z.

1. 1995 chevy corsica (this was sold to me by my mom for 1k but i wreked it and totaled it and she then made me pay the 4k loan off left on it) lesson learned =)
2. 1991 4dr accord, (bought on my own 2k)(used)
3. 1996 celica gt, (bought on my own 6k)(used)
4. 2006 scion tc, (bought my own 20k)(new) then added supercharger and 10k in mods lol what a waste blew a piston ring =) (traded it in for the Z)
5. 2008 350z and loving every moment of it

oh and cant forget put 2k down payment for my mom new car for her! i didnt want her getting a base model car with roll up windows when she old love my mom. so im young and supported my habbits and cars! but i give full respect were it belongs old or young! happy to be a new member! sorry for any grammer not my strong side and it like 2am lol!

Quick Reply: This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...