Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 09:11 PM
vishalzzz
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1st car : 2003 350z chrome silver at the age of 16! i just turned 17..
Old 01-20-2009, 10:00 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by vishalzzz
1st car : 2003 350z chrome silver at the age of 16! i just turned 17..
I'm looking forward to your wreck.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:19 AM
350z_Gio

My turn
first car 04 350z at 17
had the car almost a year no tickets and no racing
i get straight A's in school and give my parents no trouble i also contribituted $6,000 to the cost of the car i work at petsmart to pay for gas and insurance
Old 01-21-2009, 08:31 AM
Ryan18Bailey
JealousZ

Originally Posted by 350z_Gio
My turn
first car 04 350z at 17
i get straight A's in school and give my parents no trouble i also contribituted $6,000 to the cost of the car i work at petsmart to pay for gas and insurance
Congrats big boy!!!!

I love how they say 350z at 16/17 then type a paragraph on why older members shouldn't flame them..lol
Old 01-21-2009, 09:04 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Originally Posted by 350z_Gio
My turn
first car 04 350z at 17
Love the disclaimer.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:09 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Originally Posted by Concave
i buyed my Z brand new when i was 15 and a half. what you gonna do about it!
Rape you.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:13 AM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

you buyed, high five!
Old 01-21-2009, 09:22 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Originally Posted by 06_Z
"Hraesvelg" and others. Man y are u guys such haters? lol this forum has been going on forever. u guys are just pissed that these kids have the same car as you guys at a young age 17,18 and even 16, where it has taken you much longer to obtain a 350z. seriously dude who cares? people at the age of 17, 18 these days are driving around mercedes c63, brand new m3, 335 but who cares. i think " jealousy" it playing a huge factor in this thread. these kids families are well off, so there giving there kids nice cars b/c they can. if your family was in the same financial situation, wouldnt you want your parents to buy you a brand new car. im pretty sure if they were, and at a young age they handed you the keys to a brand new 350z at the age of 17 you wouldnt be like "no" sorry i cant take it.
im just saying, who give 2 ****.
I'm just pissed that they crap up the forums and raise our insurance when they wreck.

It has nothing to do with jealousy, my parents are well off too but they also had common sense and realized a young inexperienced kid shouldn't be driving a sports car.

So are you saying I'm jealous of the kids? No, the kids hasn't accomplished anything by being given a car.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:27 AM
lilpud

well you know not all young ppl with Z's had their parents give it to them! Maybe just maybe some of these young ppl have jobs that pay more than what you oldler guys are getting paid now???? all im say is this is a forum for 350zs so y does everybody that has one hate on everyone that has one WTF hate on something else like ****ING mustangs!!!! grow the **** up!!!!

ooo yea

16-gt mustang- i bought and fliped
17-mazdaspeed protege- i bought and fliped
19-03 350z - i bought and still have at 21

let the battle stop
Old 01-21-2009, 09:31 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Originally Posted by lilpud
well you know not all young ppl with Z's had their parents give it to them! Maybe just maybe some of these young ppl have jobs that pay more than what you oldler guys are getting paid now???? all im say is this is a forum for 350zs so y does everybody that has one hate on everyone that has one WTF hate on something else like ****ING mustangs!!!! grow the **** up!!!!

ooo yea

16-gt mustang- i bought and fliped
17-mazdaspeed protege- i bought and fliped
19-03 350z - i bought and still have at 21

let the battle stop
Every young person makes $250,000 a year. We know...

Nice driving skills BTW!!
Old 01-21-2009, 09:38 AM
lilpud

its the ppl like you that make this site suck!
Old 01-21-2009, 10:45 AM
Ryan18Bailey
JealousZ

"Hraesvelg" and others. Man y are u guys such haters? lol this forum has been going on forever. u guys are just pissed that these kids have the same car as you guys at a young age 17,18 and even 16, where it has taken you much longer to obtain a 350z (Not really...I'm only 22). seriously dude who cares? people at the age of 17, 18 these days are driving around mercedes c63, brand new m3, 335 but who cares. i think " jealousy" it playing a huge factor in this thread (Or the fact that they try to act accomplished and prove status when they've yet to pay a bill.). these kids families are well off, so there giving there kids nice cars b/c they can. if your family was in the same financial situation (They are. They own the most well know HVAC company in Upstate, NY), wouldnt you want your parents to buy you a brand new car (No, I would rather just have a hand me down to learn responsibility and money control). im pretty sure if they were, and at a young age they handed you the keys to a brand new 350z at the age of 17 you wouldnt be like "no" sorry i cant take it.
im just saying, who give 2 ****.
But I agree with the fact that all teens don't act like that.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:52 AM
Ryan18Bailey
JealousZ

im not necessarily saying your jealous, or anyone else on this forum is, i think you guys have placed a sterotype on these young drivers, and are putting them in a category of unexperienced drivers.
Because most are, I myself included at that age. As well as any teenage male. Not to mention every other week there is a new thread on here about how some teen crashed their car..

BTW nothing against you in both my posts, I'm just shootin the **** and giving my opinion
Old 01-21-2009, 10:54 AM
350ztttt

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2006 Mazda 3, 16, generously leased by my father.
2008 Nissan 350z, 18. Down payment all mine, splitting the monthly's, again thanks to my very generous father.

I'm almost 20, with absolutely no speeding tickets, accidents, or middle fingers directed at me. Now in retrospect, I direct my middle finger at people who say 18-year-olds can't handle Z's. Besides younger people have quicker reflexes!
Old 01-21-2009, 11:23 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Originally Posted by lilpud
its the ppl like you that make this site suck!
No, making the site suck is purely due to you new members. pud.

im not necessarily saying your jealous, or anyone else on this forum is, i think you guys have placed a sterotype on these young drivers, and are putting them in a category of unexperienced drivers.
Stereotypes exist for a reason.

Originally Posted by 350ztttt
Now in retrospect, I direct my middle finger at people who say 18-year-olds can't handle Z's. Besides younger people have quicker reflexes!
There are plenty of threads proving you kids can't handle Z's. Quicker reflexes? I'm 30, not 80!
Old 01-21-2009, 11:23 AM
Ryan18Bailey
JealousZ

lol.......
Old 01-21-2009, 11:27 AM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Question... to you 16-19 year olds... how can you pay for insurance without your parents helping? Last time I checked, the price to insure a 350Z for a 16-19 year old is out of reach, especially for someone working at Petsmart...

Here, try this. Transfer the car to under your name completely and see how long it takes to get repo'd.

Trust me, I know how it is.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:28 AM
wyoz

Since I have a long lunch break, I'll offer some observations from just the past few pages. For those quoted, don't get all upset and in a freenzy - it was not meant to single anyone out, just provided as food for thought.

Originally Posted by richiesaurusrex
Im 19 and own a 350z and I think all the older Z drivers hate on the young ones well... because they're mad cus their *** is old. Lol don't hate.
^^See below quote.

Originally Posted by DiscoLiveOpera
I am only 21 and kids in their teens are retarded.
^^Notice is from a peer in a similar age group.

Originally Posted by Kirk Lazarus
People like you make me look bad. Thanks for f*cking up my generation, loser.
^^Again, from a similar age group.

Originally Posted by Ryan18Bailey
They're mad because idiots like you. I'm 21 and IMO a majority of the older people on this forum mod cars more tastefully because of experience.
It's people like you who make us younger ones look bad.
^^Once again, from a similar age group. The point about experience is priceless - arguably, not much can effectively take the place of experience.

Originally Posted by stylett9
yeah...Not ganna lie that i had driving issues back in highschool. However I've had a clean record for about the past 5 years now.(stuff that wasn't my fault)
^^Finally an honest assessment (we all go through a time where we think we know it all and are bullet-proof, when in reality we lacked maturity and/or experience) - seems like maybe a trend here???

Originally Posted by Concave
i buyed my Z brand new when i was 15 and a half. what you gonna do about it!
^^You tell me; would you expect this come out of a younger or older person's mouth? The answer will say it all.

^^Seems they effecively do it themselves. Further, how can a young driver really be that experienced? I will concede a young driver can be a cautious and good driver, but experienced? Only a handful of years removed from tit milk does not equate to experience.

While it does not necessarily have to be tied to one's age, if one speaks more from their knowledge and experience the more likely they are to be taken seriously - by everyone.

I'm sure to get flamed by a few, so it will probably be entertaining reading later.

Last edited by wyoz; 01-21-2009 at 11:33 AM.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:32 AM
richiesaurusrex

Your just mad cus your *** is old. you guys are hatin cus I'm 19 and drive the same car as all of you grandpas. Now I have respect for my elders, but the younger Z drivers are being blasted for no reason. Maybe you older guys should consider buying a more suitable vehicle for your age group.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:38 AM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by wyoz
^^Again, from a similar age group.
Why do you think I know how hard it is to own a Z by yourself at a young age?
I've realized by myself from my own experience that buying a Z and trying to afford it was a big mistake. Never missed a payment, but I can't afford anything else. What fun is life if I can't even go out for lunch, etc? Was going to sell it to get into something more reasonable, but since I'm going into the AF, I imagine it will be more affordable.

Originally Posted by richiesaurusrex
Your just mad cus your *** is old. .
Stop watching Boondocks.

And yeah, I get pissed at my own generation, because kids like to have their cars handed them and say they "own" the car and it's theirs.

Last edited by Spork; 01-21-2009 at 11:40 AM.

Quick Reply: This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...